[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Well, could please anyone explain it in one sentence what this dalvik-vm heap size is and tell me if I should change the size of it or not? (I'm on the first, original version of v1.0 and like it too much to even upgrade it to the slightly updated version :) )

First version set this to 16MB. I find that 24MB works better. You can change this in terminal. Do:

a2sd largeheap

I have previous beta version installed. Now I would like to upgrade to the latest 1.0, do I need to WIPE before install? Thanks!

Yes. Full wipe please.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
FLB, I have not tried your latest rom but am using your rooted TRE rom instead. What I found is that if I install it over Hungary update then things stop working (eg. WIFI). Once I've installed the TRE firmware (using time machine) and THEN installed your rooted TRE rom, everything works perfect. In fact it is the best combination so far for me!

I'm thinking aloud here....but maybe there is something in this that could help ppl who are experiencing connection probs etc...

Triq

The tre rom I did needs installing over the official tre update. FLB 1.0 can use either. I'm running it on top of the Hungarian update. As long as you have used one of the 2.1 updates to get the new partition sizes it should work.

Guest Simon O
You can just uninstall them using "Manage Application".

If you want, you can also remove apks from system/app. I use Estrong Explorer. Be careful though.

Anything that is optional can be removed from "Manage Application" inside the settings.

Guest darkdevil1
It's missing a couple of non-urgent fixes. Fingerprint changed back, boot animation fixed so the boot isn't really slow.

Any patch for those who already grabbed it before this newer version?

Guest Simon O
I've tried to download the new rom twice and it said complete at 26megs, then complete at 14megs the second time :s is the hosting ok?

It should be working correctly. Use a download manager if possible. The server supports resume.

Installed last night, very impressed with it, well done flibble!

Not sure if this is the right place for this and it's not a major issue for me, but there is still some pink in there! The button to create a new message turns pink when you press it and the border on the power control is still pink!

Yep, a few places have some pink. Weird as most of the applications I am using are not from the T-Mobile rom. I'd have to decrypt the apk files and manually make changes to the xml files to change colours.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
Got a question, what are the benefits to using ADW/LauncherPro above using the Standard Android Launcher together with something like Zeam?

The reason for this question is that I'm on 1.5 (1.7 MCR) now with Zeam and I like the no-nonsense of it (not much options, but nice and light) and are willing to go to this mod (SMS was a showstopper for me, first like the phone to work as a phone and then see what else I can get ontop of it).

edit:

Also a question, If I want to use this mod, do I go:

1.5 -> Hungary 2.1 -> FLB

or

1.5 -> Tre 2.1 -> FLB

Zeam is designed for old roms. Most of the launcher replacements are true replacements and require 2.1 or above. Zeam just sits on top of the current launcher. You can still install from the market though.

Guest JohnPorter
Yep, a few places have some pink. Weird as most of the applications I am using are not from the T-Mobile rom. I'd have to decrypt the apk files and manually make changes to the xml files to change colours.

not a problem flibbesan...once again excellent work on the rom....loving it

Guest IceXcube84
Made one

flbmod_v1.0_patch.zip

Flash through recovery. Do not wipe.

Can i use that on my with no need to wipe?

I am not so happy with that i must install all my apps and config everything again.

That is pain in the ass to do it again.

Having an issue with Wavesecure when installing apps to SD with A2SD on the 5.1 beta rom with update.

I know i cant use wavesecure from the SD card (I tried and it doesnt recognise my PIN)

Have installed wavesecure update zip from the SD to install on the ROM. It installs fine, then force closes when i try to open it?

It works fine when not using A2SD and installed with the beta 5.1 rom / update.

any ideas? I've emailed Wavesecure for their views.....

Any resolution to this?

Edited by AJV

Guest Freebsd_bj
First version set this to 16MB. I find that 24MB works better. You can change this in terminal. Do:

a2sd largeheap

Yes. Full wipe please.

Thanks for the reply! By the way, what happens if flash without full wipe?

Edited by Freebsd_bj

Guest roozor

I did a full wipe, partitioned my 8gb card to 1gb ext rest storage. Installed flb 1.0 and it's great.

I tried to run from the terminal a2sd check and it keeps saying that i might not have root? :s

Say's permission denied alot , but does have a star in the ext partition bit?! Have i got to do anything to get a2sd to work?

Guest anders_ludwigsson

I have the original tre rom on my phone. What steps do I need to do to install your new mod and to get a2sd?

do I need to downgrade to 1.5 first or can I skip the part where I install 2.1? can this mod run on top of the swedish

rom or do I need the hungarian?

many questions...

Guest aidanj
I did a full wipe, partitioned my 8gb card to 1gb ext rest storage. Installed flb 1.0 and it's great.

I tried to run from the terminal a2sd check and it keeps saying that i might not have root? :s

Say's permission denied alot , but does have a star in the ext partition bit?! Have i got to do anything to get a2sd to work?

you need to open the terminal, then type su, and allow the terminal superuser access (a notification will popup), THEN, you type a2sd check, and you're good to go =) also, wow, i just flashed the small update, and my pulse boots up so much faster, it's almost a blink and you miss it affair. well done to those involved!

Edited by aidanj

Guest Simon O
Can i use that on my with no need to wipe?

I am not so happy with that i must install all my apps and config everything again.

That is pain in the ass to do it again.

The small update doesn't need a wipe.

Guest Simon O
Thanks for the reply! By the way, what happens if flash without full wipe?

It might work, it will probably not work. Some older files may still be on your phone, config files will be incorrect and caches will be wrong. It can cause a lot of instability.

Guest Simon O
Can i flash this ROM on my RBM2 U8230 ?

Thanks

I do not know. If somebody with a U8230 or RMB2 has used this rom and it works, please post :)

Guest IceXcube84
The small update doesn't need a wipe.

I have flash it with Amon RA and it seems to work with out problems.

I will report later how its running on my U8220

WIll do it when i have time to it if its ok?

Guest aidanj

the flb series of roms have completely transformed my pulse. with the 1.0 version, and the small update, it's basically so perfect, that i van't say i care that much about froyo. the small update fix is particulary great when using the market - it is so much faster for browsing apps than before, and if you view and app, then return to where you were, you are at the same place as before - previously, you would be returned to the very top of the page, which was annoying, as you had to keep on scrolling down, waiting for the apps to load to get back to where you were. brilliant stuff fibble, bb, and others who have contributed.

Guest Azurren
can I update from FLB mod beta or should i reinstall the stock 2.1 first?

You can update strait from FLB mod. Best to do a wipe before flashing though :)

Guest IceXcube84
Made one

flbmod_v1.0_patch.zip

Flash through recovery. Do not wipe.

I used this one and flashed it but i did not do a wipe and it worked fine from v1.0 Beta 5 Upgrade 1

But i had to put back the bootanimation and some changes i did in build.prop

But its working.

Thank you flibblesan for all the time you have put down on to make the best custom rom for U8220/Pulse =)

Guest Totyasrác
I used this one and flashed it but i did not do a wipe and it worked fine from v1.0 Beta 5 Upgrade 1

But its working.

Thank you flibblesan for all the time you have put down on to make the best custom rom for U8220/Pulse =)

It was meant to be flashed over FBL v1.0, not the beta ones... Try it - you'll love it :)

Guest Simon O

But its working.

Yep as the update fixes the issues with the boot animation and build.prop :)