First Froyo alpha release.

Guest phhusson

Guest simoneser

It's for the developer, not for you!!

PHH has to work on this to port it from Nexus One to our Liquid!!

Edited by simoneser

Guest akira.pwr
It's for the developer, not for you!!

PHH has to work on this to port it from Nexus One to our Liquid!!

Lol, ok! :) :)

Guest phhusson
1. The cpu is downclocked, probably because acer is buying "faulty" 1 ghz cpu's that works perfectly at 768 Mhz. However, 1 Ghz or 768 Mhz shouldn't make any big difference since number 2 below needs to be fullfilled anyway. (I say "faulty" since qualcomm doesn't officially sell any snapdragon chips below 1 Ghz, it's of course a deal between qualcomm and acer that supplies them with those 768 Mhz cpus)

Don't worry, even at 1Ghz, the CPU is totally incapable of encoding video at this resolution and rate.

And qualcomm officially sell 768MHz chips. It's even supported in (some?) of their sources.

Also, IIRC, the 1GHz chip is also a ""faulty"" one, since they'll ship 1.3GHz chips too.

2. Encoding. Without any knowledge of the chip it's hard to tell but I don't think the chip is encoding the video into any suitable format. The captured video is probably in raw format and needs to be encoded before storing on memory card. (For just displaying raw format is ok, but thats pretty useless :) ). So can the snapdragon chip encode video at the rates? It needs a dedicated piece on the chip, the cpu will not be enough for 720p in 30 fps.

It depends on what you call "dedicated". Sure the CPU can't do that, but the qualcomm thingy sure can (it's the quite same as the N1)

3. Storing. All published tests shows that our liquids internal memory card is a weak spot with limited speeds. How the speeds on the external card/reader is I don't know.

It's the same for all internal memory cards I've ever benchmarked. Anyway, MMCs are damn fast, and you don't want to store videos on the maximum 144MB available internal memory

Does anyone know what voltage acer run the scorpion application cpu at?

It's written in the source code:1.25V

TO PHH:

DEODEXED FRF50:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=698295

EDIT- There seems to be some errors: files in framework are too small, like services.jar (only 1kb), but system\app are ok :)

I don't plan on modding Froyo yet, the only use would be to get LEDs working, and I'm not sure I want to play with that mess.

Guest akira.pwr

@PHH you mean you don't work for fix bugs on your rom for liquid?

If so, i'll change rom, i'm waiting for some fixes for keep froyo as daily use.

Guest bais

akira you misunderstood his post.

He means he won't THEME nor add custom apps to his Froyo ROM. He will fix the bugs of course, or at least try to.

Guest akira.pwr
akira you misunderstood his post.

He means he won't THEME nor add custom apps to his Froyo ROM. He will fix the bugs of course, or at least try to.

Oh, sorry, i was worried, i like very much this rom, i can't imagine how will be good after fixes, thanks to phh and who gave help to him.

Guest D.Rosendahl
Don't worry, even at 1Ghz, the CPU is totally incapable of encoding video at this resolution and rate.

It was that I was trying to say, it's the video encoder in the qualcomm chip that's matter.

I think we are agreeing on most parts, however I'm not that sure the qualcomm chip can handle encoding 720p in 30 fps. But please prove me wrong :)!

N1 obvious handles 720p, but they seems to have problem getting to 30 fps.

Snapdragon is a good chip but especially the gpu part seems a little weak compared to the new competition. (Samsung hummingbird and Apple A4 for example, however a little unfair since they are both newer chips than snapdragon)

And qualcomm officially sell 768MHz chips.

Ok, didn't know that. They didn't officially sell 768MHz chips in the beginning, I remember a lot of confusion about the liquid specs before launch just because of that. On the other hand, they where no products at all with snapdragon selling at that time so it's propably not that strange.

I also use this post to excuse me about the touchscreen. You are absolutely right, it's hard to do anything more about it without better hardware control. I had no idea about the 50-100 pixel limit when two fingers are close to each other in one axis. I just can't believe they have made a screen that bad, it must be some sort of "we want to sell better products so lets not support two fingers good" thing. (It always a electrical problem on "basic" capacitive screens when fingers are close to each other in an axis but this is ridiculous distances...)

Guest akira.pwr

I'd like to know if there is something near for us froyo users, a new release or a patch for solve some issues, i haven't heard anything about.

Thanks.

Edited by akira.pwr

I'd like to know if there is something near for us froyo users, a new release or a patch for solve some issues, i haven't heard anything about.

Thanks.

got to be patient, people are doing the best they can.

Guest Quipeace
got to be patient, people are doing the best they can.

People love status updates, and you have to agree that froyo is a great improvement over Eclair.

It's not like we've got a choice to be patient, we have to, but a "working on it, but making progress" message is always nice. (and keeps people interested as well).

Guest phhusson
Any chance to make your GEM working properly under eclair? :)

Eclair what ?

Acer's eclair android build, normal eclair android build, or acer eclair radio ?

How come this uses donut as the base rom and not eclair?

Give me the kernel sources used for eclair version.

I'm sorry to have a lot of work, and even more sorry that I'll have even more work to do next month.

Guest dr3amz

has someone got a walk through for this? i'm completely new to modding my phone but I want flash on it! :)

I'm on Acer_LiquidE_1.100.05_EMEA_GEN1 rom at the moment after flashing, help appreciated as I really want to help test this baby out! :)

Guest Dona'
has someone got a walk through for this? i'm completely new to modding my phone but I want flash on it! :)

I'm on Acer_LiquidE_1.100.05_EMEA_GEN1 rom at the moment after flashing, help appreciated as I really want to help test this baby out! :)

Hi !

You just have to install the malez recovery and to flash it like any other .zip.

If you don't know how to install a recovery you should take a look at this : http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ry-image-0-5-3/

Guest Piter1225

1. install malez recovery

2. download the .zip and put it to the /sdcard

3. go into recovery (via QuickBoot from market or buttons combination)

4. select "flash zip from sd"

5. when its finished choose "reboot device"

Guest xian1243

I'm working on porting kernel version 2.6.34... I only just stared though, time time time... Phh is busy... and so am I...

@phh Awesome job!

Guest dr3amz

annnnnnnnnnnd you lost me lol

i flashed the 2.1 community rom using the acer flash tool, nothing else?

just managed to get the acer update tool to update to their official release of 2.000.16

Edited by dr3amz