[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest goce.nakov
It was the first thing I could think of, but not necessarily the solution.

Our phones are, politely putting, absolute crap. Somebody thought it would be a great idea to only provide us with 128mb ram and once the system has taken ram away for the various parts it needs, it leaves us with very little.

How are you guys checking free ram? If you type 'free' from a terminal and the free space is about 2000 then you are good.

total-107544

used-104180

free-3364

WTF :)

Guest ogiogi
How are you guys checking free ram? If you type 'free' from a terminal and the free space is about 2000 then you are good.

Mine is always around 4000 and i have no memory issues. Free ram (advanced task manager) 25-35MB.

Guest Simon O

Just remembered, cat /proc/meminfo is better

cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 107544 kB
MemFree: 2244 kB
Buffers: 596 kB
Cached: 30556 kB
SwapCached: 0 kB
Active: 29936 kB
Inactive: 59744 kB
Active(anon): 20004 kB
Inactive(anon): 39256 kB
Active(file): 9932 kB
Inactive(file): 20488 kB
Unevictable: 292 kB
Mlocked: 0 kB
SwapTotal: 0 kB
SwapFree: 0 kB
Dirty: 0 kB
Writeback: 0 kB
AnonPages: 58884 kB
Mapped: 23468 kB
Slab: 5156 kB
SReclaimable: 1196 kB
SUnreclaim: 3960 kB
PageTables: 5000 kB
NFS_Unstable: 0 kB
Bounce: 0 kB
WritebackTmp: 0 kB
CommitLimit: 53772 kB
Committed_AS: 1621864 kB
VmallocTotal: 385024 kB
VmallocUsed: 53364 kB
VmallocChunk: 297988 kB[/code]

If I remember right about android it will try to keep RAM used (either active or inactive). Bit like Windows 7 in a way lol

Edited by flibblesan

Guest ogiogi
Just remembered, cat /proc/meminfo is better

If I remember right about android it will try to keep RAM used (either active or inactive). Bit like Windows 7 in a way lol

Yeap. Because it's not showing doesn't mean it's not there. It's probably being cached or something.

Guest Simon O
The ROM does not work on the RBM2 U8230. I have tested by mayself. it gets always processo errors

It's a Pulse rom and hasn't been designed or developed for use with any other device, sorry.

Guest Evil Disco Guy

First I tried the ADW version, nice and fast but I had the same problems with it unloading etc. So I thought I'd try the Launcher Pro one. Same problems plus more. I had constant problems with Launcher Pro unloading, Keyboard FC's, slowdown. I would check my phone and immediately get acore FCs and keyboard ones, also caused a problem with my alarm earlier.

I wiped before installing, did the process twice just to check. I'll be going back to the ADW version for now.

Edited by Evil Disco Guy

Guest Narsil

Hi Flib. I take it Karen Gillan didn't turn up then? Perhaps you are her River Song and you keep meeting in the wrong order :)

Any advice on the best route for someone running the 2.1 Tre update? Perhaps stupidly, I tried to run superboot 1.5 and amonrecovery 1.5.2 so I could get to the 'flash from zip' option and I bricked the phone. Luckily the Tre 'dload' folder was still on my SD card so I flashed that and I'm back to square one. Should I use the time machine thing and start from scratch, or is there an easier way I've completely missed? Cheers for any help.

Guest goce.nakov
First I tried the ADW version, nice and fast but I had the same problems with it unloading etc. So I thought I'd try the Launcher Pro one. Same problems plus more. I had constant problems with Launcher Pro unloading, Keyboard FC's, slowdown. I would check my phone and immediately get acore FCs and keyboard ones, also caused a problem with my alarm earlier.

I wiped before installing, did the process twice just to check. I'll be going back to the ADW version for now.

Yeah definitely the LauncherPro version is more slower and laggier...sometimes need like 6 seconds to launch dialer etc..

Guest omlas01

Hi!

I'm noob about android so my questions may look simple :-)

You wrote:

"Please DO NOT use the options inside recovery related to A2SD. These only worked with an old version of A2SD and can seriously break your phone if you use these options with FLB-MOD"

According to this should I follow the the ap2sd installing steps written here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e/#entry1318840

?

Should I make a nandroid backup (I'm not sure what is that for) in any case?

Should I wipe dalvik and others? What happens if I miss to wipe?

THX for the help!

Guest ogiogi
I don't really like any of the custom themes, does anyone know of a vanilla-style one?

:) :D :P

Extract the framework from the Tre ROM.

Guest Simon O
Yeah definitely the LauncherPro version is more slower and laggier...sometimes need like 6 seconds to launch dialer etc..

Seriously? Takes between 1 and 2 seconds to launcher dialer on the launcherpro version.

I'm quite surprised that a few people are having such issues with the two roms since I updated them. But I guess it's to be expected that what works for some people may not work for others.

Guest goce.nakov
Seriously? Takes between 1 and 2 seconds to launcher dialer on the launcherpro version.

I'm quite surprised that a few people are having such issues with the two roms since I updated them. But I guess it's to be expected that what works for some people may not work for others.

I have that issues only with Launcher Pro version.

I just wiped and installed the version with ADW and everything is working as should, imba fast...

I rly can't imagine what is making Launcher Pro version to behave like that

Guest darkdevil1

Anyone know a calendar widget like tmobs, that isnt white so it blends in better with the espresso theme? I saw a few calendar widgets but none that i could findshow the entire month like tmobs does

Guest Totyasrác

How can that be?! We all use the exactly same devices (Huawei U8220) with probably same partitioning (T-Mobile HU official update), wipe, and flash the very same FLB ROM. Now it really should work the very same way for all of us - shouldn't it?!

Other question: if I move Dalvik cache back to the Phone (I have 65MBs of free memory after installing everything I'd use and prefer speed to free unused space) will I experience any speeding up? (I use a Kingstin class4 8GB SD if it counts.)

Guest goce.nakov
How can that be?! We all use the exactly same devices (Huawei U8220) with probably same partitioning (T-Mobile HU official update), wipe, and flash the very same FLB ROM. Now it really should work the very same way for all of us - shouldn't it?!

Other question: if I move Dalvik cache back to the Phone (I have 65MBs of free memory after installing everything I'd use and prefer speed to free unused space) will I experience any speeding up? (I use a Kingstin class4 8GB SD if it counts.)

If your SD card is good you will not notice any difference regarding speed.

I have Toshiba class4 4GB SD and the speed is same.

Guest twics
The batterylife has been significantly reduced from 2+ days to 1 day in the new 2.1 ROM ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Iv found that mine may need recharge mid day depending what im doing, I use to get more usage this seems to be common on most 2.1Roms

Mine is always around 4000 and i have no memory issues. Free ram (advanced task manager) 25-35MB.

Mine is saying 4444 is this good? :)

I think ADW in latest beta5 worked better

Guest Evil Disco Guy
I have that issues only with Launcher Pro version.

I just wiped and installed the version with ADW and everything is working as should, imba fast...

I rly can't imagine what is making Launcher Pro version to behave like that

Yeah I've been using the ADW version since I posted and have had no problems (bar the known). I will say the LauncherPro version felt faster but the constant unloading (when loading the music player, browser, even once when using the gallery) and FCs killed it for me.

Earlier I used the phone, checked my email and put it away. Ten minutes later I turned it on again and had a Keyboard FC/Wait message and Acore FC/Wait message waiting for me.

Edited by Evil Disco Guy

Guest anders_ludwigsson

I installed the v1.0 today with launcher pro and I'm really surprised! It's a kick ass mod and it runs really nice and smooth. No problems at all, so far. A question though: I scipped the a2sd-part of the installation as told on the first page. Am I able to install apps on my sd-card or must I do something more?

Kudos for a really nice mod and the best mod so far!!!

Guest Simon O

This is the thing. Release 1.0 has been in development for some time now and I've had people testing the rom for the last 2 weeks with no serious bugs. Any bug reports received I managed to resolve the issues.

The problem is that some phones, for whatever reason, have issues. In the perfect world the rom should work for everybody perfectly. But it sadly doesn't. This is why I put the following disclaimer on the first page:

This ROM is a work in progress. Whilst it is stable on my U8220 Pulse, I cannot gurantee that it will be stable for you. Please test at your own risk and take care. The ROM does not change any hardware.

Almost every custom ROM for any Android device has it's problems. Even Cyanogenmod (which, imho, is totally overrated) is unstable on some devices.

All I can do is try and fix the various bugs the best I can. Unfortunately fixing some bugs is introducing others and I really don't know why this is the case.

Guest ogiogi
All I can do is try and fix the various bugs the best I can. Unfortunately fixing some bugs is introducing others and I really don't know why this is the case.

Bugs shmugs this rom is perfect :D :)