Froyo menu buttons - changing dialer to dialer one

Guest Chief Gribbler

Guest Chief Gribbler

I'd like to change the default dialer to dialer one, is there a way to make that the default when I press the phone button on the menu bar launcher thingy (was the proper term for that as well?)?

Thanks.

Guest chouki
Yes, ADW Launcher is the nuts !!

Use Launcher pro is better than ADW, speed up! no trouble on the battery, and multitouch screen as SENSE interface :(

You can change all the menu buttons! and icons!

Guest hondaguy
I'd like to change the default dialer to dialer one, is there a way to make that the default when I press the phone button on the menu bar launcher thingy (was the proper term for that as well?)?

Thanks.

once you install dialer one, go to applications, manage apps, running, dialer, scroll down and press clear defaults. once you try to use the dialer the next time it should ask if you want to use the stock dialer or dialer one by default. thats the way it worked with os 2.1

Guest cybrian
once you install dialer one, go to applications, manage apps, running, dialer, scroll down and press clear defaults. once you try to use the dialer the next time it should ask if you want to use the stock dialer or dialer one by default. thats the way it worked with os 2.1

Yeah, but the standard Android 2.2 Launcher's buttons are hardcoded to launch the official Phone app.

I'm going to second LauncherPro. I tried ADW and couldn't stand it after having used LauncherPro for so long; it just isn't as good in my opinion.

Guest JackTheMan18
Yeah, but the standard Android 2.2 Launcher's buttons are hardcoded to launch the official Phone app.

I'm going to second LauncherPro. I tried ADW and couldn't stand it after having used LauncherPro for so long; it just isn't as good in my opinion.

But, in Launcher Pro, how do you change the icons on the "launcher row" on the home screen?

Guest danbogdan
But, in Launcher Pro, how do you change the icons on the "launcher row" on the home screen?

just long press on icons. :)