Nexus One UK screen replacement

Guest Webreaper

Guest Webreaper

Hi all. Dropped my N1 on my (tiled) kitchen floor last night, and the screen has shattered. :(

Talking to the insurers today about getting it repaired, but I'm wondering whether there's anywhere in London that might be able to repair / replace the screen for less than the cost of my excess. Anyone know of any places that might do it? Google (as in search, not Android) has been singularly unhelpful in finding any results.

Anyone else been through this? :(

Guest sonicjuice
Hi all. Dropped my N1 on my (tiled) kitchen floor last night, and the screen has shattered. :(

Talking to the insurers today about getting it repaired, but I'm wondering whether there's anywhere in London that might be able to repair / replace the screen for less than the cost of my excess. Anyone know of any places that might do it? Google (as in search, not Android) has been singularly unhelpful in finding any results.

Anyone else been through this? :(

Hi there

Someone on another thread got a quote from HTC for £60 - although I don't think the actual glass had shattered on his, just the screen below the glass had broken.

So more than £60 definitely - you need to call HTC for a quote I guess?!

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...d/#entry1296147

All the best, Thomas

Guest Webreaper

Thanks Thomas - that's been really useful. As you say, I just called HTC and they are organising a courier to collect the N1 this afternoon, and the repair should take 5 working days and cost about £60. That's a whole lot better than the £100 excess - plus my insurer would only have been able to give me an idea of repair times by Monday, so it would have undoubtedly been a lot longer than 5 days!

Guest sonicjuice
Thanks Thomas - that's been really useful. As you say, I just called HTC and they are organising a courier to collect the N1 this afternoon, and the repair should take 5 working days and cost about £60. That's a whole lot better than the £100 excess - plus my insurer would only have been able to give me an idea of repair times by Monday, so it would have undoubtedly been a lot longer than 5 days!

Hey - nice one!

I'm really impressed by HTC - seems an extremely efficient service and, as I said on the other thread, £60 isn't too painful overall. It is a fabulous screen!

Thomas

Guest Webreaper
I'm really impressed by HTC - seems an extremely efficient service and, as I said on the other thread, £60 isn't too painful overall. It is a fabulous screen!

Yeah, good service, has to be said. I think you're pushing it when you say it's a fabulous screen; there's clearly some hardware problems with it, in terms of the way it goes mental every now and again. But it's not bad. :(

Guest Batkoto
Yeah, good service, has to be said. I think you're pushing it when you say it's a fabulous screen; there's clearly some hardware problems with it, in terms of the way it goes mental every now and again. But it's not bad. :(

Going mental is not the actual scree but the touch panel.