[140] bootloader error flashing Telstra desire

Guest darkrampage

Guest darkrampage

Been trying to flash the stock WWE Desire rom onto my Telstra Desire to clear out all of the Telstra bloatware, however I keep getting stuck with the [140] Bootloader error. I have the 0.75 bootloader, goldcard (created and tried two different cards with two different devices) and still no luck. Any suggestions?

Edit: To clarify, the RUU I am using is "RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.15.405.4_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_122704"

Edited by darkrampage

Guest UnitedWeFall
Been trying to flash the stock WWE Desire rom onto my Telstra Desire to clear out all of the Telstra bloatware, however I keep getting stuck with the [140] Bootloader error. I have the 0.75 bootloader, goldcard (created and tried two different cards with two different devices) and still no luck. Any suggestions?

Edit: To clarify, the RUU I am using is "RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.15.405.4_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_122704"

I'm getting the same error...

Guest fatwolf

I had the same issue it ended up being my goldcard.

I found with my 2/4gb cards it never worked right.

Used an old 512mb kingmax card and formatted it to fat32 1st

Then used the HxD tool to put the goldcard info at the start of the device.

Unlike the other cards the fat32 partition was still valid and fully usable(like it needs to be)

I didn't even need to change the card while rooting.

Guest darkrampage

Interesting, I did what you said and made a new goldcard using a 512mb card, now I get a [130] Model ID error instead.

Guest RalphM
I'm getting the same error...

My guess is your telstra desire has been updated from the mfg to 1.16, but still showing BL .75. I had the same issue and you just need to flash with the Alt method for the .80 BL. It took me about 15 tries to figure it out since the BL was showing .75.

Guest Muskie

1: Check yer Goldcard.

2: A8183 users should root using rx-desire-root-alt.

3: Flash using My Modded MCR if you're with Telstra, as it fixes the UA string locking issues for Bigpond services.

Edited by Muskie

Guest PavanT
1: Check yer Goldcard.

2: A8183 users should root using rx-desire-root-alt.

3: Flash using My Modded MCR if you're with Telstra, as it fixes the UA string locking issues for Bigpond services.

I am on build number 1.16.XXX.X , boot loader version of 0.75.* , firmware version 2.1-update 1 and radio -4.05.00.11. I am new to Android. Can you please provided detailed steps. I would like to get rid of the Telstra rom.

Guest Muskie
I am on build number 1.16.XXX.X , boot loader version of 0.75.* , firmware version 2.1-update 1 and radio -4.05.00.11. I am new to Android. Can you please provided detailed steps. I would like to get rid of the Telstra rom.

Follow the steps in the main Rooting thread, but download the r5-desire-root-<b>alt</b> File. other than that, steps should be identical.

Create your goldcard in windows using the programs specified in the thread about goldcards (which is linked in the main rooting guide), but use Linux to do your wiping and recovery, as the windows drivers for the Desire (especially for x64 systems) are buggy to unusable.

Since you're on Telstra, I'd recommend you use my Modification of Paul's MCR in this thread after rooting, as it fixes the useragent strings that block Telstra users from using Bigpond services.