Android/MoDaCo custom boot animation

Guest Fusion0306

Guest Stevos
Stevos, I tried EVERYTHING to get your animation to work. I changed desc.txt, changed frame names, I even tried importing frame by frame in flash and then exporting them. But even that didn't work. I don't know what could be the problem. Sorry :(

Thanks for checking that out for me, much appreciated, at least I know it's not just me being totally stupid now :(

It's probably something to do with the formatting of the PNGs in some sense, but I have no idea how. The only difference I could find with PNGs that worked was the pixels per inch rating was for some reason different on mine, but that shouldn't matter outside of a print setting anyway, surely...

Unfortunately there's no documentation on bootanimation formats, and evidently there are some things the system doesn't support, it may be just a case of fiddling until it works.

Guest Fusion0306
Thanks for checking that out for me, much appreciated, at least I know it's not just me being totally stupid now :(

It's probably something to do with the formatting of the PNGs in some sense, but I have no idea how. The only difference I could find with PNGs that worked was the pixels per inch rating was for some reason different on mine, but that shouldn't matter outside of a print setting anyway, surely...

Unfortunately there's no documentation on bootanimation formats, and evidently there are some things the system doesn't support, it may be just a case of fiddling until it works.

Like I said, I imported your animation in flash frame by frame and exported it in "my format" png (sounds stupid, but you know what I mean :( )

It still didn't work.

At least it didn't cause a boot loop like one of mine animations :o

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest Stevos

Aha, I fixed it!

I'm not sure why, but recreating it using another zip application seems to have done the job.

I used IZArc ( http://download.cnet.com/IZArc/3000-2250_4-10072925.html ) with exactly the same settings as I used on 7zip and it works fine!

I'll try some of the other stuff that was failing, maybe I have a faulty version of 7zip somehow.

Functional version added here, it's no great artistic creation, but at least it now works :(

heart.zip

Guest Fusion0306
Aha, I fixed it!

I'm not sure why, but recreating it using another zip application seems to have done the job.

I used IZArc ( http://download.cnet.com/IZArc/3000-2250_4-10072925.html ) with exactly the same settings as I used on 7zip and it works fine!

I'll try some of the other stuff that was failing, maybe I have a faulty version of 7zip somehow.

Functional version added here, it's no great artistic creation, but at least it now works :(

You can delete the "part0" folder. And than rename the folder to "part0" and change the desc.txt line "part1" to "part0".

That way, it's simpler and more organized, IMO :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest llaszlo
I had nothing to do today so i played around and made a custom Android/MoDaCo boot animation.

Comments welcome

Part0:

poweron0007.png

Animated swf here: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1275321744

Part1:

poweron0013.png

Animated swf here: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1275321575

Video (sorry for the bad quality):

DOWNLOAD

Every yours animations is very nice. ;) Thanks.

But I would like use only MoDaCo animation. But not working this.

I unzipped this, and delete part0 and rename part1 to part0. In desc.txt text change to

320 480 24

p 0 0 part0

Reziped.

NOT COMPRESSED.

copy /system/media

Reboot and I seen only original animated ANDROID text.

Please, make only MoDaCo animation.

Thanks.

Edited by llaszlo

Guest Fusion0306
Every yours animations is very nice. ;) Thanks.

But I would like use only MoDaCo animation. But not working this.

I unzipped this, and delete part0 and rename part1 to part0. In desc.txt text change to

320 480 24

p 0 0 part0

Reziped.

NOT COMPRESSED.

copy /system/media

Reboot and I seen only original animated ANDROID text.

Please, make only MoDaCo animation.

Thanks.

There you go. MoDaCo animation only.

DOWNLOAD

bootanimation.zip

Guest Fusion0306
I can't get these to work ;)

I copied to system/media but it didn't work.Do I need to change/add some text in build.prop?

You don't have to change anything. Just replace the original bootanimation.zip with one of these and it should work.

Guest biron_w
You don't have to change anything. Just replace the original bootanimation.zip with one of these and it should work.

I don't have an original bootanimation.zip on my phone. I tried just pasting a zipped and unzipped file into system/media but it did nothing. I still get the android logo that just lights up,that's it ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Simon O
mm just readed the whole thread wat i can understand is all you got to d boot image paste new in it .....can i use astro?

You need to make the system partition writable before you copy the bootanimation.zip to /system/media/

use adb or install root explorer.

Guest fredewis
You need to make the system partition writable before you copy the bootanimation.zip to /system/media/

use adb or install root explorer.

im gonna sound like a total noob but beter late then ever flib betwin us :D wats adb lol and how i get it ....i know stupid question but it was always in my head

Guest Azurren
Hey, would these work on my Spica? I presume they would since the Pulse and the Spica have the same resolution, 320*480.

They should do.. Just check that the formats match that of the Nexus boot from Samdroid / LKmod so that you don't completely butter it up :D

But it should be relatively the same

Guest JimJam707
They should do.. Just check that the formats match that of the Nexus boot from Samdroid / LKmod so that you don't completely butter it up :D

But it should be relatively the same

How would I go about doing that?

I don't actually have a zip to flash for the nexus boot animation. I didn't even tick it in the kitchen.

Guest DanWilson
How would I go about doing that?

I don't actually have a zip to flash for the nexus boot animation. I didn't even tick it in the kitchen.

Just Nandroid and copy the file over. In the unlikely event it fails restore the Nandroid, or delete the file via ADB.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheBrownBottle

I've just tried to create one of these and it's not working. I've got 40 images and when it boots I just see a white screen. When it gets to image 34 it works then loops back to the white screen. I guess its something to do with the colours in the earlier images. Does anyone have any ideas?

I've worked it out, it seems that you cannot have any level of transparency in your images otherwise you just see a white screen.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

• 2 weeks later...