Pulse 2.1 Lite ROM

Guest whackster
Yeah. It's pretty handy.

By the way the Music.apk I gave a link to earlier is infact a port of the 2.1 player to 2.0 which might be why it's a little slow for some people. The proper 2.1 player is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?i00zi5wjzjz

Well I didn't know that, and that's why we need to set up a wiki with descriptions of what each app does and depends on.

Guest tgomas

Cheers for the music app, I will stick it on later.

Is anybody else getting some lag opening contacts? I click on the launcher pro icon and it stays highlighted for a few seconds before opening the contacts. I am worried I may have started this when I deleted some stuff from the rom.

Guest Epic-Emodude

Is anybody else getting some lag opening contacts? I click on the launcher pro icon and it stays highlighted for a few seconds before opening the contacts. I am worried I may have started this when I deleted some stuff from the rom.

Just checked and I have the same thing so its probably normal. Does anyone know of a way we could make i faster?

Guest igor_anta

Also maybe it has been answered but I didn't see it through the pages, the new Contacts.apk is from the Vanilla or the RBM rom? I think you should add the RBM Contacts since that app is miles better than the rest we have to work with, the Dialer also supports T9 searching. Cheers!

Guest tgomas

I have found another issue. When composing mail in the gmail app the address bar will not seek out partial matches for the email you type, this can be irritating.

I restored the original rom and it worked there. I am guessing the contacts app in this rom wont play ball with the gmail app.

Any ideas on what I can try to fix this?

Edited by tgomas

Guest Simon O

It happens to me on a different rom. I suspect the phone is trying to free up some memory to load the contacts app in. Maybe the local.prop tweak is causing the delay?

Guest zerosignull
I take it we can remove all of the Huawei apps from the rom?

HuaweiSyncClient, HWDrmApp, HWTheme_Work

I tried it and it seems all right so far. Also subbed in the Nexus music player, seems to be slower and not as good as the stock Huawei one.

You can remove all the HWTheme apk's.

You may want to consider stripping out the wallpapers from the launder too. If you leave the default wallpaper in the size goes from 6mb~ -> 850kb~

Guest tgomas
I have found another issue. When composing mail in the gmail app the address bar will not seek out partial matches for the email you type, this can be irritating.

I restored the original rom and it worked there. I am guessing the contacts app in this rom wont play ball with the gmail app.

Any ideas on what I can try to fix this?

As for this issue it is definitely with the standard v2 lite and none of my modifications. I presume the only way to fix is to switch back in the original contacts apk.

Guest Simon O
As for this issue it is definitely with the standard v2 lite and none of my modifications. I presume the only way to fix is to switch back in the original contacts apk.

I get the same issue with Shadows rom, so I assume it is related to the contacts applications.

Guest Stevos

Unfortunately the predictive text bug is making it unusable for entering text.

This probably depends on the number of contacts you have (and their names), but entering any text words under about 5 characters means that the autocorrect / suggest system is likely to replace the word with a contact name, even if the word entered was completely correct and the contact name bears only slight resemblance to the entered word (I'm being generous when I say slight resemblance... some of them only share one letter). Longer words seem to be more likely to be so different to the contact names that it doesn't match them so often.

This means that when typing the full words, almost every word needs to be selected from the autoselect options, as the default it uses will be wrong if the space key is pressed. It makes typing anything nearly impossible, and it doesn't seem to remember which words have been chosen, so it never learns / improves

Examples.

"I need to go to the bank to get some money" -> "I need Ross Gover Ross the Banks Ross Green some money"

"This is crazy and takes too long to type" -> "This Will crazy Android takes too King Ross type"

You get the idea...

The replaced words are generally from my contact list names. My GF thinks I'm nuts already :)

Guest Epic-Emodude

Hi Dave,

Any idea when we are getting v3?

Do you need any help with the boot animation, if so tell me roughly what you want and I will give it a shot.

Thanx

Aaron

Sorry team, I know I've dropped the ball a bit here - work's kicking my arse at the moment.

Have made some good progress with v3 - would really like to find a solution for predictive typing that doesn't involve switching the Contacts app back, but not holding my breath. New version should be early next week, but sooner if I can get the time.

Guest Epic-Emodude
Sorry team, I know I've dropped the ball a bit here - work's kicking my arse at the moment.

Have made some good progress with v3 - would really like to find a solution for predictive typing that doesn't involve switching the Contacts app back, but not holding my breath. New version should be early next week, but sooner if I can get the time.

Thats Good.

I was thinking, is there a chance we could speak to paul about a kitchen for this ROM (for those apps such as you tube that some want and some dont)?

Aaron

EDIT: Also, with regards to the keyboards predictive text thing, I am using HTC_IME Mod and have not had this problem. Could It just be the stock keyboard in which case its just the case of bundling in another keyboard

Edited by Epic-Emodude

Guest Philippe Demartin

The V2 works flawlessly on my huawei u8220-6 on the Chilean movistar network, the only problem I see, is the phone app who is really slow, I would love to see the vanilla dialer instead.

Edited by Philippe Demartin

Guest DanWilson
6. Signing the ROM

After you have made all the changes to the ROM, you will need to re-zip it and sign it. You CANNOT flash a ROM unless it has been signed.

In order to re-zip it you should select the 3 folders (Data, META-INF and system) and the boot.img and compress them to a .zip.

Can't you just flash the system image through fastboot?

Or is there more to do for that, because I can't sign...

(Even though I don't want to make a ROM...)

Guest Epic-Emodude
Can't you just flash the system image through fastboot?

Or is there more to do for that, because I can't sign...

(Even though I don't want to make a ROM...)

You may be able to, but I dont know how to use fastboot. If you can give me a working method I will hapily add it. =)

Thanx

Aaron

Guest DanWilson
You may be able to, but I dont know how to use fastboot. If you can give me a working method I will hapily add it. =)

Thanx

Aaron

Well is the system image a system.img?

Guest Epic-Emodude
Well is the system image a system.img?

I cant find a system .img in the ROM. But then again I dont exactly know what your talking about...

Guest tuxuy
i tried to replace the phone and contact apps with that one:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=599194

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=623205

But i only get FC. :)

I got the same problem.. I removed the Contacts.apk & .odex, ContactProvider.apk & .odex, and replaced with the apk's (no .odex) from the rom in this post, but I only get constantly FC.. any idea?

Thanks.

Hmm... just flashed V2 (after the Hungarian and CUSTOMISED_HU and AmonRA and a full wipe inc Ext2 ...) and I can't turn on Data Services

any time I check the box it turns itself off again when I move back.

Of course this means that Google sync, browser etc all fall over.

I'll try re-flashing and see if this fixes it, but has anyone else had this?

cheers

Ray

Great ROM BTW, much much smoother than the stock T-Mobile slug!

EDIT: reflashing restores the Data Service! ... but now I notice that I can't connect to the PC 'cos the Pulse has become an 'Android Mobile Adapter' ... ??? Uh ???

EDIT#2: .... *sigh* I'll get there in the end.... damned noob error, ROM defaulted to USB Debugging enabled...

All Cool.. and I'm a happy bunny ;)

Nice work guys.

Edited by RayT

Got another problem now, I can't keep the phone running for long before it crashes and reboots.

Seems to happen more frequently if I try to download from the market, or from a website, but it'll crash by itself if left on the desk.

I'll try a wipe and reflash (again) and see if it fixes it.

RayT

EDIT: wiped everything and reapplied the 2.1 Hungarian ROM. the world is a happy place again, and my battery life has tripled.

Edited by RayT