[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

I do not know. If somebody with a U8230 or RMB2 has used this rom and it works, please post :)

I`m use it on my huawei u8230, from operator life:), Belarus. It working fine.

Guest Detlef

Thank you, flibblesan, for this nice and great work! This ROM is the best! It's very fast. I have it flashed today. I hope, this ROM works stable, without black screens and freeze. Thank You! You are the best!

Guest Melril
I do not know. If somebody with a U8230 or RMB2 has used this rom and it works, please post :)

Yup, it works like a charm (u8230 with Bouygues Telecom FR here) ! Installed the ROM a few days ago, and just flashed the update. Follow the guide provided on the first page and you'll be good to go.

Guest biron_w
a2sd cachepart (move dalvik to cache partition)

Might be an idea to remove that bit.I did that with my phone and it stopped the market from working. I then tried the "a2sd fixmarket" bit in terminal and it deleted that market from my phone!

This rom is fantastic though. Works a treat :)

Guest Cazomino05

Overall I'm happy with my pulse but I've been thinking about upgrading to a custom ROM since t-mobile UK do not seem to have any plans on releasing a 2.1 ROM this decade

From what I've read this seems like it will make the phone faster which is a bonus :)

I also like the idea of my UI not being completely pink! :D

But can I just ask what the deal is with this SMS bug? I'm slightly worried since I use my phone for text messages A LOT :/ and really it's the only thing putting me off using a custom ROM

Guest arlindo.costa

TMN A1 working very well. No FC, no Reboots and all functions seem to be in order!

Guest gusthy
Overall I'm happy with my pulse but I've been thinking about upgrading to a custom ROM since t-mobile UK do not seem to have any plans on releasing a 2.1 ROM this decade

From what I've read this seems like it will make the phone faster which is a bonus :)

I also like the idea of my UI not being completely pink! :D

But can I just ask what the deal is with this SMS bug? I'm slightly worried since I use my phone for text messages A LOT :/ and really it's the only thing putting me off using a custom ROM

Since 1.0 beta upd5 I didn't see any SMS bug, tre ROM is not affected too, and this 1.0 is also working correctly with SMS.

Guest Simon O

Some people reported issues with SMS messages not being sent or received with earlier 2.1 roms. I have never had this problem.

Guest goce.nakov

The ROM with LauncherPro is much more less responsive...... for example

With launcherPro sometimes when you want to bring up the dialer it takes like 5 seconds to launch, and sometimes it's come up instantly, anyone experiencing this kind of issue?

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest SonMauri

What I find weird about this room is that in the home screen you can actually hide the status bar ( slide up or down)... I'm not sure if it is a bug or a feature... Another thing I've noticed us that it seems like I have a lot of trouble establishing a data connection (2g still since I live in Chile).

anyway great work!

Guest Azurren
The ROM with LauncherPro is much more less responsive...... for example

With launcherPro sometimes when you want to bring up the dialer it takes like 5 seconds to launch, and sometimes it's come up instantly, anyone experiencing this kind of issue?

It's not related to LauncherPro.

My free RAM has been reported as low as 7mb! 7mb! Never ever seen it get anywhere near this low :)

Other times it is up to 46mb

Needless to say at 7mb anything will lag like hell

Guest goce.nakov

My free RAM has been reported as low as 7mb! 7mb! Never ever seen it get anywhere near this low :D

What is eating the RAM then??? :)

And tbh I'v never had those kind of lags with ADW launcher...hmmm weird.

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest gusthy

My free RAM has been reported as low as 7mb! 7mb! Never ever seen it get anywhere near this low :)

Launcher doesnt lag for me, but sure, it seems as if it had less free memory, it is true.

With update 5, if I started Opera, went to home and clicked on Opera again, it survived, now opera starts again most of the cases.

Guest goce.nakov
What I find weird about this room is that in the home screen you can actually hide the status bar ( slide up or down)... I'm not sure if it is a bug or a feature... Another thing I've noticed us that it seems like I have a lot of trouble establishing a data connection (2g still since I live in Chile).

anyway great work!

It is the future in ADW Launcher, you can disable it thought.

Guest Simon O

You need to increase the dalvik heap to 24MB. First release of FLB 1.0 had this set to 16mb (thanks A2sd....)

terminal:

su

a2sd largeheap

reboot

I have 19mb free.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest goce.nakov
You need to increase the dalvik heap to 24MB. First release of FLB 1.0 had this set to 16mb (thanks A2sd....)

terminal:

su

a2sd largeheap

reboot

Filb....I am on second release m8, Terminal says my Dalvik heap is 24Mb...still got lags....I'm thinking of doing full wipe and try the ROM with ADW and see how it will perform.

Guest gusthy

terminal:

su

a2sd largeheap

reboot

Ok, but why does this result to low memory conditions???

Guest Azurren

terminal:

su

a2sd largeheap

reboot

But I am not using apps to sd (Sorry I'm clueless here :))

What negative / positive affects will running this achieve?

Guest gusthy
But I am not using apps to sd (Sorry I'm clueless here :))

What negative / positive affects will running this achieve?

This command does not depend if you use a2sd.

Guest Simon O
Ok, but why does this result to low memory conditions???

It was the first thing I could think of, but not necessarily the solution.

Our phones are, politely putting, absolute crap. Somebody thought it would be a great idea to only provide us with 128mb ram and once the system has taken ram away for the various parts it needs, it leaves us with very little.

How are you guys checking free ram? If you type 'free' from a terminal and the free space is about 2000 then you are good.