[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest IceXcube84

Here is a mirror of all the files to FLB-Mod v1.7 on my Dropbox account. Only use this mirror if the other one is down in the first page.

FLB-Mod v1.7

Download: flbmod_v1.7.zip (62.3 MB)

FLB-Mod v1.7 with overclocked kernel - allows CPU overclocking up to 691MHz. Use at your own risk and use SetCPU (not provided) to set a custom speed.

Download: flbmod_v1.7oc.zip (62.3 MB)

Fix for Android Terminal crash

Download: flbmod_v1.7_termfix.zip (57 KB)

Espresso framework text fix & APN fix

Download: flbmod_v1.7_fix1.zip (1.89 MB)

Vanilla Framework

Download: VanillaFramework1.7-signed.zip (2.93 MB)

WARNING! Iam using this one on my U8220 and it seems to work but sometimes it make the phone act crazy and i get FC.

update-signed.zip file with overclocked kernel - allows CPU overclocking up to 710MHz. Use at your own risk and use SetCPU (not provided) to set a custom speed.

Download: update-signed.zip (2.38 MB)

Edited by IceXcube84

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ciri59

I followed the guide, everything fine until the installation of the ROM (flbmod_v1.7.zip) At this point everything stops and this appears:

E: Can't symlink/system/xbin/su

E: Failure at line 135:symlink/system/xbin/su SYSTEM:xbin/su

Installation aborted

and the phone not work.

any advice?

Guest twrock
I followed the guide, everything fine until the installation of the ROM (flbmod_v1.7.zip) At this point everything stops and this appears:

Installation aborted

and the phone not work.

any advice?

Which official 2.1 update did you use as a base before installing this rom?

Guest mustafa_ale

Hi, this ROM really2 stable compare with CM6 or CM7 but so many FC, any solution for this problm?

one more it cant install jbed (java emulator) by copy libjbedvm.so to /system/lib, they said not enough space. any alternative java emulator ? (Jblend not working well, some of java application/game cant instal)

on CM6, if u have many application install and got lot of SMS, is being freez.

sorry for my poor english

Guest mustafa_ale
Here is a mirror of all the files to FLB-Mod v1.7 on my Dropbox account. Only use this mirror if the other one is down in the first page.

Espresso framework text fix & APN fix

Download: flbmod_v1.7_fix1.zip (1.89 MB)

Vanilla Framework

Download: VanillaFramework1.7-signed.zip (2.93 MB)

what text fix ?

clock color become black............. :mellow:. how to back to white color?

Guest eiamhere

I've been getting this error also. Tried to refrain from posting, did a lot of searching, but ultimately gave in.

Also after wiping data/ factory reset and wipe dalvik cache and get the following error run 'wipe dalvik' via adb!

I've restored my Pilse countless times with a nandroid backup, used z4 app to ensure I still had superuser.

I'll apologise for being a bit thick, I haven't root or done much at all with mobiles before.

These are the steps I took:

U8220 which I updated to 2.1 Uk

Installed drivers and did 'install-recovery-windows' for recovery mode.

Tried to install flb-mod v1.7 Placed in root of sd card (not extracted), I receive the same error as Ciri59

Tried Z4 app to ensure superuser, still the same error.

If I haven't provided enough info. please tell me what I'm missing

Thank you in advance if anyone can help

I posted this in another thread this morning but have noticed it probably belongs here, sorry

Guest ciri59
Which official 2.1 update did you use as a base before installing this rom?

I used the official upgrade t-mobile uk 2.1

Guest dzoku

Installation aborted

and the phone not work.

any advice?

Hi

I have the same problem with flb1.7oc. I also am using the Official UK 2.1 update. Please help, as my phone is not working until I find a solution.

Thx

Guest IceXcube84
what text fix ?

clock color become black............. :mellow:. how to back to white color?

You have to change this in the build.prop file under system

ro.config.hw_isCustomize=true

ro.config.hw_customizeType=01

If iam not wrong.

Guest eiamhere

I've given up. Followed all instructions to the letter and have repeated several times. I'm sick of reflashing backup. Unable to downgrade ("update failed") and roms cannot be installed by any method.

Edited by eiamhere

Guest ciri59

Installation aborted

and the phone not work.

any advice?

No one who can help me?

Guest totiadrenalin
I've given up. Followed all instructions to the letter and have repeated several times. I'm sick of reflashing backup. Unable to downgrade ("update failed") and roms cannot be installed by any method.

Do not panic!

This is Android!

And Nothing broken is unfixable in here.

Use the Huawei Time machine if you want to go back to 1.5.

Also you can re-update the 2.1 Anytime you want!

Cool down man!

Use google search rational!

The problem is the new Official 2.1 UK Update, and it's partitions sizes!

You have to shrink the system folder in the rom if you want to flash this zip

The problem isn't this rom!

It was working perfectly for thousands pulse owners!

Now suddenly it stop!!!!!

HA, HA, HA ! ! !

Simply open the ROM ZIP, and move some apps from the system folder to the data folder!

And flash that zip!

But be careful!

1st. Never move the market.apk to data!

2nd. The system folder have to be lower than 85MB in space!

3th. When you zip back the rom. go into the Rom folder, select all the folders and files inside, and than make a zip.

If you don't follow this instructions?

Well?

It's your problem then!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest twrock
T-mobile uk 2.1

WHICH official T-mobile uk 2.1 rom? There was more than one. The original one from back in 2010 had a larger /system partition. The newer one from 2011 has a smaller /system partition. That is probably important to know.

Guest eiamhere
Do not panic!

This is Android!

Cool down man!

HA, HA, HA ! ! !

Simply open the ROM ZIP, and move some apps from the system folder to the data folder!

And flash that zip!

But be careful!

3th. When you zip back the rom. go into the Rom folder, select all the folders and files inside, and than make a zip.

Well?

It's your problem then!

Thanks for you help man. I came back to check because this mobile is now on 2.1 so not receiving very many texts. I wasn't aware that it was possible to alter the roms (without knowledge of what you are doing). All the links in the guide are dead so I went to T-mobile and got the rom, didn't realise it was 2.1 update 1. I'll give this a try and report back.

Edited by eiamhere

Guest Casterina
Thanks for you help man. I came back to check because this mobile is now on 2.1 so not receiving very many texts. I wasn't aware that it was possible to alter the roms (without knowledge of what you are doing). All the links in the guide are dead so I went to T-mobile and got the rom, didn't realise it was 2.1 update 1. I'll give this a try and report back.

That is a known issue on 2.1 uk update, just update to flb mod and then enable swap and there shouldnt be a problem with the texts.

Guest ciri59
WHICH official T-mobile uk 2.1 rom? There was more than one. The original one from back in 2010 had a larger /system partition. The newer one from 2011 has a smaller /system partition. That is probably important to know.

I used the rom now downloadable from the t-mobile website. February 2011: T-Mobile Pulse software update (Android 2.1 - updated) U8220V100R001C85B836SP01.zip

Guest eiamhere
That is a known issue on 2.1 uk update, just update to flb mod and then enable swap and there shouldnt be a problem with the texts.

I was aware of the text problem but wasn't concerned initially because I intended to go straight to flb mod, it's just that I've been unable to install any roms.

Guest ciri59
Do not panic!

This is Android!

Cool down man!

HA, HA, HA ! ! !

And flash that zip!

But be careful!

Well?

It's your problem then!

Let's see if I understand correctly:

I move some apps from the system/app folder to the data/app folder, it's correctly ?

Guest Casterina
Let's see if I understand correctly:

I move some apps from the system/app folder to the data/app folder, it's correctly ?

Correct :unsure:

Guest eiamhere
Correct :unsure:

I've tried this several times, but am clearly doing something wrong. If I simply move the files with Winrar (without extracting) I get errors when trying to install the rom (NAME-OF-FILE.apk not found verification failed). I have not moved what i thought were vital files, however I have resorted to moving notepad, etc, as I was struggling to get the system folder below 85MB.

I have tried extracting and moving, then re-zipping, but can't manage to get the file signed. (I'm Using Vista)

Am I correct in thinking that the file META-INF\com\google\android\update-script controls what is installed and where, is this what's flagging the missing files, or is it just that I need to create a new file and somehow sign it.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Edited by eiamhere

Guest twrock
I used the rom now downloadable from the t-mobile website. February 2011: T-Mobile Pulse software update (Android 2.1 - updated) U8220V100R001C85B836SP01.zip

In that case, your previously mentioned problems could easily be related to the /system partition being too small. The FLB mod was created using the OLD UK update partition sizes. Solution: flash the old UK update and then try installing this rom, or learn how to edit and remove files from the FLB rom before you try to install it.