iGO Primo on Omnia 2

Guest Pete B

I have installed Igo Primo on my i8000. All seemed well until.....

Igo was reporting that the gps was turned off. Igo would then turn it on then search for satelites, then turn off again. I could see about 9 satellite dots in Igo of which 2 had the red bars which I assume means they were available. Sat outside for 10 minutes no luck.

Reboot my i8000 to find it eventually locked onto 5 satellites and gave a good gps coordinate. But then without moving around I found it would report gps turned off again, then turn it back on again to get a lock to find it reported gps turned off again.......

Is anyone else experiencing this? I have the software gps port set to com 4 and a baud rate of 38,400 in the samsung settings. Igo has the same settings in the sys.txt file.

I'm getting locks but it doesn't seem to keep the gps on. Almost as though its going into a power saving mode.

The only extra files I have copied one of the data.zip and sys.txt files in this forum into the Primo directory with the only mod being the gps port, baud rate and rds port to the hypergps port. More on not getting the rds to work after I solve the gps problem.

Guest Pete B
i've got error message "800x480 resolution not supported..." something like that... any help?

I had that until I changed the settings in the sys.txt in the primo directory. Maybe try one of the sys.txt files in this forum and edit your gps port and baud rate.

Guest thegunners
I had that until I changed the settings in the sys.txt in the primo directory. Maybe try one of the sys.txt files in this forum and edit your gps port and baud rate.

thank's

but already fix by using new data.zip

Guest Luko69

Now I tried the program and works flawlessly. I want to ask, how should I put iGO.exe shortcut to the Start menu. Thanks for the reply. Samsung Omnia II.

Guest igorbr
Now I tried the program and works flawlessly. I want to ask, how should I put iGO.exe shortcut to the Start menu. Thanks for the reply. Samsung Omnia II.

with Resco explorer go to igo primo folder, click and hold igo.exe and click copy...then go to windows\start menu\programs and paste as shortcut...now you have igo icon on windows start menu...

sorry my english...i think it will help you anyway..

Guest Pete B

Well not that anyone cares or has experienced the problem I reported before judging by no reply or other reports of this but........

I have fixed the gps turning off and on again in Igo even though Garmin worked flawlessly.

I changed the program gps port back to the default com7 in samsung settings and edited the sys.txt to be com7. And surprisingly Igo works fine now. Left the baud rate at 38,400 but did add a line in the sys.txt file for the gps to say the source is "nmea".

Guest collect_sampah

Can someone please post a new link for DATA.ZIP? All the previous RS links have been deleted. Maybe a link to site like Megaupload, FileFactory, Depositfiles etc. Thanks!

Guest Ganhiru

I'm Getting the following error right after starting Igo.exe

0xc0000005

Did annyone get this and solve it?

I solved it, by getting a diffrent "source"

Edited by Ganhiru

Guest Dado...

newer data.zip fow WQVGA (WVGA with sys.txt)

b470119895.jpg

Here is the new 400x240 data.zip which sorts out MPH problem for speedcam limit. Plus, some other tidy ups.

http://rapidshare.com/files/403556226/holiday_pictures.rar

password: kitzie

unrar/zip and replace your current data.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/402534495/sys.rar

Edited by Dado...

Guest Ganhiru

i'm still working on getting Primo to run properly.

Right now, I'm getting as far as the Language selection screen, but when I choose a language ( any language ) it crashes with:

Out of memory.

Requested: 24117248

Cache: 0

I have made changes to my sys.txt file under [debug] to limit memory. But that does not work.

Igo 8.3 used to work perfectly, and to prevent Primo from crashing on that I have formated the card completely.

I'm using your latest data.zip and Primo downloads I found on Usenet. But I'm not shure if there is garbage in those files. So I'll struggle on until it works.

ow, I'm using a dutch rom

Ok I found the SOLLUTION HERE

Edited by Ganhiru