How to make my Hero become "Virgin" again

Guest Dung Le

Guest Dung Le

Hi,

My Hero now using VillainROM6.2.0 based on Android 2.1 and it quite slow, unstable. I decide to restore original ROM and unable to archive that.

Here is my Software Information on the phone:

- Firmware version: VillainROM6.2.0

- Baseband version: 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18

- Kernel version:

2.6.23_grrr@ben

kendon@nx #39

- Build number: VillainROM6.2.0

- Software number: 1.13.531.1

- Browser version: WebKit 3.1

When I tried to restore the original ROM and the start up screen stay on "HERO" forever.

The question is: How can I restore the original ROM (rooted or un-rooted is OK)? So I can start it over again :)

Many thanks

Guest jbrizz

Grab one of the rooted (or otherwise) stock ROMs from here and put it in the root of your memory card, boot into your recovery ROM (via home + power) and flash it.

If you'd tried that and it didn't work, did you try wiping it after? And how long did you wait? The first boot always takes substantially longer than subsequent ones.

Edit: My Hero has gotten stuck on the Hero part of the boot process before, I pulled the battery and waited a few minutes, seemed to resolve it.

Edited by jbrizz

Hi,

My Hero now using VillainROM6.2.0 based on Android 2.1 and it quite slow, unstable. I decide to restore original ROM and unable to archive that.

The question is: How can I restore the original ROM (rooted or un-rooted is OK)? So I can start it over again :)

Many thanks

Probably the easiest way to turn your phone back to the provider's ROM is to use their RUU. This will wipe the phone and all its settings and revert back to the virgin phone in every aspect.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blixsDot
Probably the easiest way to turn your phone back to the provider's ROM is to use their RUU. This will wipe the phone and all its settings and revert back to the virgin phone in every aspect.

Have someone have problem with the RUU that when it start installing stop and give you a message that its like : unable to connect to the phone, usb error. ?

I have tried with 3 different RUU now, and in 2 different computer. Tried from the MDC 2.9, 3.1,3.2 and the all the stock from here.

I don't know if I should contact HTC and tell them that my modified and rooted phone don't allow to connect when updating.

Guest PJBonoVox
Have someone have problem with the RUU that when it start installing stop and give you a message that its like : unable to connect to the phone, usb error. ?

I have tried with 3 different RUU now, and in 2 different computer. Tried from the MDC 2.9, 3.1,3.2 and the all the stock from here.

I don't know if I should contact HTC and tell them that my modified and rooted phone don't allow to connect when updating.

Did you install HTC Sync first? If not, that's probably why it doesn't work.

Guest blixsDot
Did you install HTC Sync first? If not, that's probably why it doesn't work.

Of course I have it. And reinstalled it yesterday. I can see that before I start the RUU the sync icon on the status bar is in green, but after I start the RUU, it become grey again.

Guest gegegwt

can i install ruu without hooking it up to USB? as my hero is not able to connect anymore ;)

i need to virginize my hero to send to support

Guest 42turkeys
can i install ruu without hooking it up to USB? as my hero is not able to connect anymore :(

i need to virginize my hero to send to support

Sure! Download OpenRUU from the thread and unzip it. Then rename it to HEROIMG.zip and place it on the root of your SD card. Boot into hboot (hold power + volume down when turning on) And it should flash. ;)

Guest Johnny Washngo
that worked like a charm mate, thanks alot :lol:

now for the agonizing wait to get it it back :D

I am having a somewhat similar issue with a Hero on VillainROM 10. I really need to get this back to the original firmware but have no idea how to go about doing so.

Any advice would be appreciated. I have no Windows machines, only Linux so any help needs to be *nix friendly :D

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest MrTiger
Sure! Download OpenRUU from the thread and unzip it. Then rename it to HEROIMG.zip and place it on the root of your SD card. Boot into hboot (hold power + volume down when turning on) And it should flash. :)

Hi, i have the same problem, but my trackball, menu, and the button too

left dosent work. Will it still work!

Guest MrTiger
Sure! Download OpenRUU from the thread and unzip it. Then rename it to HEROIMG.zip and place it on the root of your SD card. Boot into hboot (hold power + volume down when turning on) And it should flash. :)

It dosent work for me, First it say loadind herodiag and after that it say that it cant find the image. this is in HBOOT

PLZ help me, what do i do wrong.

Edited by MrTiger