[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest bugthing

Hello,

First off, thanks for doing a top job getting a very usable 2.1 ROM done ... it's working very well on my Pulse, looks nice and feels quick.

I went from the standard TMobile 1.5 ROM .. crap and sluggish

to the vanilla 1.5 custom ROM, which is much better .. except the wireless tethering is not possible :huh:

finally and recently to 2.1 Tmobile -> 2.1 FLB .. again, an excellent, snappy ROM, complete with proper wireless tethering.

My remaining problem with the 2.1 FLB ROM is that I can't seem to use 'adb' and as yet have not managed to use my phone for any debugging (which I guess is the same problem)

I wondered if there is anyone else using the 2.1 (v1.5) FLB ROM and are successfully using 'adb' and can debug any apps they have in development??

(basically is it the ROM that wont allow me to 'adb' .. or something else?)

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

-B

Guest Rumcájsz
I've replaced ADW with Zeam launcher because it's lighter, by replacing the launcher.apk in the system folder (using root explorer). However, when I check, it still shows ADW-launcher running on BackG; how do I fully remove it? I'm currently forced to kill it every time it pops up

my question is same. How do I full remove ADW, and use Zeam for default launcher?

Edited by Rumcájsz

Guest The Revolutionist

Hello all. When I first got my Pulse in July, I installed FLB-Mob 1.1, which I've been very pleased with. I'd like to update to 1.5 to take advantage of all the fine work on the ROM since then.

I'd just like to check how to update it. Here's what I think I should do:

1) Backup phone data to SD card using Titanium Backup

2) Follow steps 7 to 11 in the instructions for "Installing a Custom 2.1 Rom" in the Ultimate Guide thread:

Step 7: Select the Option "USB MS Toggle" and plug your phone into your computer. Download a Custom ROM of your choice and place the ENTIRE ZIP (Do not extract it) onto the root of your SD card.

By "Root" I mean do not place the file in any subfolders

Step 8: Return to the Custom Recover Main menu and select the "Backup/Restore" option. Choose a standard nandroid backup and let it run it's course

Step 9: Return to the Custom Recover Main menu and select the "Wipe" option. Choose the First option (Factory reset) and confirm.

Step 10: Return to the Custom Recover Main menu abd select the "Flash ZIP from SDCard". Select the custom rom you wish to flash, confirm and wait.

Step 11: Select the first option in the Custom Recover Menu to Reboot your device. The first boot may take a while.

3) Reinstall Titanium Backup and restore apps and data.

Is there anything else I need to add to that? I'm using a2sd+, btw - do I need to do something else to wipe the ext2 partition?

Guest karlosoliveira

in the secret menu privided by the code "*#*#2846579#*#* for phone settings diagnostics " only one or two items seems to be working. the others options (project menu, MMITEST_II, QXDM, PDP list and others) in the FLB 1.5 these are taken off?

Guest Simon O
in the secret menu privided by the code "*#*#2846579#*#* for phone settings diagnostics " only one or two items seems to be working. the others options (project menu, MMITEST_II, QXDM, PDP list and others) in the FLB 1.5 these are taken off?

Yes these have been removed to save space.

Guest karlosoliveira
Yes these have been removed to save space.

ok.. its possible to get an add on to make these working? like a zip installer? i work in the cell phone network and it would be nice to get access tho this area

Guest redribo

hello,

i want to install your custom rom but i want to ask you if you have include to your rom app2sd?

if yes i have to do something after installing your rom?

if no what i have to do then?

thanks

Does anyone else have a problem with the phone always having to reload the entire homescreen (currently using ADW as the launcher)?

Not only that, but the phone itself feels incredibly slow, even to do simple tasks ;)

For example, if I leave my phone alone for a while and go to turn the screen on, it takes 2 seconds to bring the screen up and even longer to get to the homescreen after sliding the unlock key.

Also, I think I was struck by the bug where the phone will not receive calls earlier today, when I missed a call from my boss :huh:

hello,

i want to install your custom rom but i want to ask you if you have include to your rom app2sd?

if yes i have to do something after installing your rom?

if no what i have to do then?

thanks

A2SD included and working by default, if You have an EXT partition on Your SD. Only thing to do is moving dalvik cache to SD with

su

a2sd cachesd

in terminal.

After that You have more than 70 MB internal RAM available.

New Pulse owner came from Nokia 5800.... oh my god what a difference. Loving FLB 1.5 as 2.1 T-Mobile was awful. Keep up the great work. Thank You.

Came from 5800 too, thrilled by the difference...

Guest Fusion0306
True, only internal memory. ;)

Yup

I think that the Pulse wouldn't have the sms problem (due to lack of free ram) if it would have 70 MB of free ram :huh:

Guest meinnit
Does anyone else have a problem with the phone always having to reload the entire homescreen (currently using ADW as the launcher)?

Not only that, but the phone itself feels incredibly slow, even to do simple tasks ;)

For example, if I leave my phone alone for a while and go to turn the screen on, it takes 2 seconds to bring the screen up and even longer to get to the homescreen after sliding the unlock key.

Also, I think I was struck by the bug where the phone will not receive calls earlier today, when I missed a call from my boss :huh:

Which version of FLB are you using?

Not only that, but the phone itself feels incredibly slow, even to do simple tasks :huh:

Same here, sometimes awfully slow. First I blamed that I upgraded from 1.4.1 -> 1.5 without wipe, so few days ago I made a clean start and wiped everything, reinstalled everything. A bit faster, but sometimes it gets totally slow, if I close an app, I have to wait for about 3-6 seconds to get the home screen redrawn and usable...

Maybe an installed program? I have a few widgets only: Snowstorm weather (4x1) and Calwidget, 3gWatchdog, ES Task Manager. I had no problems with them before...

Edited by XSAk

Guest Simon O
Same here, sometimes awfully slow. First I blamed that I upgraded from 1.4.1 -> 1.5 without wipe, so few days ago I made a clean start and wiped everything, reinstalled everything. A bit faster, but sometimes it gets totally slow, if I close an app, I have to wait for about 3-6 seconds to get the home screen redrawn and usable...

Maybe an installed program? I have a few widgets only: Snowstorm weather (4x1) and Calwidget, 3gWatchdog, ES Task Manager. I had no problems with them before...

It's a known problem with our phones. I get this every few days and I resolve it by clearing the cache, wiping dalvik-cache then rebooting the phone. Once booted I give it another reboot and performance is back to being good.

Guest Zsolabola
It's a known problem with our phones. I get this every few days and I resolve it by clearing the cache, wiping dalvik-cache then rebooting the phone. Once booted I give it another reboot and performance is back to being good.

Maybe the wipe dalvik cache option could be added to the boot process

for example I use the quick boot app to reboot my phone when it gets slow

maybe there could be an option beside the normal boot option to wipe dalvik and reboot

or maybe in rom manager since it is able to do the wipe :huh:

Guest redribo

hi again,

i update from tre 2.1 to flb 1.5 version,i made partition of sd card and make 512 mb ext2 space of my card,but tha applications installed to phone memory,what i am doing wrong?

any ideas

ps: i dont see at menu app2sd application

thanks

Guest Totyasrác
hi again,

i update from tre 2.1 to flb 1.5 version,i made partition of sd card and make 512 mb ext2 space of my card,but tha applications installed to phone memory,what i am doing wrong?

any ideas

ps: i dont see at menu app2sd application

thanks

It's NOT an app with launcher icon, dude! :huh:

You have to check it with Terminal Emulator, type these commands:

su

a2sd check

You'll see that it is working. You may want to free more space (if you have at least class4 SD card) by typing the following command to the same place:

su (only if you exited Terminal Emulator, if not, you don't need to)

a2sd cachesd

That's all.