'Lag' when returning to the home screen.

Guest Minus616

Guest Minus616

Does anybody else get 'lag' when returnign to the home screen (using ADW, Zeam or Launcher pro).

When I exit a app It takes a few seconds to load up all the apps/icons on the home screen, and in that time I can't do anything! It lasts anywhere between 5-10 seconds.

So is this just me? I am using A2SD on a class 2 card, I'm guessing this could be the cause?....

Guest Epic-Emodude
Does anybody else get 'lag' when returnign to the home screen (using ADW, Zeam or Launcher pro).

When I exit a app It takes a few seconds to load up all the apps/icons on the home screen, and in that time I can't do anything! It lasts anywhere between 5-10 seconds.

So is this just me? I am using A2SD on a class 2 card, I'm guessing this could be the cause?....

I think everyone gets it. If you look around the forums you can find a fix for it by editing the local.prop

Guest thisweb

Yes I get this too with the Paul 2.1 R7 t-mob style rom. I do find that ADW is faster than the others. With the Oscillation/Sunrise rom this is not such a problem. Its much quicker but prob not quite as quick as home canvas. I don't know about the A2SD class 2 thing? Sounds plausible. Anyone know?

Guest thisweb
I think everyone gets it. If you look around the forums you can find a fix for it by editing the local.prop

That sounds good. Could someone post a link here if they find it please. I don't really have time to trawl today. I'll check tonight if I get chance. Its a pain being so slow to return to home but really like ADW

Guest goce.nakov
That sounds good. Could someone post a link here if they find it please. I don't really have time to trawl today. I'll check tonight if I get chance. Its a pain being so slow to return to home but really like ADW

Add "ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1" at the end of /data/local.prop using RootExplorer or similar....

Cheers

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest thisweb
Add "ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1" at the end of /data/local.prop using RootExplorer or similar....

Cheers

Lovely! Thanks very much!

Guest Minus616

Cheers

Does this work with Zeam/Launcher pro? or just ADW? Thanks :(

Guest goce.nakov
Does this work with Zeam/Launcher pro? or just ADW? Thanks :(

with all of them...whatever app is your home screen

Guest EvilGazebo

Thanks for this. I thought this was some unavoidable problem/general Pulse&2.1 dogslowness and that I was going to have the dump the launcher. But this has fixed it a treat.

I love MoDaCo :(

Guest gusthy
any home app

Well, in fact, not with "any" of them. Theoretically yes, but some home screens are so big that even this trick doesn't help them reviving even a simple applications start - one of them is PandaHero. It is a sad thing, for Panda Hero is one of the most impressive home screens. (Same situation with Panda Home, they are not the same home screens).

Guest goce.nakov
Well, in fact, not with "any" of them. Theoretically yes, but some home screens are so big that even this trick doesn't help them reviving even a simple applications start - one of them is PandaHero. It is a sad thing, for Panda Hero is one of the most impressive home screens. (Same situation with Panda Home, they are not the same home screens).

Well you can't expect donkey to be a horse :(

Guest thisweb

QUOTE(goce.nakov @ Jun 4 2010, 11:36) *

Cheers

I have nothing in my data folder - using astro. Using Oscillation rom R7b?

Edited by thisweb

Guest goce.nakov

Cheers

Yeah...it was reported buy other people using that ROM, I guess you need to make one buy your self (I'm not sure how that will affect the ROM though).

I'm using Paul's r7 modified buy my self and I'm very satisfied buy now

• 6 months later...
Guest i am not a hacker

i am stuck. you said i needed to add those letters after local. how? i used root explorer, went on sdcard, data, local, then renamed local with local and the stuff you told me to add. it didn't work. HELP

Guest AntonioPT
i am stuck. you said i needed to add those letters after local. how? i used root explorer, went on sdcard, data, local, then renamed local with local and the stuff you told me to add. it didn't work. HELP

You need to add that line in /data/local.prop, not in /sdcard/data/local.

Also, if you're using CM, Settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Performance -> Lock Home (or Launcher, can't remember) in memory. It does the same thing.

Guest i am not a hacker
You need to add that line in /data/local.prop, not in /sdcard/data/local.

Also, if you're using CM, Settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Performance -> Lock Home (or Launcher, can't remember) in memory. It does the same thing.

how? what do i do exactly? step by step if possible. and by the way, on root explorer, you have to have a rooted phone to access the stuff on your phone memory. i have another which allows me to edit some things in my phone. plz step by step

Edited by i am not a hacker

Guest AntonioPT
how? what do i do exactly? step by step if possible. and by the way, on root explorer, you have to have a rooted phone to access the stuff on your phone memory. i have another which allows me to edit some things in my phone. plz step by step

Oh you mean your phone isn't rooted? :(

If it's not rooted you can't do this.

Guest i am not a hacker
Oh you mean your phone isn't rooted? :(

If it's not rooted you can't do this.

can you give me the instructions if it was rooted because i will root it now.

Edited by i am not a hacker

Guest AntonioPT
can you give me the instructions if it was rooted because i will root it now.

Are you still running the stock 1.5 ROM, i.e. the one that came with your phone?

See the "Ultimate Pulse Owner's Guide".

Install the official 2.1 update and then install FLB-MOD 1.7.

That should make your phone much faster & better. Including no more lag in home screen :(

Guest TonyDigi

Cheers

Me 2, can't find local.prop on data folder (astro - build.prop, and some *.prop can be found). I install CM6 AIO ver 0.4 and install Gingerbear launcher replace ADW. can't find this :(

Guest AntonioPT
Me 2, can't find local.prop on data folder (astro - build.prop, and some *.prop can be found). I install CM6 AIO ver 0.4 and install Gingerbear launcher replace ADW. can't find this :(

I think you can put it in build.prop.

But if you're using CM, see my previous post to lock the launcher in memory.

Guest eckengucker1

If you are using LauncherPro you can keep the launcher in memory too. Enable it at the launcher configuration screen.

Edit: Yep entry have to be in the build.prop

Guest eckengucker1

If you are using LauncherPro you can keep the launcher in memory too. Enable it at the launcher configuration screen.

Edit: Yep entry have to be in the build.prop