Facebook Contact Sync 2.1

Guest stealthstealer

Guest stealthstealer

I can't seem to get the Facebook app to sync with my contacts. I know that 2.1 is supposed to have this functionality, but whenever I go Accounts and Sync>Add Account>Facebook, I am just returned to the Sync Accounts screen. I would like to know if their is a solution as this was one of the killer features of 2.1 for me.

Any solutions would be welcome.

Also, I have tried other Fb sync apps off the market (SyncMyPix being thr best) but I really want the native sync to work like it does on other Android devices.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Guest Richard_Arkless
I can't seem to get the Facebook app to sync with my contacts. I know that 2.1 is supposed to have this functionality, but whenever I go Accounts and Sync>Add Account>Facebook, I am just returned to the Sync Accounts screen. I would like to know if their is a solution as this was one of the killer features of 2.1 for me.

Also, I have tried other Fb sync apps off the market (SyncMyPix being thr best) but I really want the native sync to work like it does on other Android devices.

From what I have heard its restricted itself to certain phones or build.prop and is looking for something in that file to allow that feature so I guess you have to edit the file, I dont really care about this feature but it would be cool to have

Guest feelmychi

Try using the search function -__- I made a thread like this already, in which the question was very clearly answered -__-

feelmychi

Guest stealthstealer

I was aware of your post, but I was also aware it was for the beta 2.1 rom. An old facebook apk doesn't allow me to log in on the Hungarian rom, that's why I've asked if anyone has a solution on the 2.1 hu rom. Sorry for cluttering the forum, just thought this was the best way. My mistake

Guest feelmychi
I was aware of your post, but I was also aware it was for the beta 2.1 rom. An old facebook apk doesn't allow me to log in on the Hungarian rom, that's why I've asked if anyone has a solution on the 2.1 hu rom. Sorry for cluttering the forum, just thought this was the best way. My mistake

Don't worry about it... The problem remains the same for both roms though; neither have been validated by Google, so neither can use the facebook account syncing thing without altering build.prop to make your device seem like another one...

feelmychi

Guest gusthy
Don't worry about it... The problem remains the same for both roms though; neither have been validated by Google, so neither can use the facebook account syncing thing without altering build.prop to make your device seem like another one...

feelmychi

The G1 Eclair ROM mentioned in thisforum previously contains a Facebook.apk that is able to synchronize. I use it too, works well.

Edited by gusthy

• 1 year later...
Guest Stephen J. Knill

Try using the search function -__- I made a thread like this already, in which the question was very clearly answered -__-

feelmychi

mm, yer... care and share... search function ain't that crash hot champ lol

Edited by Stephen J. Knill