04/Jun - Official HTC 2.1 (3.31.751.1 Chungwa Taiwan) multiple repacks + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Hy Paul

What do you mean exactly by "insecure boot included" ?

Is it possible to flash it using AmonRA 1.6.2 ?

Yes it is possible to flash it with the AmonRA 1.6.2 method as that's exactly what I have done.

You have to make sure you're on the official 1.5 update first though, and then wipe completelt once into the flash utility.

In addition, is anyone else experiencing issues with android.process.media ?

This process keeps crashing on my handset and I cannot do anything about it. It's stopping me getting anything from the Marketplace!

Edited by Guest

Guest SM411

Installing this ROM and radio update made my phone unable to connect to internet over mobile network.

The phone also lose connection to the GSM network and make me unable to send/recive messages/calls

Guest venturerider
Need to manually update your APN's, wish people would read up on the updates before trying them

There's also the issue with the new radio on Orange. Bet he didn't read that either ;-)

Guest zeromx69

EDIT: For some RANDOM reason after a little while it worked.

I downloaded and flashed

RECOMMENDED - Rooted with Superuser 2.1 by ChainsDD, insecure boot included, radio image NOT included, Chinese specific functionality (HTC_CIME, Plurk, KKBOX etc.) removed, additional languages, HTC_IME and Busybox added - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: e7d08761f201ea3054510b83623eb724

and now i cant get online with the phone, unless i use WIFI..

i tried to manually add a APN with the below settings but no luck.

Name: T-Mobile UK

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Proxy:

Port:

Username: t-mobile

Password: **

Server: *

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

APN type:

Edited by zeromx69

Guest Winston69
There's also the issue with the new radio on Orange. Bet he didn't read that either ;-)

Haha yeah forgot about that, guess I didn't read his post properly, lol

Guest zeromx69

I dont know if its just me, but whenever i try to open "superuser permissions" it just gives me a blank screen and stays like that....

Guest venturerider
I dont know if its just me, but whenever i try to open "superuser permissions" it just gives me a blank screen and stays like that....

That screen only shows which programs have already been granted SU permissions. To grant permissions, just start the program that requires it. You will get a screen asking to grant permission or not.

Guest zeromx69
That screen only shows which programs have already been granted SU permissions. To grant permissions, just start the program that requires it. You will get a screen asking to grant permission or not.

Thanks for clearing that up.

and thanks for the ROM...

Guest Muzer

What's this "radio" thing? I'm quite confused - is it referring to GSM radio (ie so it won't work as a phone without it), or is it something else?

Guest Perey
I get occasional stuttering but, a little more annoyingly, sometimes when it's changing tracks it seems to get stuck, the way to fix it is by tapping button/screen. Seems it might be something to do with the CPU freq. when in 'screen off' mode. Might be able to fix it with a bit of OC'ing :)

Yeah I'm getting this problem too, get it even when I have offlined the playlist. Spotify would stutter when playing and I had to take my phone out of my pocket and drag the drag the screen lock down to fix the problem.

Bit of a pain in the arse frankly. :)

Guest garbiel

hey all.

had been using the latest Villain rom because there was no Modaco 2.1 alternative until recently.... and now i see why.

The villain rom was unbearably slow, would usually grind to a halt if doing more than 2 things, gps didnt work, the web was terribly terribly slow. constant reboots or just pulling the battery out because it would freez for 10 mins.

this modaco rom is excellent. really impressed. had a few issues installing the rom and installing the radio, but all is done now. no reboots, no hangs or freezes, gps works, its very smoth and very very responsive.

fair play Paul. great job

Guest Mugenmk

As a noobie can someone please help me. How do I instal this rom, where do I download it? Is it the same process as with the Modaco 3.2 , 1.5 firmware?

Guest nickbw
Shortly, testing now...

P

I tried this with UK Orange (locked) hero (rooted) running MoDaCo 3.2 ROM and 1.5 firmware it came up with "sim lock" irrespective of which radio I used. This is exactly the same problem as I had trying the ROM from xda site.

Does anyone have any ideas if rooted phone running 3.2 will receive Orange OTA preparitory upgrade for pending generic 2.1 or whether or not this will unroot phone?

Edited by nickbw

Guest Benkeeper
The villain rom was unbearably slow, would usually grind to a halt if doing more than 2 things, gps didnt work, the web was terribly terribly slow. constant reboots or just pulling the battery out because it would freez for 10 mins.

Did you try last Villain 10 rom ?

I'm trying it since yesterday, while waiting for the final MCR4, and it's really efficient. No FC, Multi language, OTA update ...

I just think that battery life is not as long on VillainRom (perhaps some kind of overclocking in the air ...)

Don't forget that before v10 release, all older villain roms were based on non-Hero ROM (i.e. Legend Rom ...), which were tuned to work on Hero.

;)

Edited by Benkeeper

Guest eddiewawa

Hey guys,

just letting you all know I was on a rooted HTC Hero (locked with orange) and the update to this ROM was successful.

Did make the initial mistake of not wiping out the data 1st before updating it with the new ROM.

phone powers up ok, had to add in the Orange APN manually so now can connect to mobile internet (HSDPA speeds checks out ok).

mybackup installed and recovered 23 apps i had backed up, will need to go through each one to see if there are any oddities about any of them working on 2.1

update - as im writing this i am getting force closes with the HTC sense process. have rebooted the phone to see if this still occurs (anyone getting the same thing with the HTC sense force closing?)

will try and see if the GPS works with backed up co-pilot.

will provide an update on the rest when i can.

Laters!

Eddie

Guest eddiewawa
Hey guys,

just letting you all know I was on a rooted HTC Hero (locked with orange) and the update to this ROM was successful.

Did make the initial mistake of not wiping out the data 1st before updating it with the new ROM.

phone powers up ok, had to add in the Orange APN manually so now can connect to mobile internet (HSDPA speeds checks out ok).

mybackup installed and recovered 23 apps i had backed up, will need to go through each one to see if there are any oddities about any of them working on 2.1

update - as im writing this i am getting force closes with the HTC sense process. have rebooted the phone to see if this still occurs (anyone getting the same thing with the HTC sense force closing?)

will try and see if the GPS works with backed up co-pilot.

will provide an update on the rest when i can.

Laters!

Eddie

Hey guys,

not been able to test GPS yet, but now getting unusual heat ups at the back of the phone and battery juice seems to be running down quicker...anyone suffering from the same thing?

Eddie

Guest Smilgs

Hello.

I have a problem with the ROM - worked fine for a couple of days.

Then my gmail application started freezing (using google apps account), and now when entering gmail it hangs.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Update - a wipe of the data for google apps, google mail and sync data + restart solved the issue.

Edited by Smilgs

Guest eddiewawa
Hey guys,

not been able to test GPS yet, but now getting unusual heat ups at the back of the phone and battery juice seems to be running down quicker...anyone suffering from the same thing?

Eddie

Hey all,

1 days worth of use and looks like this new 2.1 update is a real battery drainer. ok, maybe the battery is 1 year old now, but still, 40% drop in battery capacity in (according to the battery graph) 1hr30mins??? fair doos im watching loads of downloaded youtube clips and mp3's but still thats SHOCKING battery life! lol

any ideas how to maximise the battery with 2.1? are there any processes i need to keep killing?

also, GPS, initially flakey, but GPS worked fine after a re-boot. google nav works ok, but issue with co-pilot still so be warned for now.

fingers crossed there hasnt been another HTC sense process outage, so seems to be fine.

@ Smilgs: dont use the google mail app, I just use the HTC Mail app and have the gmail account added in as a pop3, prefer the interface. HTC Mail app is pretty stable so far, no new on that front.

any of you guys aware of a good cpu monitor?

Laters,

Eddie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest enemywithin

This one is working great for me. Any chance there will be a similar rooted repack based on the European ROM?

Or maybe an update zip with European locales???

• 4 months later...