Google Services being banned, any solutions?

Guest b1ck132

Guest todbld
As you can read in detail @ http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1826019 most services of Google is being banned, while they have the aim @ Youtube.

But this totally made my Nexus One meaningless, since my Gmail app can't sync itself with the servers,and I can't reach Market.

What could be a possible solution for this? Thank you =)

umm move :(

Guest b1ck132

It used to. GoogleDNS and OpenDNS have been a lifesaver for quite sometime for the Youtube ban.

But it appears that, they actually failed heavily, while they were trying to ban Youtube totally, trying to make the DNS way not work.

They actually succeeded, since using DNS, we can't reach Youtube anymore, but well, can't reach google services as well. It's pretty awful, not being able to sync my Contacts/Calendar/Mail with Google servers, + not being able to reach market.

I'm not even telling, how much of a disaster it is, not being able to reach docs.google.com, maps.google.com, and else =I.

Guest KATEHOK
As you can read in detail @ http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1826019 most services of Google is being banned, while they have the aim @ Youtube.

But this totally made my Nexus One meaningless, since my Gmail app can't sync itself with the servers,and I can't reach Market.

Turkey voted Erdogan, it will soon become Iran. No access to google apps will be the least of your worries.

Guest nieldk

Are you rooted ?

I suggest trying to add a couple of entries to /etc/hosts specifying the DNS names and IP adresses of the google sites:

Would look like this

www.google.com 66.102.13.104

google.com 66.102.13.103

I am not sure about name/IP for the market access, perhaps someone here knows those.

Anyway, to test, you can try this and see if you will be able to access www.google.com. Or the entire IP range is actually blocked somehow,

EDIT: There is a possibility that android market URL is

android.clients.google.com

So, try to edit /etc/hosts to look like this:

localhost 127.0.0.1

android.clients.google.com 66.102.13.101

www.google.com 66.102.13.104

google.com 66.102.13.103

Edited by nieldk

Guest tasomaniac

The COMODO DNS Server is working for me. I can receive emails and sync. I can see the apps on the market. I can see the updates. But unfortunately, I cannot install any of them nor update.

Its a partial fix after all.

Guest tasomaniac

The hosts file thing is working but it only shows the apps and updates. I cannot download nor update anything. W what can I put to the hosts file to also download them.

Guest TheNano

:) wtf is wrong with those governments, well for 7 $ /month you can all buy yourself freedom go here it is trusted (I trust them any ways) https://www.ipredator.se/ there most be more good pp2p vpns you could use

Edited by TheNano

Guest serotizm

VPN solves the problem. I subscribed secure-tunnel.com for $5.99/mo.

I can receive Gmail push mails, search and install applications from market.

Only problem: this solution does not work when I'm connected with wireless. Works only with 3G/Edge