First Froyo alpha release.

Guest phhusson

Guest fastreward

testing it right now, very good work. Could be used to a every day use.

Browser is soooo fast (though I have some lil' bugs when trying to open some flash animations/streaming vids)

The phone part is amazing : no more laggs when browsing contacts, oppening sms etc...

I tested some used-to-be laggy games too (like Asphalt 5) and they run very fast.

All Froyo features with little bugs, but for an Alpha release it's just an incredible work.

Thank you guys and vive la france :(

ps : I'll post every bug you've not mentionned here on Gg codes.

Guest simoneser

Uhm...for me Asphalt 5 Force Closes...what version are you using?

EDIT-Maybe i did it wrong because i've restored my apps with Titanium Backup...

Edited by simoneser

Guest phhusson
Is proximity sensor working? because for me it isn't :(

It works, but values are so wrong that minimal reported distance is 7meter :(

Edited by phhusson

Guest simoneser

For me it didn't work at all in Phone App, both with approaching fingers and my ear...

Edited by simoneser

Guest phhusson
omg, flash rulez!!! finally i can stream kiis fm in my phone, and check my webpage :(

about the OC kernel, is it flashed like the superboot.img??

Yup.

Guest Quipeace

I suppose the boot image you posted is an overclock to 1GHz? Most liquids seem to run stable at 920MHz, so perhaps that's worth a try?

EDIT: phhroyo sounds fine, although my favorite is FroyoForLiquid: FFL :(

EDIT: Heres a howto on signing update.zips:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=520321

That link was down:

http://www.robmcghee.com/android/creating-...te-zip-package/

Edited by Quipeace

Guest sycc172

Very well .but Black and white lines appear often . I think i will waiting for the next release. THanks our dev team

sorry my bad english :(

Guest Seth Cold

hehe just saw "the alien""

just flashed the OC kernel.... will test a while... 1ghz worked before in my liquid, no reason to think it wont now :(

Guest Seth Cold

this might seem weird, but the phone seems snappier if i limit the speed to 768mhz

if i go all the way to 998hz using setcpu it lags in the ui, anyone can confirm?

Guest jayziac

Thanks for the good work. I will be waiting for wifi before upgrading. I suggest that be the next highest priority. Then maybe camera afterwards.

Guest Quipeace
Thanks for the good work. I will be waiting for wifi before upgrading. I suggest that be the next highest priority. Then maybe camera afterwards.

Agreed with Jayziac, with wifi the rom is pretty usable (yeah I couldn't resist...).

EDIT: Bluetooth earphones work fine, great! Performance is great as well, my app used to calculate 1000k primes in 12000ms, fastest I've got now is approx 4800ms, which ofcourse is an awesome improvement, but it seems to vary -alot-, it's like there are three modes, very fast, somewhat fast and very slow. I keep getting three scores, 250ms, 500ms and 800ms (100k primes), score in Eclair was 650ms... I don't get it, all I do know that I keep getting three different numbers in a random order...

Edited by Quipeace

Guest G_Technik

WOW!

It allows to rotate screen on right side! I've been waiting for it since I bought Liquid.

I like to keep phone in left hand when I'm reading!!!

Give me WiFi and will stay on Phhroyo forever(for 2.3 release :))!!!

Guest HustlinDaily

Already decided on buying a Nexus Two when Gingerbread comes out.

Now I am going to wait to see which phone will be the next phone phh/malez/vache (hopefully the same phone) and purchase that one!

Guest Pretoriano80

Hi,

thank you for this first release...for being an alpha is working nice and is pretty stable.Beside the known bugs and not working features i have also noticed that notification LEDs are not working and Touch pannel sensitivity option are also missing.

BTW i've noticed that those black lines are showing mostly on the notification bar,icons and buttons and somehow seems related to animation effects.

Also i've tested Linpack and Neocore (Neocore = 26,07 FPS and Linpack = 31,842) so based on the Neocore results Froyo doesn't improve gaming experience.

Memory usage is higher than Eclaire and most of the time is somewhere around 40-50mb of free RAM even if the task manager shows only 2 or 3 processes running.

Anyway,like you said this is just an alpha so not really a rom for every day use so thx again and keep up the good work :)

Guest rafyvitto
Hi,

thank you for this first release...for being an alpha is working nice and is pretty stable.Beside the known bugs and not working features i have also noticed that notification LEDs are not working and Touch pannel sensitivity option are also missing.

BTW i've noticed that those black lines are showing mostly on the notification bar,icons and buttons and somehow seems related to animation effects.

Also i've tested Linpack and Neocore (Neocore = 26,07 FPS and Linpack = 31,842) so based on the Neocore results Froyo doesn't improve gaming experience.

Memory usage is higher than Eclaire and most of the time is somewhere around 40-50mb of free RAM even if the task manager shows only 2 or 3 processes running.

Anyway,like you said this is just an alpha so not really a rom for every day use so thx again and keep up the good work :)

Who said froyo improves graphics performance? The JIT withing froyo improves performance for apps thats about it.

Guest bais

Well I think RAM amount showed isn't that important:

In Donut it had maximum 50 MB of RAM after killing tasks and was darn smooth even with 20.

In Eclair you can have up to 110 MB of free RAM but under 50 it starts to lag.

Well the point in this is I think that this has nothing to do with optimization, phh uses 1.6 kernel so amount of RAM showed will be like 1.6.

And anyway I tried this, and it felt faster than 2.1 really and Launcher2 is darn smooth now, even with Live Wallpapers. DIdn't try multitask though.

Great work phh, vache and malez! And like some other people I will be glad to use this daily when it'll have wifi, cause don't have Internet Data.

Guest fightspv

well back to 1.100.05 :)

I've flashed and try to call someone who don't ear me :/

I've tried to call myself on a phone and it appear i don't ear me on the second phone but ear me twice on the liquid :/

Also contact don't appear after the first start, need a reboot to get them.

Seems black lines appears on notification bar and every animated buttons :)

Will give it another try maybe tomorrow or for a second version :)

Guest miseryshining
well back to 1.100.05 :)

I've flashed and try to call someone who don't ear me :/

I've tried to call myself on a phone and it appear i don't ear me on the second phone but ear me twice on the liquid :/

Also contact don't appear after the first start, need a reboot to get them.

Seems black lines appears on notification bar and every animated buttons :)

Will give it another try maybe tomorrow or for a second version :)

file some bug reports?

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-froyo/issues/list

Guest phhusson
this might seem weird, but the phone seems snappier if i limit the speed to 768mhz

if i go all the way to 998hz using setcpu it lags in the ui, anyone can confirm?

Huml yes, my overclocking changes seems bad..

Our board doesn't support 1.3V VDD, and that's what is in sources, so it fallbacks or whatever even worse ...

I'll take a look at it tomorrow.