Tech help needed with wifi

Guest jbarrick

Guest jbarrick

I have tried everything to get my wifi to work. I go from access point available to connecting back to available. I have flashed who know what trying to get it to work.

Currently I am on B7610NXXIK5 with a CSC of B7610NATOIK5, with Deskolog 23568 megalite rom. Everything works correctly with the keyboard and all, except for wifi and a few other little minor things.

If someone with good knowledge wants to help me get these things fixed I would be happy to donate in compensation for your personal time. (donation would be reasonable amount of course, no $100 an hour payoffs :(

Guest barki82
I have tried everything to get my wifi to work. I go from access point available to connecting back to available. I have flashed who know what trying to get it to work.

Currently I am on B7610NXXIK5 with a CSC of B7610NATOIK5, with Deskolog 23568 megalite rom. Everything works correctly with the keyboard and all, except for wifi and a few other little minor things.

If someone with good knowledge wants to help me get these things fixed I would be happy to donate in compensation for your personal time. (donation would be reasonable amount of course, no $100 an hour payoffs :(

You are not able to connect just to your private access point or to all wifi networks? Because I have problem with the signal strength of my router. My Omnia disconnects even when I'm 3 metres from the router. And when I visit my friend I have stable network connection in the next room in his house. So I ordered new 8dbi antenna (I don't know what is the original one, cannot find this info anywhere, but I've read on many forums that the IT makers put just 2 or 3 dbi antennas by default) so when it will arrive I will report.

Guest jbarrick
You are not able to connect just to your private access point or to all wifi networks? Because I have problem with the signal strength of my router. My Omnia disconnects even when I'm 3 metres from the router. And when I visit my friend I have stable network connection in the next room in his house. So I ordered new 8dbi antenna (I don't know what is the original one, cannot find this info anywhere, but I've read on many forums that the IT makers put just 2 or 3 dbi antennas by default) so when it will arrive I will report.

I have tried both my home belkin router unprotected router, a nearby WEP protected router, and a few public access points (McDonalds and the library) but to no avail.

Guest ErnstJanF
I have tried both my home belkin router unprotected router, a nearby WEP protected router, and a few public access points (McDonalds and the library) but to no avail.

Checked your MAC-Address? (Could be you flashed to all zero's :()

Next, check your IP-settings! (These could be set to static)

If everything is normal, I'm not your man :(

Guest jbarrick
Checked your MAC-Address? (Could be you flashed to all zero's :()

Next, check your IP-settings! (These could be set to static)

If everything is normal, I'm not your man :(

Here are a few more details.

1)browser connections is set to automactically detect.

2)Samsung T30 wifi adapter is set to connect to the internet.

3)mac address is 09af52cbd415

4)ip is set to be automactically assigned

5) I can use both IE and opera if I teather the phone to the laptop but as soon as I disconnect they dont work.