[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest MaToNeo
how to set an mp3 as ringtone or alarm with the 1.7 version? in 1.6 it was easy to do it with astro...

In the music player when you playback mp3, use Menu -> Use as ringtone

This adds mp3 into the list of available ringtones

Edited by MaToNeo

Guest scoobydoo99

I'm running FLB 1.5 with clockworkmod, Rom manager, apps2sd and a 256 partition.

I now fancy trying the FLB 1.7 overclock, given the above toolkit, how do I go about this now - does Rom manager make it simple?

Guest GregorioUY
how to set an mp3 as ringtone or alarm with the 1.7 version? in 1.6 it was easy to do it with astro...

I did it using the default music manager.

Many thanks for the new ROM, love the new font :)

I just got set up with v1.7 and I'm having some trouble with WiFi. Each time I enable WiFi there's a 50% chance that my phone will freeze and reboot, and every so often when I try to disable WiFi it'll get stuck trying to turn it off and I have no means of controlling it, I have to manually reboot before it really does turn off or so that I can decide to turn it back on.

Are there any quick fixes for this? I can see it becoming an annoyance pretty quickly. Other than that things seem to be working smoothly enough, a few hiccups here and there but nothing that hasn't resolved itself.

On the plus side, there's a very noticeable performance increase over the stock 2.1 ROM, which I'm enjoying very much! :)

Guest andreass4
I did it using the default music manager.

Many thanks for the new ROM, love the new font :)

thx ;) that worked :(

but for the alarmsetting i downloaded astro cause i had problems to do this with ES Fileexplorer...

Guest andreass4

Have a question to swap...

I have a class 4 sd card. Is it useful to use swap? And is swap automatically enabled when i have a swap partition?

Guest goce.nakov
Have a question to swap...

I have a class 4 sd card. Is it useful to use swap? And is swap automatically enabled when i have a swap partition?

I have a class 4 sd card. Is it useful to use swap?....Yes

And is swap automatically enabled when i have a swap partition?....Yes

Guest gocegi

Read about swappinnes, but can't seem to figure it out :/

I set my swap partition to be 128 mb, so if i put a higher value, will there be less or no lag at all, or perhaps that's the story with lower values?

Can somebody explain it, and what should I do exactly to set it properly?

Thx in advance

Edited by gocegi

Guest goce.nakov
Read about swappinnes, but can't seem to figure it out :/

I set my swap partition to be 128 mb, so if i put a higher value, will there be less or no lag at all, or perhaps that's the story with lower values?

Can somebody explain it, and what should I do exactly to set it properly?

Thx in advance

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...53/swap-issues/

Guest gocegi

Thx for the post

One final question

How do you actually set swappines?

By running "a2sd swappy## where ## is a number between 00 and 100" in console emulator, or with something else?

Please write the metod.

Being a n00b, it's kind of hard for me :)

I'm with the 1.6b version. do i have to wipe any of the partitions before updating to 1.7 or can i just flash it?? I've been reading the topic but i'm not able to find the answer. What's the vanilla framework?? and the last one :) Do I have to flash the "Fix for Android Terminal crash" and "Espresso framework text fix & APN fix" mandatorily???

Thank you in advance guys, you're doing a really good job, and the best with no profit motive in mind, it's admirable

Thx for the post

One final question

How do you actually set swappines?

By running "a2sd swappy## where ## is a number between 00 and 100" in console emulator, or with something else?

Please write the metod.

Being a n00b, it's kind of hard for me :)

First su after that "a2sd swappy##". Swapiness depends on your sd card.

Guest totiadrenalin
First su after that "a2sd swappy##". Swapiness depends on your sd card.

or:

su
cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
[color="#708090"]to check the swappiness amount[/color]
echo "**" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
[color="#708090"]to edit the swappiness amount - where ** is the amount number.[/color]
[/codebox]

Guest totiadrenalin

Anything that a2sd do can be done manually by hand two.

If you know at least the elementary unix commands you could set your android to work the way you like.

For example:

Cat is reading the files entry

echo is printing the symbols to the file or prind back to the emulator.

Sorry but my English isn't my primary language.

Here is example

echo "60" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

cp - copy

rm - remove

ln - link

mv - move

All this commands are binary files included in /system/bin and /system/xbin

So when you tympe the command in the termunal you call the program to do what you need.

http://www.linux-tutorial.info/

http://content.hccfl.edu/pollock/unix/findcmd.htm

If I may ask, is it enough to reflash Darktremor a2sd or should I flash the 1.7 flb? (I'm using 1.6b that works just fine for now)

Tnx...

Never mind. Found out on xda. Sorry...

Edited by D-D-

I just installed 1.7. Installed no problem, with a 64MB SWAP and 1GB ext2.

Before applying the fix, the terminal would force close when started. Strange, but fixable.

However, the camera is not working. Trying to launch the "Camera" app resulted in a black screen and a "force close" after a while. A second attempt at starting the camera application resulted in the phone rebooting. I tried the "Vignette" camera application, that one gets stuck on "initializing camera" and eventually reboots the phone.

I had no problems with the phone previously, in either stock 1.5, stock 2.1 or some previous FLB version I used together with 2.1 (do not remember FLB version number).

I have tried rebooting the phone a couple of times, and I have not had problems running other apps (so far).

Nobody else with this problem?

Guest gusthy

Before applying the fix, the terminal would force close when started. Strange, but fixable.

However, the camera is not working. Trying to launch the "Camera" app resulted in a black screen and a "force close" after a while. A second attempt at starting the camera application resulted in the phone rebooting. I tried the "Vignette" camera application, that one gets stuck on "initializing camera" and eventually reboots the phone.

I had no problems with the phone previously, in either stock 1.5, stock 2.1 or some previous FLB version I used together with 2.1 (do not remember FLB version number).

I have tried rebooting the phone a couple of times, and I have not had problems running other apps (so far).

Maybe incorrect wipe or something like this.

I would do a FULLLLLLL wipe and reflash the FLB again.

Guest gusthy

After using Froyo for a while, I gave a try to FLB1.7, just for curiosity.

FLB 1.7 is way better than all the previous ROMs for pulse, including the Cupcake versions and all the Eclairs. It is feature-rich, smart, cool.

But after Froyo I feel it almost unusably inconvenient...

Guest MaToNeo

Wipe of Dalvik cache might be enough

Thanks for the suggestions! I have tried wiping dalvik-cache but it did not fix the problem. I might try installing again from scratch, but Im not sure what I would do different. I followed the installation instructions and did a full wipe.

Guest Spikey001

Anyone else had a problem with sound cutting out whilst using the loudspeaker on v1.7oc?

Music playback will continue but sound will all of a sudden just stop coming out of the speaker! If i put the headphones in the music will play through those, but then as soon as i remover them the sound will cut out again!

Guest adam p

Just upgraded to FLB-Mod version 1.7oc - did a full wipe, set swappiness to 15 and enabled jit in a2sd

All working OK so far and running much faster - just two questions:

1) Why can I not get root permissions is ES File Explorer any more ? (both Cyanogen Mod and HiAPK options result in the file system not being displayed correctly)

2) When I install GenieWidget.apk it appears to be OK, but after I reboot the phone the application is not there any more (although the data is) - any ideas ?

Thanks

Guest Schwertfish
I just got set up with v1.7 and I'm having some trouble with WiFi. Each time I enable WiFi there's a 50% chance that my phone will freeze and reboot, and every so often when I try to disable WiFi it'll get stuck trying to turn it off and I have no means of controlling it, I have to manually reboot before it really does turn off or so that I can decide to turn it back on.

Are there any quick fixes for this? I can see it becoming an annoyance pretty quickly. Other than that things seem to be working smoothly enough, a few hiccups here and there but nothing that hasn't resolved itself.

On the plus side, there's a very noticeable performance increase over the stock 2.1 ROM, which I'm enjoying very much! :)

Quoting this from last page*, because I have the same problem, especially the "can't disable wifi" one.

Any ideas on this?

*page 204, actually. Of course I had to go and start a new one.

Edited by Schwertfish