19/Aug - Streak 1.6 downloads / how-tos (ROM / Superboot / Recovery)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest samdog

hi i am a total nov about dell streak ..but i some how managed to screw up with the software ...so am just requesting any 1 who can help me plz .i downloaded 3883-update-streak-stock-rooted-signed.zip but i don know wat to do with use 'fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.img' :D

Guest mzsigler

Recovery only works once for me.

I flash recovery in fastboot, pull battery, boot into recovery, select install update.pkg, and it boots to clockworkmod.

After that, doing so just gets me the stock dell recovery, which prompts me to put an update.pkg on the card.

US Streak, "Unlocked", running the 2.1 Euro leaked rom.

Any ideas?

Reflashing recovery in fastboot gets me back to clockworkmod recovery, so it's not the end of the world, but it's gonna suck if I need to restore or update while not near a computer with ADB/Fastboot.

Tried about 50 times to get my Streak into Fastboot mode. Just sits there waiting for usb FastBoot detect....

Im presuming windows pc?

Install the drivers? Either from the android sdk (make sure you choose the usb drivers to download) or install the dell pc sync software which also installs the drivers..

You may need to manually update the drivers in windows..

Before you start fastboot mode disconnect your usb cable.

Start fastboot mode on your streak, wait for about 10seconds.

Plug the usb cable in, if nothing happens try a different usb port on your computer.. changing usb should restart finding driver process. If it doesnt go to control panel (windows) then find device manager depending on your version of windows it could be in a few places,but it will be there..

Open device manager and look for either android phone or unknown, or something else suspiciously like the streak/mini 5..

Right click it and do update drivers. Choose options to select manually, and let me choose your own device.

When it appears there should be an option "have disk" point it at the usb drivers folder

after its done its stuff there should be a list of drivers such as android adb, Android bootloader etc.. choose bootloader, let it load, the disconnect your usb cable and try again..

These steps may not be exact as I'm nowhere near my PC..

also try disabling firewall, as sometimes they can conflict..

Hello,

Begin edit :

my dell streak is européenne version, no simlock, firmware was 6267

: end edit

Process :

- download the archive from the first post

- uncompress the archive fromage

- shutdown your dell

- unplug your dell

- remove the battery (few seconds)

- insert the battery

- press camera button + on button

- choose fastboot mode

- waiting few seconds

- plug your dell on the computer

- launche the recovery

I did excatly this process.

Note: this recovery image doesn't work correctly. You can't save by nandroid. :D

you've completely missed the bit about actually flashing the custom recovery image!

I tried it on my Mac, but it does not do anything

I typed 'chmod +x install-recovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-recovery-mac.sh'

you're definitely working from the correct folder in the shell? do you need to use su or sudo on Mac?

Guest Murfi351
Im presuming windows pc?

Install the drivers? Either from the android sdk (make sure you choose the usb drivers to download) or install the dell pc sync software which also installs the drivers..

You may need to manually update the drivers in windows..

Before you start fastboot mode disconnect your usb cable.

Start fastboot mode on your streak, wait for about 10seconds.

Plug the usb cable in, if nothing happens try a different usb port on your computer.. changing usb should restart finding driver process. If it doesnt go to control panel (windows) then find device manager depending on your version of windows it could be in a few places,but it will be there..

Open device manager and look for either android phone or unknown, or something else suspiciously like the streak/mini 5..

Right click it and do update drivers. Choose options to select manually, and let me choose your own device.

When it appears there should be an option "have disk" point it at the usb drivers folder

after its done its stuff there should be a list of drivers such as android adb, Android bootloader etc.. choose bootloader, let it load, the disconnect your usb cable and try again..

These steps may not be exact as I'm nowhere near my PC..

also try disabling firewall, as sometimes they can conflict..

I am having the same problem. I have installed Dell PC Sync, Android SDK and I cannot get the drivers to install. I have pointed to all the USB drivers folders as well. Any help?

I am having the same problem. I have installed Dell PC Sync, Android SDK and I cannot get the drivers to install. I have pointed to all the USB drivers folders as well. Any help?

what does device manager say is connected?

Guest panamoncreel0
The first one didn't work. :D

The update still doesn't backup / restore firstboot, but it loads! :D

P

so is everyone skipping the backup, cause mine doesn't work also

black screen after choosing option in recovery mode

Edited by panamoncreel0

Guest marcosss

Hey Paul

What are the consequences of removing the K9 folder from the rooted stock image. I have found that the K9 program is the cause of many problems with my streak. It prevent me from sending MMS, it disconnects voice & data connections its an all round pain in the arse. From what I can see it belongs to the Nitro desk touchdown package.

Your thoughts?

Thanks

Marc

Guest Murfi351
what does device manager say is connected?

While connected when the phone is normally powered on it is listed in device manager under Android Phone -> Android Composite ADB Interface. When I boot into Fastboot it is listed under Other Devices -> Android 1.0. I have installed the Android SDK, Dell PC Sync.

Guest llecaroz

Who could upload 6267 recovery & 1.6 6267 rom for 00-EU to go back into factory settings ?

thx in advance

regards

Edited by llecaroz

Guest freed12

ciao ho installato android 2.1 su dell streak francese ,tutto ok ,l'unico problema e che con dell pc suite non lo vede piu ,e non ho la possibilità di sciegliere sul dell le tre opzioni di conessione come sulla 1.6,come mai?

Guest Fone_Fanatic

So this has been asked a couple times in the thread but never answered.

How to you backup the stock recovery image? i know the UK one is available but i want to backup my US one before i start flashing (just as a safety net).

Unless the recovery images are the same, can someone please tell me how to back it up?

Thanks in Advance and keep up the great work guys!

Guest The Fixer
So this has been asked a couple times in the thread but never answered.

How to you backup the stock recovery image? i know the UK one is available but i want to backup my US one before i start flashing (just as a safety net).

Unless the recovery images are the same, can someone please tell me how to back it up?

Thanks in Advance and keep up the great work guys!

I'm waiting for the same info, sorry if it's been posted somewhere already, but I haven't seen it. I want a stock US 1.6 before I do anything. I'd hate be locked out of a 2.2 upgrade because I had UK 2.1 firmware on my phone.

Guest Penguin Of Death

I've been having issues with installing Koush's custom recovery image.

The device is a US release 1.6 direct from Dell. Superboot worked, so I do have root access.

Following instructions for installing Koush's recovery image goes as follows:

• Fastboot completes successfully (
    fastboot flash recovery <recovery-streak>.img
    )
  • Booting into recovery mode shows stock recovery program (holding both volume-up and -down while booting; even on first boot after flashing)
  • After the phone has booted normally, I can pull the installed recovery image off via adb shell (
    cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 > /sdcard/mtd1.img
    )
  • The contents of the recovery image pulled from the phone match the flashed image (extracted using "split_bootimg.pl" or "unpack-bootimg.pl"; I forget which worked)
  • Even though the partition matches the installed image, recovery mode is always the stock mode
After some poking, this seems to be the list of viewable partitions:
/dev/block/mtdblock0	boot			(bootimg)

/dev/block/mtdblock1	recovery		(bootimg)

/dev/block/mtdblock2	recovery_bak	(bootimg)

/dev/block/mtdblock3	LogFilter	   (???)

/dev/block/mtdblock4	oem_log		 (yaffs2)

/dev/block/mtdblock5	splash		  (yaffs2)

/dev/block/mtdblock6	system		  (yaffs2)

/dev/block/mtdblock7	userdata		(yaffs2)

I've also tried to flash the recovery_bak img with the custom recovery, with similar results.

Thoughts? Advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I ordered my new Streak, unlocked, from UK,

I read the official upgrade is not well working,

I remember 1.6 version on Nexus One and I do not like it, so I suppose after some days I will flash 2.1 to have more interest to use the device.

I suppose after starting it for the first time, it will ask to upgrade, have I to refuse it and go to the first post to follow the procedure?

Is there a lastest version for a starting user in this Forum?

thanks and sorry for my short experience with this platform...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iStormUK

Without returning my phone to the antiquated 1.6 firmware, does anyone know how to extract an APK from the 1.6 firmware to port over to the 2.1 Streak firmware, I cannot for the life of me fathom out how to access the internals of the PKG format. I'm hoping to restore the keyboard from 1.6 to 2.1. :lol:

Edited by iStormUK