04/Jun - Official HTC 2.1 (3.31.751.1 Chungwa Taiwan) multiple repacks + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DavieGee
Hi Paul,

I flashed the released radio from this HTC official version earlier, and my network was locked, so I had to revert back to the previous. Is this radio on your release, suitable for UK GSM use? I am on the Orange network.

Cheers, Carl.

Just A Quick Heads Up On Orange UK And The New Radio

If You Have Unlocked Your Orange Branded Hero (Like I Have) The Radio Appears To Works Perfectly For You

However For Some Reason Those Of You Who Have A Locked Hero On Orange UK It Seems To Lock Up And You Cant Use These Roms.. However Paul Has Kindly Uploaded A Non-Radio Rom Aswell (Kudos To You)

I'm Sure Many Of You Know This But I Thought Id Post For Those Who Don't As Its Sure To Help Them Choose Which Rom They Can Use

Oh And Paul, Thanks So Much For Uploading And Really Making An Effort With This

DavieGee

Guest jonathanmusto
i hope you finish uploading soon :( cause its 15:19 now here in germany and i get picked up at 16:30 and i want official 2.1 until that time :( :o

Glad to see you're already one the case with this Paul. Certainly justifies being a paying member and i'll definatley be renewing next year! Looking forward to MCR4.0!

Guest buttonsandzips
Just A Quick Heads Up On Orange UK And The New Radio

If You Have Unlocked Your Orange Branded Hero (Like I Have) The Radio Appears To Works Perfectly For You

However For Some Reason Those Of You Who Have A Locked Hero On Orange UK It Seems To Lock Up And You Cant Use These Roms.. However Paul Has Kindly Uploaded A Non-Radio Rom Aswell (Kudos To You)

I'm Sure Many Of You Know This But I Thought Id Post For Those Who Don't As Its Sure To Help Them Choose Which Rom They Can Use

Oh And Paul, Thanks So Much For Uploading And Really Making An Effort With This

DavieGee

This isn't always the case, I have a locked Orange handset and the new radio does work with some roms but not others. Once paul has finished the recopmmended version I will try it and report back. You can always just reflash your old radio if you run into problems.

Guest oscheng

It is nice to be returning to the Modaco fold. Modaco 3.2 was my first custom ROM only a couple of months ago but I was seduced away to try Villainrom for the 2.1 action.

Downloading now!

Guest DavieGee
This isn't always the case, I have a locked Orange handset and the new radio does work with some roms but not others. Once paul has finished the recopmmended version I will try it and report back. You can always just reflash your old radio if you run into problems.

Yeah Ive Noticed This, But Was Wondering If Anyone Knew (Because In Your Case Theres Only A Few Locked Hero's Working) If There Are 2 Models Of Orange Branded HTC Hero's

But Who Knows.. :]

The Reason I Added That Before Was Because Of The Small Amount Of People Getting This To Work On Locked Orange Headsets, But Thanks for posting that as well

Guest RoskaL

what about jit? is that on the 2.1 or is that something from 2.2? all i know is it means just intime and makes things fly lol

Guest nullie

Hey, Paul, you're great! Good and fast job, only thing remaining for me is adding yo support in smart dialer, but I can work it out myself. Thanks!

Guest buttonsandzips
Yeah Ive Noticed This, But Was Wondering If Anyone Knew (Because In Your Case Theres Only A Few Locked Hero's Working) If There Are 2 Models Of Orange Branded HTC Hero's

But Who Knows.. :]

The Reason I Added That Before Was Because Of The Small Amount Of People Getting This To Work On Locked Orange Headsets, But Thanks for posting that as well

Just to confirm I have Orange hero STILL LOCKED.

Installed Paul's repack first

Then installed the new radio

tested and working fine. I did have to configure the data APN manually though.

Guest buttonsandzips
Just to confirm I have Orange hero STILL LOCKED.

Installed Paul's repack first

Then installed the new radio

tested and working fine. I did have to configure the data APN manually though.

Might have made a mistake in my APN settings as web and market is not working. Email and contacts sync'd though so connection is up...

Guest kd0t

are there any issues with this rom (force of habit) and anyone thats come from a earlier custom rom how does it compare.

Still need to do my titanium backup then nandroid before i can try this.

Guest Markoc84

Please can you advise the Orange APN settings and how you can update them as I have a locked Orange UK phone and need it to work for e-mail and phone.

Thanks

Guest buttonsandzips
Please can you advise the Orange APN settings and how you can update them as I have a locked Orange UK phone and need it to work for e-mail and phone.

Thanks

Orange internet Settings

Name: orange

APN: orangeinternet

Proxy: 192.168.071.035

Port: 9201

Username: <not set>

Password: <not set>

Server: orangeinternet

MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk

MMS Proxy: 192.168.224.10

MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 33

APN type: <not set>

I used these but still no luck with market. In fact I can't even get the market to work over wifi, I am at work though so could be related to that. Web does work over corportate wi-fi

Guest markya23
Cool, I just downloaded and installed.

But I found adb does not work when connected to my pc. What should I do?

Yeah - I get similar. ADB does actually work, but the adb shell doesn't seem to support the reboot command (so I can't get into the bootloader) :s

Guest buttonsandzips
Orange internet Settings

Name: orange

APN: orangeinternet

Proxy: 192.168.071.035

Port: 9201

Username: <not set>

Password: <not set>

Server: orangeinternet

MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk

MMS Proxy: 192.168.224.10

MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 33

APN type: <not set>

I used these but still no luck with market. In fact I can't even get the market to work over wifi, I am at work though so could be related to that. Web does work over corportate wi-fi

Taking out all the proxy settings seems to get this working!