[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest rulerofkaos
Pulse is drivin me crazy....for example i see a lot of processes in quick system info....i don't know is a2sd working properly, swap too.....please help...

here is some screenshots from quick system info, can you tell something from them, is this ok?

snap20101120154929.pngsnap20101120154956.pngsnap20101120155004.png

one more thing, do i need to move dalvik cache to sd card? (a2sd+)

To check a2sd start terminal, get superuser permission by typing su, and then type a2sd check. To see if swap is enabled type free in terminal and you get the complete memory info.

Guest Weirdo109
To check a2sd start terminal, get superuser permission by typing su, and then type a2sd check. To see if swap is enabled type free in terminal and you get the complete memory info.

Firstly how do you get that 'quick system info' up and secondly when I run the 'terminal emulator' I get a Force Close (process jackpal androidterm) has stopped.

I've installed the 1.7 rom but don't know if the A2SD is installed by default or I have to set it up.

Firstly how do you get that 'quick system info' up and secondly when I run the 'terminal emulator' I get a Force Close (process jackpal androidterm) has stopped.

I've installed the 1.7 rom but don't know if the A2SD is installed by default or I have to set it up.

quick system info pro can be found on market

you need to install again terminal emulator.....here it is in attachment

extract and copy folders to you sd card and then run Term.apk (it's in system\app)

terminal_emulator_fix.rar

Guest Weirdo109
quick system info pro can be found on market

you need to install again terminal emulator.....here it is in attachment

extract and copy folders to you sd card and then run Term.apk (it's in system\app)

Thanks for that, terminal now working.

I think I need to format my SD card to FAT32 but after that not sure what to do next.

How do I know what class my SD card is?.

Guest rulerofkaos
thx

but everytime after i install application, my internal memory is decreased :/

It's because the dalvik cache is on internal stotrage if you have a fast sd card you can move it to sd.

Thanks for that, terminal now working.

I think I need to format my SD card to FAT32 but after that not sure what to do next.

How do I know what class my SD card is?.

If you want darktremor a2sd you'll have to create an ext partition on your sd, and for swap you'll need an additional partition, too. Amongra does this very good in my opinion. And the class of the sdcard is written on it, the one bundeled with the pulse is class 2 I think.

Edited by rulerofkaos

It's because the dalvik cache is on internal stotrage if you have a fast sd card you can move it to sd.

hm...interesting....

i don't have fast card....so what will happen when it drop's to 0 mb free?

Guest totiadrenalin

If you want darktremor a2sd you'll have to create an ext partition on your sd, and for swap you'll need an additional partition, too. Amongra does this very good in my opinion. And the class of the sdcard is written on it, the one bundeled with the pulse is class 2 I think.

I've experimenting with the init.rc in the kernel.

I found something verry interesting.

It's possible to change the partitions mount point.

mmcblk0p3 can be mount on data.

This is verry good thing.

mtdblock2 mounted on cache

and mtdblock3 formatted as swap partition.

So what do we get here?

something very interesting.

theoretically unlimited memory space on data

depending of how much you leave for the ext partition.

Also the dalvik-cache can be automatically moved to cache on boot with one simple script in /system/etc/init.d/

And ultimate fast swap.

Ok it is only 20MB but 1000 time faster then class6 sdcard.

If somebody want to give it a hit, I'll upload the modified boot.img for you.

Edit:

But there is one MAJOR problem.

If you want to remove the sdcard you will have to turn off the phone.

Because there won't be any data partition until you pull back the sdcard and reboot the phone.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest der_peter
this one:

ADW.Launcher_v1.2.0_eclair_cm_system_mdpi.apk

hmm but we only can flash zip-files! which zip i need?

Edited by der_peter

Guest rulerofkaos
hm...interesting....

i don't have fast card....so what will happen when it drop's to 0 mb free?

The phone gives a notification when the internal memory on /data is less than 10 MB and you can't install apps anymore.

And ultimate fast swap.

Ok it is only 20MB but 1000 time faster then class6 sdcard.

Edit:

But there is one MAJOR problem.

If you want to remove the sdcard you will have to turn off the phone.

Because there won't be any data partition until you pull back the sdcard and reboot the phone.

But wouldn't the random access that swap does kill your internal memory?

Not beeing able to put out the sdcard while the phone is switched on is not a real problem I think. If you do it with a2sd some strange things are happening, too.

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest rulerofkaos
than what is the benefit of using a2sd?

A2sd without dalvik cache on sd moves your apps from /system and /data to sd. So you can install apps until the dalvik cache is too big. Large apps decrease your internal memory very fast although you activated a2sd, but slower as without a2sd. If you move dalvik to sd aswell you can install more apps, but it is maybe slow if your sdcard has too low transfer rates.

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest ViPaSoft

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I've just installed FLB-Mod 1 on my T-mobile pulse and I don't seem to be able to send picture messages.

I have used the t-mobile site and ran through the set-up section for my phone and have received the message saying that picture messaging has been set up as I could see the T-Mobile picture confirming this, (at least I can receive them from T-Mobile).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Vince...

Guest Weirdo109
A2sd without dalvik cache on sd moves your apps from /system and /data to sd. So you can install apps until the dalvik cache is too big. Large apps decrease your internal memory very fast although you activated a2sd, but slower as without a2sd. If you move dalvik to sd aswell you can install more apps, but it is maybe slow if your sdcard has too low transfer rates.

Obviously I am new too all this so am looking for some help.

I have FLB 1.7, I have formatted my card as per guide and quick sys info tells me A2SD has 450mb free and internal memory is at 30mb.

Each time I install an app it goes to the internal memory and not the SD.

I can't seem to understand how to set it to install apps to SD if it's possible.

I searched the market for app2sd and nothing, so searched via appbrain which gives me several results but all say device is 1.5 needs 2.2 or higher.

Main reason I installed rom was so I could install more apps but at present will end up with even less.

I can't seem to understand how to set it to install apps to SD if it's possible.

read first:

the commands u can use with terminal emulator

maybe this command is the right one for u: a2sd cachesd

Moves the Davlik cache to the SD card (Davik Cache contains all the apps Cache and User Data)

Edited by msig

Guest Weirdo109
read first:

the commands u can use with terminal emulator

maybe this command is the right one for u: a2sd cachesd

Moves the Davlik cache to the SD card (Davik Cache contains all the apps Cache and User Data)

OK

I ran terminal emulator, typed su and then typed a2sd cachesd. Phone rebooted.

Checked the mem in quick sys info and internal has now gone from 30mb to 60mb.

I installed a 7mb app then check quick sys info and internal mem has decreased to 53mb.

Phone is also noticably lagging.

OK

I ran terminal emulator, typed su and then typed a2sd cachesd. Phone rebooted.

Checked the mem in quick sys info and internal has now gone from 30mb to 60mb.

I installed a 7mb app then check quick sys info and internal mem has decreased to 53mb.

Phone is also noticably lagging.

try also: a2sd jit

(enables jit for a better performance)

some apps doesnt install to sd.

Guest Weirdo109
try also: a2sd jit

(enables jit for a better performance)

some apps doesnt install to sd.

OK, thanks will give it a go.

Will keep an eye on mem after each prog install to see if if changes.

Guest skycatcher
OK, thanks will give it a go.

Will keep an eye on mem after each prog install to see if if changes.

I was also worried about a2sd not working - I think it is now but my terminal emulator wont run. It wont uninstall and I cant download a replacement - so I can execute any commands!!! Can anyone help me sort this out? Thanks

Guest rulerofkaos
I was also worried about a2sd not working - I think it is now but my terminal emulator wont run. It wont uninstall and I cant download a replacement - so I can execute any commands!!! Can anyone help me sort this out? Thanks

You can use ADB to replace the terminal.

If you are running FLB 1.7 then fib has already posted a small fix for the terminal application - go to the first page.

Edited by Daz555