benchmark on desire

Guest kav

I ran the benchmark app linpack on my desire and when i compare it to other devices in teh list,, the value i get for the Mflops/s is very small as compared to what the app shows on it comparison list.

I am getting values of between 6.69 to 7.5 on the mflops/s. can anyone using stock desire rom run this app and please post here what results they get.

i am a bit concerned about the values i am getting.

i own an omnia i900 as well and i was running some comparison regarding the web browsing on both new desire i received and the omnia.

the desire is running the stock web browser while i installed opera mini 5 beta on the omnia. both are running on wireless (DSL 25Mbps). suprisingly the omnia is really not far from the desire, an in some cases even beat it by almost a second on loading the same pages

i am wondering if the desire is running on the stock rom as full potential or is there something? it does hang sometimes like for a couple of seconds but then works as it should. should i be concerned about this or is it normal?

it came with the update of 1.21.405... already out of the box when i got it. i do not have the intention to root it or get custom roms on it for the moment as i intend to keep the warranty advantage that it have here with the shop i bought it from.

Guest laouer
Unbranded HTC Desire 1.21.405.2 CL174215

I think your results are pretty much right.

Hy all,

I've done this bench on defrost 0.6 (froyo android version) and it goes to 37.5 Mflops, Sorry but I've haven't done screen capture.

because of lack of many functions on this earlier froyo version, I returned de Depays with also around 7Mflops for the bench.

Edited by laouer

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII

Best I've got on Pays-Rom Desire 2.0 (BraveSoul) is 8.124 with linpack, which I was quite happy with that. Can't wait for a decent stable Froyo release, should have some awesome speeds.

[Edit] LOL just got 8.165 when doing it for screen shot.

post-647312-1275945899_thumb.png

Edited by IIIIkoolaidIIII

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII
Hy all,

I've done this bench on defrost 0.6 (froyo android version) and it goes to 37.5 Mflops, Sorry but I've haven't done screen capture.

because of lack of many functions on this earlier froyo version, I returned de Depays with also around 7Mflops for the bench.

Try an app called PicMe in the market, takes a screenshot from your web browser once running or ShootMe which takes the shot on your device when you shake it.

Edited by IIIIkoolaidIIII

Guest Calamity James
Try an app called PicMe in the market, takes a screenshot from your web browser once running or ShootMe which takes the shot on your device when you shake it.

Or just install the Android SDK on your PC, turn on USB Debugging and load ddms from the tools folder. Screenshots with no root needed :)

thank you all for posting your results here.

seems like my htc desire is functioning normally as it should then. i've seen on the website of linpack that desire or nexus one running android 2.2 is giving results of above 38Mflops/s. this would be interesting to get this update.

can hardly wait :)

Guest Need_A_Username
thank you all for posting your results here.

seems like my htc desire is functioning normally as it should then. i've seen on the website of linpack that desire or nexus one running android 2.2 is giving results of above 38Mflops/s. this would be interesting to get this update.

can hardly wait :)

Froyo really does increase performance :)

I've gotten until 45.111 with the DeFrost rom :)

post-642548-1276015006_thumb.png

Froyo really does increase performance :)

I've gotten until 45.111 with the DeFrost rom :)

post-642548-1276015006_thumb.png

how are u getting a value of cpu running at 1267.2mhz? the qualcomm processor is an arm v7 cortex model clocked at something like 998.mhz.( got this from an app on android market called hardware info)

is froyo overclocking the cpu?

it is in the required specs for froyo to have a minimum arm v7 model cpu, does it mean that this cpu can be overclocked? how is the battery life with the cpu running overclocked, (if it is being overclocked at all?!)

Edited by kav

Guest Need_A_Username
how are u getting a value of cpu running at 1272mhz? the qualcomm processor is an arm v7 cortex model clocked at 998.mhz.

is froyo overclocking the cpu?

it is in the required specs for froyo to have a minimum arm v7 model cpu, does it mean that this cpu can be overclocked? how is the battery life with the cpu running overclocked, (if it is being overclocked at all?!)

Yes it is overclocked :) It is achieved by just adding setcpu.txt to the sd card with the right values in it (you can find it on the first page of the defrost topic on xda here)

And I guess of course the kernel is overclocked or something like that :).

I have set it to 1267 max and 768 min "ondemand" and battery life is nice. The core is also underclocked (standard in the defrost 0.7 ROM )

I don't really use it intesively as I don't have a 3G sim yet, but I've sent some text messages, I've checked twitter and my mails when I had wifi and I have listenend to some music from 7-16 and when I came home battery was somewhere in the 70% I think :)

Guest zaphod0

Here is what you can expect from a Desire running at regular clock speed on Froyo. Might persuade you to give 2.2 a go! :) I was getting between 6 and 7 MFLOPS on 2.1. Nice job on the OCing Need_A_Username, tempted but to scared to try it on a phone :)

post-689143-1276035665_thumb.png

Guest Need_A_Username
Here is what you can expect from a Desire running at regular clock speed on Froyo. Might persuade you to give 2.2 a go! :) I was getting between 6 and 7 MFLOPS on 2.1. Nice job on the OCing Need_A_Username, tempted but to scared to try it on a phone :)

Yeah I was doubting too at the beginning, but I even did this with the undervolted kernal, so temps never go over 35 degrees, and they mostly just are 30-32 so I don't think there's a risk at overclocking it like that :)

• 2 months later...
Guest firsthippy
Here is what you can expect from a Desire running at regular clock speed on Froyo. Might persuade you to give 2.2 a go! ;) I was getting between 6 and 7 MFLOPS on 2.1. Nice job on the OCing Need_A_Username, tempted but to scared to try it on a phone :huh:

The highest I've got from mine is 34. Did you do anything special to get to 38 on the stock ROM?

• 2 weeks later...