installing superboot after 2.1 official upgrade???

Guest kamikase

Guest kamikase

can i install superboot after upgrading to 2.1?

i was too stupid to read all posts like the one "upgrading 2.1 with pictures" and paul's post about r7 WIP and the linked-in original posts about the CRI did not mention that i have to install superboot before i upgrade to 2.1

so i now have 2.1 official (with no root - i guess) but no possibility of a nandroid backup before installing the MCR r7 WIP - or am i missing something?

why am i so stupid? - well all i read was that there would be no use of a backup since we can't go back to 1.5 anyway ...

and the way i understood was that only CRI was needed to get 2.1 running

on the other hand there was a post here where there was talk about that an old superboot version or so could be responsible for the FC's

hell i'm confused :(

hope somebody can help me along

kase

ps: it would not be a total loss for me if nothing works cause the original 2.1 is pretty damn nice compared to 1.5 dec :(

Guest Speckles

I thought the Superboot-ROM was actually a kernel used for 1.5 ROM? Are you sure it'll work on a 2.1 ROM which has a different kernel?

Guest kamikase
You don't need superboot to do a nandroid backup.

Install the recovery image, that's where nandroid is.

well how?

tried menu + end(red) when turning on and i get a meny with the following:

Android system recovery <2e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cace partition

the last 3 are selectable

it doesn't look like the pictures i've seen here either

hope someone can tell me what i did wrong :(

kase

Edited by kamikase

Guest Totyasrác
well how?

tried menu + end(red) when turning on and i get a meny with the following:

Android system recovery <2e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cace partition

the last 3 are selectable

it doesn't look like the pictures i've seen here either

hope someone can tell me what i did wrong :(

kase

That is the factory recovery - showing you have actually NOT installed the CRI. Do that as described in the relevant post and there you go.

You DEFINITELY don't need Superboot - and for sure not the one for 1.5 Android since that'll crash your phone!

Guest Epic-Emodude

Hi people,

I have found this which is what Paul used to root his custom ROM. I think you just need to flash it in recovery mode.

Aaron

Guest kamikase
Try to flash it again

Kommst du aus Österreich?

jup, villach im schonen kaernten :(

That is the factory recovery - showing you have actually NOT installed the CRI. Do that as described in the relevant post and there you go.

You DEFINITELY don't need Superboot - and for sure not the one for 1.5 Android since that'll crash your phone!

well i did actually

i ran the script as described in the thread from paul and on that blue screen was something like writing/flashing blabla OKAY

so i thought it worked fine

well since i can install it with 2.1 running anyhow i guess it does not matter too much :o

will try it at home so i can finally get my MCR on the pulse :(

greetings

Kase

• 1 year later...
Guest bobot1

I'm a good example of this stupidity - i updated my Pulse with custom 2.1, and after that i put Superboot for Android 1.5 :( - now I need a new phone :((

Guest Freon35

I'm a good example of this stupidity - i updated my Pulse with custom 2.1, and after that i put Superboot for Android 1.5 :( - now I need a new phone :((

Just re-flash it.

Guest bobot1

Just re-flash it.

Yes, how to do that?

I wrote on some other topic:

"I installed amonrarecovery and started android sysrem recovery.... And there is a problem.

I can use up/down volume key in this menu, but i'cant choose anything. green-key doesn't do anything :("

Now i can start this android system recovery to - but I can't use green-key for anything :(

Guest Freon35

Step 3: Power Off your device. Hold down the POWER + RED (End call) + VOLUME DOWN keys until a blue screen appears<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Step 4: Plug your device into your computer and wait for the drivers to be installed (Windows Only)<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">If your computer does not find the necessary drivers your can't proceed. Please Manually locate the new drivers from the "PC Suite" that was included within the HU 2.1 update ZIP

http://www.t-mobile.hu/static/szoftverek/t...lse_21_B815.zip<br style=color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Step 5: Open the "install-recovery-windows.bat" (Windows) or the "install-recovery-mac.sh" (Mac) or the "install-recovery-linux.sh" (Linux)<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">This will open and close very quickly. There is no visible indication that anything has happened on either the computer or the phone. If you get a "waiting for device" or an error refer to the FAQ [here]<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Step 6: Unplug your device, remove and re-insert the battery. Press and Hold down: "POWER + MENU + RED (End call) Keys until the "Custom recover image" screen appears<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">It may appear after the origonal Tmobile boot or between the android screen. If not remove the battery and try again.<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Note: When using the Custom Recovery image use the Trackball to move up / down and press to select. Use the back button to go back.<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Step 7: Select the Option "USB MS Toggle" and plug your phone into your computer. Download a Custom ROM of your choice and place the ENTIRE ZIP (Do not extract it) onto the root of your SD card.<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">By "Root" I mean do not place the file in any subfolders<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Step 8: Return to the Custom Recover Main menu and select the "Backup/Restore" option. Choose a standard nandroid backup and let it run it's course<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Step 9: Return to the Custom Recover Main menu and select the "Wipe" option. Choose the First option (Factory reset) and confirm.<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Step 10: Return to the Custom Recover Main menu abd select the "Flash ZIP from SDCard". Select the custom rom you wish to flash, confirm and wait.

All can be found here:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/311809-the-ultimate-pulse-owners-guide/#entry1318836

Guest bobot1

I'v tried this..

Problem begins on Step 6. "Custom recover image" screen appears and i cant move through menu with trackball. I can mowe up/down with volumeup/down buton, but I can't do any selection - trackball doesn't react, green buton also... what am I doing wrong?:unsure:

Guest Freon35

RED + Volume Down and blue screen apears. Connect with USB, and install Amon Ra recovery. Format the SD card throu recovery with ext2 and swap. Then disconnect, Batery out, again Red + Volume Down - install CW Recovery 2.5.0.7.

Now you can do everything.

Edited by Freon35

Guest bobot1

thanks for helping me B)

I solved the "problem"

My trackball button was dirty (I don't use it often) and it wasn't working. Now I cleaned it and did all I wanted - now I have v2.0 alpha3 ;)

everything works fine...

Edited by bobot1