[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
That's the thing I don't get: I've never installed Tre - but your Tre-based FLB v1.0 is running like a charm on my Pulse. Others have (HW) problems even after installing Tre followed by FLB v1.0. Now THAT'S weird :(

It is weird. I'm on my second Pulse device and FLB-Mod with Tre kernel works perfectly fine on it. I guess there are just some faulty devices out there.

Guest igor_anta
It is weird. I'm on my second Pulse device and FLB-Mod with Tre kernel works perfectly fine on it. I guess there are just some faulty devices out there.

So just to confirm, you're using FLB 1.2 with Tre kernel on top of the Hungarian 2.1 right? And no problems and no pink highlight? When is this arriving:) Cheers!

Guest biron_w

The tre FLB rom working fine on my pulse as well. I only went on to the 1.1 rom because of the super user issue. I'll be using the tre 1.2 when it is available :(

Guest solongmarriane
Hi Flibble, I tried the ADW launcher zip you supplied on the first page with Swype and FLB 1.1, and still have the same problem. I also went back to FLB 1.0 to check if I had used up all my installs and Swype installed correctly the first attempt. I can't decide if I need Swype so much I stick with the older ROM or change to a newer ROM and live without it :(

I would be interested to hear from anyone with Swype working on 1.1, I have the HU 2.1 update and the small fix that it required, if someone has it working and used the Tre update I will try that.

I love Swype so much I had to go back to 1.0 so I could use it. :P :P B)

I think I have to agree with the "ever expanding LauncherPro" theory. Certainly something in 1.1 messes with a few of my apps. None of my GPS trackers (MyTracks, Endomondo) would run consistently in 1.1. They just seemed to stop for no reason.

I love 1.0 and I'm sticking with that for now, although some of the lovely new features that flibble has mentioned will seriously tempt me to try the next release :(

Guest darkdevil1
I think that that Zeam is the lightest...

I'm trying it right now but I still have LP+ as default one.

First impressions?

Guest Delta1292

just a thought for future versions, is there anyway to change the tmob boot up to the stock Huawei one (white bg with red Huawei) and also after changing the boot image i still get the unanimated "andriod" is there anyway to get rid of this as well?

First impressions?

Well it was ok. Kinda strange, but ok.

After that 1 I tried Helix and was even faster.

I think they would be even better after making them the default launchers by flashing and not with the application home switcher or something.

Can some1 make those flashable for thr flb-mod?

Guest Simon O
just a thought for future versions, is there anyway to change the tmob boot up to the stock Huawei one (white bg with red Huawei) and also after changing the boot image i still get the unanimated "andriod" is there anyway to get rid of this as well?

Yep. Flash the Tre 2.1 official rom to your phone. This will remove all t-mobile branded and replace with Huawei branding.

Yep. Flash the Tre 2.1 official rom to your phone. This will remove all t-mobile branded and replace with Huawei branding.

Any link?

and do you think that flb-mod 1.1 will run faster on the TRE 2.1 or T-Mo hungary 2.1?

and also when is flb-mod 1.2 coming becasue i need to know if its worth flashing my phone with TRE 2.1 now and then installing flb 1.1 on it?

thanks

Guest dazzerh
Hi Flibble, I tried the ADW launcher zip you supplied on the first page with Swype and FLB 1.1, and still have the same problem. I also went back to FLB 1.0 to check if I had used up all my installs and Swype installed correctly the first attempt. I can't decide if I need Swype so much I stick with the older ROM or change to a newer ROM and live without it :(

I would be interested to hear from anyone with Swype working on 1.1, I have the HU 2.1 update and the small fix that it required, if someone has it working and used the Tre update I will try that.

I am running FLB-Mod v1.0 beta 3 and had problems reinstalling Swype. Post #3 solved it for me... How-to-swype topic. Might be worth a try.

Guest Simon O
Any link?

and do you think that flb-mod 1.1 will run faster on the TRE 2.1 or T-Mo hungary 2.1?

and also when is flb-mod 1.2 coming becasue i need to know if its worth flashing my phone with TRE 2.1 now and then installing flb 1.1 on it?

thanks

FLB 1.2 will be released within the next two weeks hopefully. I've got quite a lot of other things to do at the moment and I don't want to rush a release out again. You can flash the tre rom now and use the current flb rom without any issues.

You can download the official Tre update from http://www.tre.se/Global/dload.rar

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Paulmezza81
FLB 1.2 will be released within the next two weeks hopefully. I've got quite a lot of other things to do at the moment and I don't want to rush a release out again. You can flash the tre rom now and use the current flb rom without any issues.

You can download the official Tre update from http://www.tre.se/Global/dload.rar

How do you actually update your device to that? If I put it into Update Mode, it says Preparing Update, then says Update Failed.

Do I need to go into recovery mode instead and do something there somehow?

Guest gusthy
How do you actually update your device to that? If I put it into Update Mode, it says Preparing Update, then says Update Failed.

Do I need to go into recovery mode instead and do something there somehow?

If you UNRAR it, you will find an UPDATA.APP in it.

Guest Paulmezza81
If you UNRAR it, you will find an UPDATA.APP in it.

Yes but where do i put that/what do i use to update it with that file?

All I have tried tells me update failed.

Looking on the thread about the tre 2.1 update it seems people have had that problem too

Guest goce.nakov
Yes but where do i put that/what do i use to update it with that file?

All I have tried tells me update failed.

Looking on the thread about the tre 2.1 update it seems people have had that problem too

You got pinned topic with excellent guide.......

search the forums.....

Guest Paulmezza81
You got pinned topic with excellent guide.......

search the forums.....

Could you please point me to the guide which talks through updating to the tre 2.1 update?

I cant see anything except guides to the hungarian 2.1

Guest goce.nakov
Could you please point me to the guide which talks through updating to the tre 2.1 update?

It is the same way

Guest Paulmezza81

I had to go back to the official 1.5

Then update through the option in the settings

Now its installing

Guest Simon O
I had to go back to the official 1.5

Then update through the option in the settings

Now its installing

Yeah sorry, you have to use the time machine as you've found out.

Guest Paulmezza81
Or you can use FLB-Mod which will work fine. Up to you really.

Im gonna go with the rooted one from the link till youve got 1.2 done.