[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest fredewis
Google Mail works fine. It's one of things I test as I use Google Mail a hell of a lot myself. If you ever experience any weird issues due to upgrading then clearing caches with a program like CacheCleaner and wiping dalvik-cache can often resolve issues. Most of the time email problems are causes by corrupt databases.

However if these don't fix the problem then the good old "Wipe everything then install the rom" still stands.

Hay mate watts the best way to keep luncher in memory and i keep noticin that gmap keep getting fs/wait sad.not to often tho just when browsing

Guest bandita81

First of all: I LOVE the new oot animation :D Very cool :D

Secondly. Smooth, fast, cool FLB ROM.

But I had one problem at first start. I couldn't set up my Google Account at first boot, as the phone kept trying to establish connection to the servers for minutes and returned without result. Tried many things, than somehow i could manage to jump into Wireless settings from Account set up, and after turned in WiFi and joined my home WiFi hotspot all problems solved. After my account set up, i had 3G turned on,and everything works fine. Dont know what was the problem, but tought its better to share here if sbody run into the same problem: its not a really big problem, just search a WiFi (even an open one) and join. THAN u can set up the account for first time. Maybe only i had the problem so far lol Lucky tuesdays...

Back on track. Lovely work, keep it up mate.

P.S.:Clockwork also a really cool thingie

I lost a SMS :D.

But it was not while a heavy-usage of the phone. I left the phone at home because of that it should be in standby. After I returned and called missed calls someone said he have sent me an SMS. This SMS was never received by the pulse. I'm using v1.41 and don't use autokiller. I haven't installed any taskmanager too.

Damn!

Guest demetr1os

After the update to FLB 1.2, My phone has reboots all the time and now with all the ROMS, Even with the official 2.1, I tried to wipe everything a lot of times, I nstalled again the root menu(I have reboots , even thert) And today I saw a message "Update failed", and it is nor in the root menu. I tried all the previous version that i used without any problem, but still nothing...

Do you have any idea about that???

Guest Simon O
Great Rom,very very smooth! But the headphones bug is back... and ideas fibble?

It's back because all attempts at fixing the bug caused bluetooth audio to break. You will need to install something like AutoStarts http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.elsdoerfer...roid.autostarts and disable headset media button for all media players installed on your phone.

Guest SonMauri
It's back because all attempts at fixing the bug caused bluetooth audio to break. You will need to install something like AutoStarts http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.elsdoerfer...roid.autostarts and disable headset media button for all media players installed on your phone.

What is that bug? (I've noticed the music players gone crazy today while listening with headphones, song playing randomly, autoskipping, etc... that's the bug?)

Guest Simon O
What is that bug? (I've noticed the music players gone crazy today while listening with headphones, song playing randomly, autoskipping, etc... that's the bug?)

Yes that's the bug. It's caused by Android thinking that the headphone adapter has buttons to control the media players. Roms like Cyanogenmod have this fix but we can't implement the fix ourselves until we have the ability to compile Android 2.1 for our devices.

Guest titchu

post-697226-1281926626_thumb.png

hi flibblesan, there is abt 54MB internal storage left on my machine after flasing FLB-Mod 1.41. How can you make 66MB, is there any tunning needed?

thx

Guest Fusion0306
How can you make 66MB, is there any tunning needed?

thx

You can always remove unneeded ringtones (sms notifications and ringtones, not the ui ones) - that way you'll gain about 3 or 4 MB

machine

This could be our new cool codename for our pulses :D

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest Daz555
post-697226-1281926626_thumb.png

hi flibblesan, there is abt 54MB internal storage left on my machine after flasing FLB-Mod 1.41. How can you make 66MB, is there any tunning needed?

thx

Move dalvik cache to SD will free up some space.

Guest sparky71a

Thanks for your reply FB. That comment you made about the buttons interested me, so i've given the headphones buttons by plugging in my old Nokia N96 headphone/take call collar clip controls, then my headphones into them.

Of course the buttons won't operate anything, but wadda you know! Problem fixed! Now I can use other audio apps without my darn music player starting up. All very odd, but a strange credit to the O/S that logical thinking can solve a silly bug.

Guest goce.nakov

Seems that I have weird issue once I installed FLB 1.4.1....

My internet when I'm using WiFi doesn't work.

No mater on which network I am connecting (free or protected) I don't have any internet flow.

Anyone have this issue with FLB 1.4.1?

Guest Karbonator

Hi guys,

I have still HU-2.1 on my Pulse because UK and TRE won't work. So, I tried the FLB Mod anyway but it won't install with the same error message several others already posted:

After "Writing BOOT:" it says

"Failure at line 384: write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:"

And the installations stops. (Using Clockwork recovery currently, wiped everything before the translation, even tried with manual formatting)

I don't know what's the problem... as I said, I am using Hungarian 2.1 version, installed with the time machine 1.5 rom, then December update, then official HU 2.1 version and finally the custom ROM with Apps2SD enabled.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

Guest biron_w

Touchpal seems to have stopped working for me. If I press a key it just stays higlighted and then I get a force close message :D I've downloaded the chinese language one from the market so it isn't a problem but I just find it a bit strange.

Guest Simon O

Added two kernel updates to the first page for people who want the original default Android memory management settings. One with the launcher 'keep in ram' tweak and one without any tweaks. They are useful if you want to use an alternative app to manage your tweaks such as AutoKiller or the A2SD built-in tweaks. They are also useful for keeping memory usage down on your phone.

Consider these experimental and for advanced users. If you don't know if you need them then you certainly don't need them!

Added two kernel updates to the first page for people who want the original default Android memory management settings. One with the launcher 'keep in ram' tweak and one without any tweaks. They are useful if you want to use an alternative app to manage your tweaks such as AutoKiller or the A2SD built-in tweaks. They are also useful for keeping memory usage down on your phone.

Consider these experimental and for advanced users. If you don't know if you need them then you certainly don't need them!

We have only the flash them through recovery?

Keep in ram means that the local.prop was modified?

I will give the combination of keep in ram with autokiller a try.

Guest Cliffoshay

Hi, I've just installed v.1.4.1 but unsure if I did the right wipe. Is there an easy way to see if A2SD is working before I start installing everything only to have to start again?

Edited by Cliffoshay

Guest Simon O
We have only the flash them through recovery?

Keep in ram means that the local.prop was modified?

I will give the combination of keep in ram with autokiller a try.

The tweak for keeping launcher in ram can be done either with local.prop or in the kernel .rc file. I added to the .rc file.

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
Added two kernel updates to the first page for people who want the original default Android memory management settings.

:D :D ;) :D :D tyvm