[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Dave Blencowe
Contact issue was fixed in later versions.

Text messaging search works off numbers, not letters. Try typing the first 2 or 3 numbers of the contacts phone number.

Hey,

I'm running Beta 3, after a full data wipe?

Also, you used to be able to touch the bar and it would take you to a checkbox contact list to select contacts. Any plans to reimplement this as group messaging and stuff doesn't really work unless you know the contact numbers off by heart?

Dave,

Guest Evil Disco Guy

Using Beta 3 and have no problems using the Call button from contacts. I did notice though that if you have more than one number it comes up with the Call Using menu, as usual, but the "Remember this choice" text next to the checkbox is black making it near unreadable.

Guest Franky1927

I like this ROM alot. Its really nice to look at and more important, its fast!

My only problem is that my Pulse freezes frequently. I already had to take out the battery 4 times today.

Guest Jan M
26hours 45 minutes and 8 seconds from instaling, no reboots and fc at all!!!!! :)

+1

still on beta1

uptime: 69 hours 42 minutes

after 48 hours of mild usage (wifi & gps on) battery was still at 30%!!!

Edited by Jan M

Guest varelasaraiva

Great job - works perfectly with me, with no issues at all. I can't seem to install the LiveWallpapers.apk I salvaged from other ROMs through ASTRO. Did anyone have any success installing them?

Many thanks,

Pedro

Guest Simon O

Found this short review about my ROM today: http://navigyurci.hu/2010/06/09/ujabb-ecla...zslat-a-pulsen/

It's in Hungarian and the author seems to have some major issues with the ROM. Is anybody getting the same issue or could they translate so I can look into fixing these? I tried to translate using Google but it didn't make much sense. VoiceSearch I can understand the problem (although it doesn't affect me) but Better Terminal Emulator seemed to cause a reboot.

Guest goce.nakov
Found this short review about my ROM today: http://navigyurci.hu/2010/06/09/ujabb-ecla...zslat-a-pulsen/

It's in Hungarian and the author seems to have some major issues with the ROM. Is anybody getting the same issue or could they translate so I can look into fixing these? I tried to translate using Google but it didn't make much sense. VoiceSearch I can understand the problem (although it doesn't affect me) but Better Terminal Emulator seemed to cause a reboot.

I tried to use Better Terminal Emulator to move Dalvik on SD but Terminal is returning error "Do you have root" even I'm using your ROM and we know that is rooted :) ......though it doesn't reboot my phone.

Guest bounty123

After praising your rom he mentions these negative aspects: "It starts with the usual voice search error message, but after some fiddling about any app can fail on you, android.process or update services and better terminal comes into my mind." He does not say it caused reboot, just that the app "fell over", probably meant FC by that. :)

But overall he says he likes your rom the best so far. He likes it, uses it, but thinks it's not the final solution yet.

Edited by bounty123

Guest darkdevil1
I tried to use Better Terminal Emulator to move Dalvik on SD but Terminal is returning error "Do you have root" even I'm using your ROM and we know that is rooted :) ......though it doesn't reboot my phone.

This is the exact issue I'm currently having with Titaniumbackup. What version of the beta are you running?

In fact, none of the programs I granted root access in the past (Quickboot for example) seem to be working any more ;/ Could it be related to the fact I restored through nandroid?

Edited by darkdevil1

Guest goce.nakov
This is the exact issue I'm currently having with Titaniumbackup. What version of the beta are you running?

latest one....V3, when I open SuperUser app in there is only Root Explorer and Advanced Killer but no Terminal :)

Guest Simon O

In fact, none of the programs I granted root access in the past (Quickboot for example) seem to be working any more ;/ Could it be related to the fact I restored through nandroid?

Try uninstalling and installing better terminal emulator again. Nandroid might not be completely compatible with darktremor a2sd or this superuser app.

Guest goce.nakov
Try uninstalling and installing better terminal emulator again. Nandroid might not be completely compatible with darktremor a2sd or this superuser app.

I didn't installed thru nandroid, I installed Terminal from the scratch and he still doesn't have root access

Guest Simon O
I didn't installed thru nandroid, I installed Terminal from the scratch and he still doesn't have root access

Try becoming superuser by typing su then you should get the superuser permissions dialog popping up. Once you allow, it'll be added to the list.

Guest goce.nakov
Try becoming superuser by typing su then you should get the superuser permissions dialog popping up. Once you allow, it'll be added to the list.

That one worked......Thank you

Guest igor_anta

I remember that root was gone if you restored from nandroid even on the older unofficial 2.1 roms, so that might still be the issue. Cheers!

Guest Perrier

and in the title of the post he says "Yet another magic for the Pulse" :)

As of me, I haven't run into these mistakes, but I have a problem: as I'm installing applications, my free memory is decreasing. What should I do to have a2sd working?

Anyway, thanks for your work!

Guest goce.nakov
and in the title of the post he says "Yet another magic for the Pulse" :)

As of me, I haven't run into these mistakes, but I have a problem: as I'm installing applications, my free memory is decreasing. What should I do to have a2sd working?

Anyway, thanks for your work!

Your A2SD IS working but your Dalvik Cashe (where app install their cashe) is still on the phone......so if you are installing like 100 app move your Dalvik Cashe on to SD card.

Guest Simon O

Yes, exactly that. The Darktremor A2SD that I am using seems to be more realistic with regards to the exact amount of free space being used. The older A2SD had a weird issue where the free space would actually increase, but this one works correctly. If you have a fast enough SD card, move dalvik cache to it.

Guest biron_w
Yes, exactly that. The Darktremor A2SD that I am using seems to be more realistic with regards to the exact amount of free space being used. The older A2SD had a weird issue where the free space would actually increase, but this one works correctly. If you have a fast enough SD card, move dalvik cache to it.

How exactly do you do that?People have said use ADB or whatever but I have no idea what that is or how to use it!

Guest grantpe

A very nice ROM once I actually got it installed :-)

Clearly I'm not up with all the stuff, as the instructions seem a little hard to find. Mostly little things like the button combination to get into the recovery mode once Amon-RA is installed. It just makes a half hour job end up lasting a few hours! The instructions are out there, somewhere, just not always easy and obvious to find and not all in one place.

Guest milun

Do I need every time when instaling aplication, to do move dalvik cavhe on the card.

Becasuse I move cache, and the memory free. But when I install more aplicaton memory decrease

Guest goce.nakov
Do I need every time when instaling aplication, to do move dalvik cavhe on the card.

Becasuse I move cache, and the memory free. But when I install more aplicaton memory decrease

After moving Dalvik reboot your phone.

Guest bindi

Anyone tried moving dalvik cache with Transcend 8GB Class 6 card...I guess it should be fast enough for normal use unless someone have experienc otherwise. Also reading from the post below, I will try to go through how to use ADB, but what do you need in ADB to move dalvik cache to SD?