[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest mr.a

Flibblesan. what build fingerprint did you use in beta5.1update1?

now that i have updated to the full v1.0, i can not find some apps on the market ("Truth or Dare" by mangobird :) is an example)

thanx in advance

btw i used this finger print :

ro.build.description=ro.build.description=passion-user 2.1-update1 ERE27 24178 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/inc/inc/inc:2.1-update1/ERE27/161494:user/release-keys

but still no luck

Guest sleepingman

just to check,to replace ADW with launcherpro i need to flash flb first and then flash the launcherpro flashable update right?

thanks in advance

Guest Simon O
Only 20mb space

?

What am i doing wrong?

Without an ext2 partition on your sd card you will only have 20mb space. You can remove the touchpal languages to free up about 12mb space also. The rom is larger than earlier versions and because of this I have had to make the decision not to odex the system app files. This means that dalvik-cache will be larger than on previous roms which will take up some space on the /data partition.

The system partition limit is about 104mb. Currently the rom needs 96mb on System. Odexing the files increases this to over 120mb which I cannot fit without removing a lot of stuff. Even if I moved the libs to data and odexed the system apps, it won't resolve the low space issue on data. This rom is really made for and designed to be used with A2SD. I'm sorry if you are unable to use it to it's full capabilities.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest stealthstealer

Nope I'm not really interested in apps2sd, can I not run this rom normally like all the previous releases which had more than enough space on the actual phone?

Ok just read the above post, thanks

Edited by stealthstealer

Guest Simon O
just to check,to replace ADW with launcherpro i need to flash flb first and then flash the launcherpro flashable update right?

thanks in advance

Thats one way. The other way is using the rom I'm uploading which will have LauncherPro built in :)

Guest racingclub
Changed: Market fingerprint changed to official U8220 release-key. No missing apps to my knowledge.

Still apps missing for me (at least in comparison to my G1 running Cyanogenmod and the missus Pulse running 1.5)

Guest Totyasrác
Without an ext2 partition on your sd card you will only have 20mb space. You can remove the touchpal languages to free up space also.

Flib... I really don't know what to say... THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Far far the best ROM so far that I have ever seen, the excellent user experience - even after installing my favorite apps from market (+Sygic from SD), still having more than 65MBs of free space, and ~25-26MBs free RAM. (Now I've got curious and checked: Dalvik is on my SD by default even though it shouldn't be without a2sd cache command :) Whatever :D)

So really thank you, it was definitely worth waiting for this!

Guest arlindo.costa
Thats one way. The other way is using the rom I'm uploading which will have LauncherPro built in :)

Flibblesan's the man. :D

There will be many happy children this weekend, glued to their FLB!

Guest Simon O
Still apps missing for me (at least in comparison to my G1 running Cyanogenmod and the missus Pulse running 1.5)

Please could you give a list of the missing apps.

Guest Simon O
Flib... I really don't know what to say... THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Far far the best ROM so far that I have ever seen, the excellent user experience - even after installing my favorite apps from market (+Sygic from SD), still having more than 65MBs of free space, and ~25-26MBs free RAM. (Now I've got curious and checked: Dalvik is on my SD by default even though it shouldn't be without a2sd cache command :) Whatever :D)

So really thank you, it was definitely worth waiting for this!

The new version of A2SD is clever. It moves dalvik-cache to the SD card by default and checks to make sure it runs correctly. If there are any problems that will cause a boot loop it will then move the cache back onto the device.

Guest stealthstealer

Ok, looks like I'm going to have to go down the apps2sd road, anyone wanna give me a quick set of instructions/link on everything I need to do for apps2sd on this rom, as I don't have the foggiest :)

Guest mr.a

Flibblesan. what build fingerprint did you use in beta5.1update1?

now that i have updated to the full v1.0, i can not find some apps on the market ("Truth or Dare" by mangobird is an example)

thanx in advance

btw i used this finger print :

ro.build.description=ro.build.description=passion-user 2.1-update1 ERE27 24178 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/inc/inc/inc:2.1-update1/ERE27/161494:user/release-keys

but still no luck

Guest sleepingman

:D

i noticed that but i thought that the link was broken :P

i must say that this is by far the best rom that i've used,simple,fast and reliable.

thank for all the work you put into this

Guest racingclub

Not a comprehensive list, but on my G1 (running 5.0.8 stable) I can see:

Google Googles

Camera ZOOM FX *

Evernote

Twidroyd

Uniwar *

IP Cam Viewer *

(Highlighted with * are apps I have bought via the Market).

Can't find these on my Pulse. I'm sure there are others......

Edited by racingclub

Guest Simon O
Not a comprehensive list, but on my G1 (running 5.0.8 stable) I can see:

Google Googles

Camera ZOOM FX *

Evernote

Twidroyd

Uniwar *

IP Cam Viewer *

(Highlighted with * are apps I have bought via the Market).

Can't find these on my Pulse. I'm sure there are others......

Thanks. I'll do some testing.

Guest Simon O
Thanks. I'll do some testing.

I set the build prop to another and I can see most of those apps apart from Camera Zoon FX, Google Goggles, Evernote and Twidroyd. I don't think I've ever had those 3 show up in the market.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest ogiogi

This is the best 2.1 so far :D. Runs really smooth. No slowdowns. Great work Fibble and Bobo.

Got 2 .acore FC's (no wait option) BTW :)

Guest Simon O
This is the best 2.1 so far :P. Runs really smooth. No slowdowns. Great work Fibble and Bobo.

Got 2 .acore FC's (no wait option) BTW :D

Go on, what did you do? :)

Guest Simon O
:D

- astro/menu/exit FC

- gtalk/home key FC

You are very good at crashing things :)

I'm wondering if this ADW launcher is causing some problems. Might be using too much ram? I need to check.

Guest ogiogi
You are very good at crashing things :)

I'm wondering if this ADW launcher is causing some problems. Might be using too much ram? I need to check.

Oh yeah! I stress tested it pretty good :D :P Even played FIFA 10 from EA

and it's playable :P