[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

i can't install

FLB-Mod v1.7 with overclocked kernel - allows CPU overclocking up to 691MHz. Use at your own risk and use SetCPU (not provided) to set a custom speed.

Download: flbmod_v1.7oc.zip (62.3 MB) latest MD5 3E89F6F61B0DD471F0355AE6E54DA21B

i have message:

E:Can't chown/mod /system/etc/init.d (no such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 48: set_perm_recursive 0 0 0777 0777 SYSTEM:etc/init.d

installation aborted

i use clockworkmod recovery. zip file was downloaded this morning.

p.s. sorry for my english.

i can't install

i have message:

E:Can't chown/mod /system/etc/init.d (no such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 48: set_perm_recursive 0 0 0777 0777 SYSTEM:etc/init.d

installation aborted

i use clockworkmod recovery. zip file was downloaded this morning.

p.s. sorry for my english.

Do a full wipe and try again. You may have to download the zip again.

Hi,

just a small question. For me 1.6b works PERFECT! I tought that 15 swappiness are the best setting for my 2GB HUWAI SD-Card. I want update to 1.7 and set "a2sd swappy 15" - MUST I DO THAT COMMAND AFTER EVERY REBOOT or once after install?

No, once you've entered the command it will stay in the phone.

Guest craigb244
i got jit ,swap,a2sd,overclock working at the same time phone flys and no reboots bn using it since 2 days ago.

Ahhh I had jit and everything running on 1.6

just installed 1.7, i got swap, a2sd, overclock, dalvik. but jit does not seem to be working tried adding the line into the end of the jit stuff in the system/build.prop

and even tried "a2sd jit" (a2sd jit is what i used in 1.6, when i did it the phone rebooted itself and jit worked but on 1.7 it dont)

only getting 2.9ish mflops instead of the 4.6ish i was getting on 1.6

Guest fredewis
Ahhh I had jit and everything running on 1.6

just installed 1.7, i got swap, a2sd, overclock, dalvik. but jit does not seem to be working tried adding the line into the end of the jit stuff in the system/build.prop

and even tried "a2sd jit" (a2sd jit is what i used in 1.6, when i did it the phone rebooted itself and jit worked but on 1.7 it dont)

wow how u get 4.6 i never got that higth 3.6 was ma max oo and im runing 1.6 still dont see the point on upgrading

I tryed this:

su

a2sd nojit

Then reboot, long boot, and then:

su

a2sd jit

and then reboot and long boot

After this i get more than 4mflops in linpack.

Guest ambrozija
I tryed this:

su

a2sd nojit

Then reboot, long boot, and then:

su

a2sd jit

and then reboot and long boot

After this i get more than 4mflops in linpack.

I got 4.7 linpack, but not using a2sd jit. I flashed mcr_jit.zip.

So flib, I was under the impression that the JIT libs aren't present in your build, or are they?

Guest fredewis

So flib, I was under the impression that the JIT libs aren't present in your build, or are they?

what is mcr_jit.zip is it beter then jit and can u upload a zip for me and im using 1.6 will it work?

4.5-4.6 here, rock solid after 2 days use...

Guest betterthanjordan79

hi is there much difference in speed with the overclocked flb mod? also is this "bad" on the processor r just drains the battery quicker??also great work on all the work uve been doing with both of the flb mods flibblesan!!!they've all been great and just keep getting beta :lol:

Guest ambrozija
what is mcr_jit.zip is it beter then jit and can u upload a zip for me and im using 1.6 will it work?

Look at this post: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1418361

This worked for me without a2sd

Edit: AFAIK I know, 2.1 had built in JIT which wasn't stable, so that's why it was disabled by default (or it wasn't there at all, in the first place?)... I'm not sure where this mcr_jit came from. But it works. For me anyway B)

Edit 2: AFAIK I know?!? :lol:

Edited by ambrozija

hi is there much difference in speed with the overclocked flb mod? also is this "bad" on the processor r just drains the battery quicker??also great work on all the work uve been doing with both of the flb mods flibblesan!!!they've all been great and just keep getting beta :lol:

Overclock has definitely improved things for me. Phone does feel smoother and a game like Fruit Ninjas is now playable - it was a bit of a stutter-fest runnning at stock speeds.

I get the feeling that the overclock helps swap performance but I have no stats to back that up - just a hunch.

As for battery life - when the phone is doing very little the oc will make no difference as the CPU is downclocked anyway. However when running apps that push th CPU to max then yes the overclock will reduce your battery time. If this concerns you then setting up profiles in SetCPU will allow you to balance this.

Guest DanWilson
1.7 is causing a boot loop. What can i do?

Wipe.

Flash again.

(If it still fails)

Install the official UPDATA.APP of your choice.

Install custom recovery.

Wipe.

Flash FLB 1.7

Guest fredewis

Edit: AFAIK I know, 2.1 had built in JIT which wasn't stable, so that's why it was disabled by default (or it wasn't there at all, in the first place?)... I'm not sure where this mcr_jit came from. But it works. For me anyway B)

i only get 3.6 max why is this and i dont understand how to instal mcr_jit it seems that people are getting 4.6 why arent i is there a flsheble zip to inable jit becouse i use the a2sd jit and only get 3.5 and you guys get 4.5

Guest ambrozija
i only get 3.6 max why is this and i dont understand how to instal mcr_jit it seems that people are getting 4.6 why arent i is there a flsheble zip to inable jit becouse i use the a2sd jit and only get 3.5 and you guys get 4.5

I really don't know what is the difference betwee this JIT build and the one that is laready there (enabled by a2sd). Maybe android guru's here can shed a light on this.

I installed mcr_jit as any custom ROM, through clocwork.

Guest fredewis
I really don't know what is the difference betwee this JIT build and the one that is laready there (enabled by a2sd). Maybe android guru's here can shed a light on this.

I installed mcr_jit as any custom ROM, through clocwork.

ok so all u did was flash it? can u post the zip for me plz i cant find it ......so all i do is flash the zip?

Guest ambrozija
ok so all u did was flash it? can u post the zip for me plz i cant find it ......so all i do is flash the zip?

I posted the link up there, where's a short description of what to do. OK, here's the zip link: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=56722

I pulled the build.prop from the phone using adb. Added dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit as the last line. Unzip the mcr_jit.zip and replace build.prop with your own one. Zip it again (some poster said that it should be signed, but I didn't signed it and didn't had any problems with it). Copy it to your Sd card. Reboot into recovery. From clockwork, install ROM from SD card. Select the zip. That's it!

That's how I did it. But in no way I'm an expert in android or linux systems, so I cannot guarantee that any of this will work for you (and I wouldn't know how to help you if it doesn't :lol: )

Guest fredewis
I posted the link up there, where's a short description of what to do. OK, here's the zip link: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=56722

I pulled the build.prop from the phone using adb. Added dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit as the last line. Unzip the mcr_jit.zip and replace build.prop with your own one. Zip it again (some poster said that it should be signed, but I didn't signed it and didn't had any problems with it). Copy it to your Sd card. Reboot into recovery. From clockwork, install ROM from SD card. Select the zip. That's it!

That's how I did it. But in no way I'm an expert in android or linux systems, so I cannot guarantee that any of this will work for you (and I wouldn't know how to help you if it doesn't :lol: )

all all that sounds like french to me and all i know in french are 10 lines to tell a girl before u hit their place lol says it all was hopping it was as easy as a flash but thanks anyways ....my brain cant handle all does terms without messing up ⊙_⊙ →_→

Guest ambrozija

Look what taranfx has to say about this:

I remember the time when Android 2.1 was getting ready for release, JIT was all in there ready for the showtime. But for some unknown reasons, it was disabled, just a switch away from 2x – 4x times performance boost. But question is why wasn’t it unveiled at that moment. I could be wrong, though was in good-enough shape, it seemed like more of a marketing strategy.

Guest fredewis
I think flibblesan can make a little flashable JIT zip with proper, FLB's build.prop. Just as an option, for courious users. It's worth it.

+1 mate hope you can flib ...*:lol:*