[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

hi everyone.. been using 1.7 with 96mb swap and oc to 690mhz with jit enabled and swappiness 30 for several days.. very nice.. really fast.. quadrant show 284-298 and linpack 4.2-4.8.. only 1 reboot as far as i can remember..

the problem is:

everything's fine until i enable jit and swappiness to 30 then the booting time become so slow and a lot of fc in the beginning of the system entry. but after wait and or fc then it will run fast as normal.. but it will take around 3-5 minutes total for booting and lagging in fc.. anyone knows why??

If You use app2sd lowmem-default, then the system load all installed apps to the memory, therefore to the swap. This is what is happening with my Pulse too. I'm using app2sd lowmem-optimum, and the phone boots normally.

Guest naniteboy

Erm...on Saturday I had a problem with speedy battery depletion, basically recharged it and it worked nicely over the rest of the weekend.

Now I wake up and phone is obviously rebooted, no apps, no widgets, almost mint state (like after newly flashed ROM)!!!

I did one reboot, app icons returned, widgets also but just placeholders - not loaded (Digital Time and Agenda) and also 3GWatchdog and Batteryminder can not load - force closed immediately after I unlocked the phone and also when I try to start them after that :) Wiping Dalvik cache didn't help either.

After that I tried few apps that I installed and as far as I can see now some work, some FC immediatelly (real FC, no wait button)!

My phone runs on FLB1.7OC, no JIT, 256EXT3 partition, 64MB swap partition (A2SD).

I attached a logcat.txt (activated it now) what happens when I try to start AK Notepad... I'm not used to reading this but I noticed few "permission denied" parts.

Anyone has any idea what to do now? Or do I have to also simply move to alpha CM6? :)

EDIT: Nevermind - gone CM6 ... Geronimoooooooooooo!

logcat.txt

Edited by naniteboy

Thanks. I successfilly disabled it. But aren't there any simpler solution for less geeks? :)

Yes, there is an app in the market called AUTOSTARTS you can use it to disable this option too I believe.

Guest InstantWater
I've found an interesting topic:Removing animations/screens for faster booting

What's your opinion about it? My original aim was to replace boot animation with 'console style boot'. Is it possible?

First quick test: (timer start: 'boot vibrate', timer end: PIN input screen)

(FLB 1.7 OC, A2SD, swap on SD, Dalvik on SD > SanDisk 8GB CLASS2)

Without boot logo: 43s

With boot logo: 1:10s

Difference: 27s

Edited by InstantWater

Guest meinnit
First quick test: (timer start: 'boot vibrate', timer end: PIN input screen)

(FLB 1.7 OC, A2SD, swap on SD, Dalvik on SD > SanDisk 8GB CLASS2)

Without boot logo: 43s

With boot logo: 1:10s

Difference: 27s

I'm a fan of keeping thing simple for this very reason :)

Guest protocold

1.7 oc runs fine here until this 2 days when I started to experience random reboot..

Is there an easy way to "downgrade" the kernel from 1.7oc to 1.7 without reflashing the whole thing? Sorry for being a noob.

Guest Somtom91

Hey guys I have a problem with reboots!!

(Running FLB MOD 1.7) Every time I try to get on the Internet (Market or Browser) my device reboots after a while... it's really annoying.

Do you know how i can fix this??

I have 3g turned off, but it also reboots with 3g turned on.

Sorry if there was a post pages ago, but you know how long it takes to read them all.

Guest InstantWater
Hey guys I have a problem with reboots!!

(Running FLB MOD 1.7) Every time I try to get on the Internet (Market or Browser) my device reboots after a while... it's really annoying.

Do you know how i can fix this??

I have 3g turned off, but it also reboots with 3g turned on.

Sorry if there was a post pages ago, but you know how long it takes to read them all.

Do you have CLASS4 or CLASS6 card?

Guest InstantWater

Hehe, I'm playing with LCD density value in build prop. :)

ro.sf.lcd_density=150

It looks nice :)

It's good for Market application too in landscape mode :)

Update:

It allows in ADW:

- 5 desktop columns

- 8 drawer columns in landscape

- 6 drawer columns in portrait

And it gives larger textarea in landscape mode, but keyboard still usable!

Edited by InstantWater

Guest InstantWater
I am not sure but I think it must be class 4... thought i read it in a post....

It's a pgi micro sd 2GB

you can check it. CLASS number is in a little circle in a corner on the card.

But it's better to check the class with a speed card tester from the market. Some cards are significant faster than they have to be.

Guest InstantWater
But it's better to check the class with a speed card tester from the market. Some cards are significant faster than they have to be.

Guest Somtom91

There is no number but it must be CLASS 4.

So do you know what it could be if a had CLASS4 card? :)

EDIT: Perhaps I should add that the problem of reboots already existed on FLB 1.5

Edited by Somtom91

Guest InstantWater
There is no number but it must be CLASS 4.

So do you know what it could be if a had CLASS4 card? :)

EDIT: Perhaps I should add that the problem of reboots already existed on FLB 1.5

Sorry, I'm not a ROM Guru. :)

Maybe others can help you.

Guest alictait
I will make a small update to fix the problem.

flbmod_v1.7_termfix.zip

Please flash this in recovery to fix the terminal crashing.

Hi Fibblesan,

Thanks for a great guide much appreciation from a noob (even though I have been a member since 2007). I had to hunt for the instructions to do the above but got there in the end. Could you maybe put it in the vicinity of the fix so that noobs like me know how to apply it :).

Thanks again

Ali

Guest DerGraue

A friend from me is developing a game for Android Smartphones. So I tested it. It seems that the Pulse with FLB 1.7 has only OpenGL ES 1.0 support. There was a bug on my phone, which is related to the version. Is it possible to get OpenGL ES 1.1 support on the Pulse? Attached is the buggy game on my pulse. Here you can see how it should look like: Link. This is a bug in the mipmap code from my friend. He tries on it. But I just was wondering, if the 1.1 support is possible or not.

post-772927-1287073284_thumb.png

Guest Cristian Menghi

hi, im upgrade from 1.2 tre (HU 2.1) to 1.7 and a lost the 3G. data only work on edge.

Any idea ?

thks

Edited by Cristian Menghi

Guest whackster
A friend from me is developing a game for Android Smartphones. So I tested it. It seems that the Pulse with FLB 1.7 has only OpenGL ES 1.0 support. There was a bug on my phone, which is related to the version. Is it possible to get OpenGL ES 1.1 support on the Pulse? Attached is the buggy game on my pulse. Here you can see how it should look like: Link. This is a bug in the mipmap code from my friend. He tries on it. But I just was wondering, if the 1.1 support is possible or not.

This has something to do with the LCD density, try setting it to something lower, e.g. 140 and it should work.

Guest InstantWater

OMFG.

I bought a Kingston 8GB CLASS 4 card, and it gives 'not responding' messages... same as my SanDisk CLASS 2.

I hope it's not a fake CLASS 4, because I opened the original pack.

I'm getting tired of it. I think I'll move Dalvik back to phone...

Hi everybody

I used android 2.1 HU with flbmod 1.0. And i liked to update it. I put android 2.1 UK. Now when i turn on the phone with volume down and red key, i have only restart phone and wipe. How to install flbmod 1.7?