Pulse 2.1 Lite ROM

Guest mattheo
No. The rom isn't meant to have it.

I'm sorry, but I'm a beginner.

There is APP2SD in Paul's ROM, why don't you put it in into this ones?

Guest Simon O

This rom is meant to be as small and light as possible without apps2sd, and giving enough space to install extra apps.

Guest Epic-Emodude
This rom is meant to be as small and light as possible without apps2sd, and giving enough space to install extra apps.

I asume its because of that reason that live wallpapers have been removed? Do they slow it down significantly?

Guest Daniel Williamson
Hi,

Ive downloaded the v1. I unziped it changed the bootanimation.zip and reziped it. I signed it using androsign and flashed it.

E: Can't open /sdcard/update-signed.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted

Is this because it hasnt signed properly. If so how do people usually sign roms? note im using linux, but do have access to a windows PC.

Thanx

Aaron

You dont sign bootanimation.zip's and remember to store them instead of compressing.

Dan

Guest Epic-Emodude
You dont sign bootanimation.zip's and remember to store them instead of compressing.

Dan

I signed the ROM not the boot animation but i dont think it signed properly...

Guest Richard_Arkless

Just found something out if you remove SetupWizardEx.apk then when you do a clean install it will just skip the setup part and if you look under the about screen the tutorial option is gone, dunno if setupwizard.apk can also be deleted

EDIT: SetupWizardEx.apk can be deleted but not setupwizard.apk, is needed to setup google account in settings

EDIT 2: because the setup process has been removed, email can now be removed also

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Stevos

Good, that setup wizard is annoying. It's great for first time use, but by the time people have got to flashing custom ROMs they probably don't need / want it anymore.

Flibblesan already said, but just to flesh it out a bit - A2SD is great for trying out apps, but I think it's generally accepted that for apps that you want to use on a regular basis you'd rather have them on the phone than on your SD card. They run faster, with fewer stability problems, that way. So the idea of this ROM is to give you the ability to have the apps locally rather than on your card.

Once it's finished I'm sure it will go off in all sorts of different directions - it may well be that someone takes the Lite ROM, bakes in a few of the free apps to fill up the space we've freed up, and then adds A2SD to allow people to add more of their own. That would be great. But getting rid of all the cruft is a good place to start.

I asume its because of that reason that live wallpapers have been removed? Do they slow it down significantly?

I don't now what everyone else's experiences are, but I find Live Wallpapers completely unusable - they're slow, they sometimes disappear...so for me they were an obvious candidate for deletion. Plus, y'know, they're just eye candy and they take up an inordinate amount of space.

Just found something out if you remove SetupWizardEx.apk then when you do a clean install it will just skip the setup part and if you look under the about screen the tutorial option is gone, dunno if setupwizard.apk can also be deleted

EDIT: SetupWizardEx.apk can be deleted but not setupwizard.apk, is needed to setup google account in settings

EDIT 2: because the setup process has been removed, email can now be removed also

This is great - will add this to the To-Do for v2.

Guest Richard_Arkless
This is great - will add this to the To-Do for v2.

One thing I have noticed is sometimes it will completely skip it, sometimes it will stay on a black screen and you will need to hold the home/back button to get to the home screen but apart from that I havent had a problem yet plus my rom seems faster because of it being removed, guess its 1 less service running

Also ill be releasing v7 of my rom soon which is now 50mb in size and has quite a bit of programs removed, you can use it for inspirational purposes if you want

Guest whackster
As far as i know, you have to modify the script for the pulse. Since the system partition is not mtdblock3. I think its mtdblock1.

I was able to run the script, but after re-flashing i'm getting

/data/odex/odex.sh: permission denied
, and adb shell is showing garbage (tried the latest r6 tools, still the same).

What needs to be modified in the script to work?

Guest flip360

is there an easy way to add A2SD+ to this ROM? also i would like to put the RBM dialer, much better than the stock one imho :(

cheers

Guest whackster
I was able to run the script, but after re-flashing i'm getting , and adb shell is showing garbage (tried the latest r6 tools, still the same).

What needs to be modified in the script to work?

Got it working, needed a chmod 4755 /data/odex/odex.sh :(

When you release v2 would you be able to put in the fix for the wifi disconection message?

The edit to build.prop? Yes, happy to. Funnily enough I was using my wifi last night and didn't get the message at all - but happy to make the change, as I don't see what else it could break. While we're editing build.prop, would it make sense to change the fingerprint for market purposes as well?

The change to local.prop discussed here seems like a nice idea too. Any thoughts on that, anyone?

Guest Richard_Arkless
The change to local.prop discussed here seems like a nice idea too. Any thoughts on that, anyone?

Yes thats a good idea it speeded up the return to home screen dramatically, I cant seem to find local.prop in the rom however or does it go under a different name

edit found it but there is 11 of them, which one is the correct one lol

Guest Epic-Emodude

@Dave_w I dont know if you have seen it but there is a post showing things to do to make a ROM better. Worth having a look at it to improve yours?

Guest Epic-Emodude
thanks for winsign, just made my first custom ROM :(

Did it work then? I tried it with linsign I couldnt make any sense of it =( Glad to be of help tho =)

@Dave_w I dont know if you have seen it but there is a post showing things to do to make a ROM better. Worth having a look at it to improve yours?

The "Top Tricks and Tips" thread? Yes, I've got my eye on it - the first few are the changes to build.prop and local.prop discussed above.