Transfer Contacts from Omnia (winmo)

Guest nmayer79

Guest nmayer79

So i just ordered my incredible!!!!!! Only question is how did all you guys get your contacts transferred, Big V said it would cost 20 dollars for them to do it and I'll do them one at a time before i pay that!

What happened to all the omnia vets who i know made the switch?

just found sprite through search, anyone used/heard of it?

Edited by nmayer79

Guest lioryte
So i just ordered my incredible!!!!!! Only question is how did all you guys get your contacts transferred, Big V said it would cost 20 dollars for them to do it and I'll do them one at a time before i pay that!

What happened to all the omnia vets who i know made the switch?

just found sprite through search, anyone used/heard of it?

Just sync 'em to ur gmail. Once they're there u'll have no issue getting them on the DI. I can't believe VZ wants $20 for that :(

HERE is Info on how to sync ur Contacts from the i910 to gmail

Guest nmayer79
Just sync 'em to ur gmail. Once they're there u'll have no issue getting them on the DI. I can't believe VZ wants $20 for that :(

Good looking out lioryte, i know youve heard it before but you are one of the ones that made the omnia the best phone i ever had. (at least untill inc gets here, lol) and thanks in advance for all the questions on the droid in the future :(

did you make the switch?

update: when i click set up your phone to sync w/ it it asks for an email address instead of a server address?? gonna mess with it some more since i got couple weeks of waiting though, again, thanks a million

Edited by nmayer79

Guest lioryte

LOL no switch yet, being cheap I wait my time- Aug 12 :( Only god knows what devices will be out by that time

Thanks for ur kind words though

Guest nmayer79

no thank you, you and storm are the only roms i used consistently, made all the difference in the world.

update 2: that link works great, the order my phone asked for said info was different but it asked for it just as the help page said. :o appears to have worked, now to wait for for so i can actually put them on it :(

Anyone try sprite though?

Guest lioryte
the order my phone asked for said info was different but it asked for it just as the help page said. :( appears to have worked, now to wait for for so i can actually put them on it :(

Order will be different- ur using WM 6.5.X the info page is for 6.1- but the essence is the same

It's working all right I have a google apps business account all of my contacts are on my google apps gmail. Look at your gmail contacts

Guest nmayer79
Order will be different- ur using WM 6.5.X the info page is for 6.1- but the essence is the same

It's working all right I have a google apps business account all of my contacts are on my google apps gmail. Look at your gmail contacts

They're on there. Word!!

Ghost town in here isn't it

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bluetooth_decay

I found a laptop that still had Outlook on it (the full version, not Express), loaded ActiveSync, sync'd the Omnia to it, installed HTC Sync from the phone's memory, and it read my Outlook contacts and loaded them into my Inc. Worked great.

Which is a good thing, because I've tried twice since to sync the Inc to my Gmail account without success. The sync operation runs, no errors, but nothing shows up in my Gmail contacts. No time ATM to investigate further.

If I ever get it to work, though, it's good to know that Gmail will mimic an Exchange server so you can sync your WinMo phone directly. I'll probably keep the Omnia as a backup, and this might come in handy. Hopefully it won't ever come to that, though, because even with the great ROMs that folks like Lioryte cooked up, the Omnia is not near the device the Inc is.