[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest meinnit

Just wondering whether setting minfree settings (/sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree, AutoKiller etc) is having a negative effect. I find that after I have used a memory intensive application, LauncherPro redraws its icons or sometimes disappears completely and takes a second or two to reload. This is obviously because the free memory threshold has been reached so Android starts killing apps, including LauncherPro.

I would really like to know how much memory LauncherPro, ADW and stock launcher use. I would like to install the one that uses the least :(

BTW, I am using AutoKiller preset Optimum (40,50,60). I think fib is using 30,35,40 so my settings are a bit more aggressive.

Edited by meinnit

Guest meinnit
Guys is there a guide to using apps2sd, have looked everywhere to no avail.

If you have followed the install instructions for 2.1 and partitioned your SD card then simply type 'a2sd check' on shell prompt to check the status.

Guest fredewis

wow i just think some people need to read privious post becouse they relly answere it all.i my self find my self tracing back to answer my own questions just think people should read before adding coments that are answer 2 pages befor.

Guest adam p

Updated my Pulse to v1.1 and still having problems with Music stopping while browsing the Internet at the same time. When I flip to Music to restart it I often get acore Force Close/Wait messages. I have 30 to 35M of available memory and I've removed widgets from my desktop, but still have this problem.

With v1.1 Titanium Backup is not re-associating apps with the Market - I think this might be due to the memory management (a la Auto Killer) killing Titanium while the Android installer is installing an app, as Titanium has to completely re-initialise when it is returned to and therefore doesn't complete the Market association or the data restore if choosen (this has to be re-run seperatley)

I'm going to try ADW Launcher to see if this makes a difference

Guest meinnit
Updated my Pulse to v1.1 and still having problems with Music stopping while browsing the Internet at the same time. When I flip to Music to restart it I often get acore Force Close/Wait messages. I have 30 to 35M of available memory and I've removed widgets from my desktop, but still have this problem.

With v1.1 Titanium Backup is not re-associating apps with the Market - I think this might be due to the memory management (a la Auto Killer) killing Titanium while the Android installer is installing an app, as Titanium has to completely re-initialise when it is returned to and therefore doesn't complete the Market association or the data restore if choosen (this has to be re-run seperatley)

As a small workaround you could try downloading AutoKiller from Market and setting to the Default setting and see if you still get the issue.

Guest fredewis

hi i know wat you are going trough, it used to happen to me aswel. i found that by using vanilla music player from the market stoped this problem or another option is (music player)<app name from the market works great and has more features then vanilla player. eg: lyrics search and so on hope this solves your problem.

Guest Simon O

the random acore messages are annoying me a lot these days and I'm trying a lot of methods to try and stop them happening. Music player has been replaced with the stock player ready for 1.2

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen

Special characters, like the é or è or ë.

I cannot find those in the FLB 1.1 keyboard layout.

Is this also an issue with the used font?!

Guest adam p
As a small workaround you could try downloading AutoKiller from Market and setting to the Default setting and see if you still get the issue.

Thanks for this - I installed AutoKiller and set to default, and Titanium then worked correctly and reassociated restored apps with the Market (and was able to restore data at the same time)

I'll have to see how my Pulse performs in general and decide whether to stick with the default Android memory settings or just change them when I need to do restores

Guest Totyasrác
Special characters, like the é or è or ë.

I cannot find those in the FLB 1.1 keyboard layout.

Is this also an issue with the used font?!

I haven't tried 1.1 but keyboard layout depends on the actual keyboard. I started to use HTC_ime, but Touchpal also supports that (I guess you need to install some language support for that though).

Guest adam p
the random acore messages are annoying me a lot these days and I'm trying a lot of methods to try and stop them happening. Music player has been replaced with the stock player ready for 1.2

Hi Flibble - I installed ADW Launcher last night and didn't have any issues this morning on my way to work with listening to music while browsing the web (no music stops or acore force close/wait messages)

It would appear that LauncherPro is causing this issue, which is a shame as I prefer it (particularly the dock bar)

I'll see how things go with v1.2 when it is available

Guest adam p
hi i know wat you are going trough, it used to happen to me aswel. i found that by using vanilla music player from the market stoped this problem or another option is (music player)<app name from the market works great and has more features then vanilla player. eg: lyrics search and so on hope this solves your problem.

Thanks for the tip - I've installed ADW which seems to have resolved my problem - I'm going to wait for v1.2 which is going to have vanilla music player included, unless my issue reoccurs in which case I'll follow your advice

Guest Daz555
Yep it is

Excellent, cheers mate.

Have about 20 apps installed (one of which was over 9MB) and still showing around 65MB free so it looks like A2SD is working.

Edited by Daz555

Guest bindi
Excellent, cheers mate.

Have about 20 apps installed (one of which was over 9MB) and still showing around 65MB free so it looks like A2SD is working.

I have only 10-12 apps installed and biggest is 15mb and 2 big ones are 6 mb (google maps and 1 other!) each others are lot less than 1 mb but maximum I seen so far is 51mb free which goes down to the levels of 31 mb when using. I am using A2SD with Dalvik moved to SD as well. Using FLB1.0 with ADW launcher.

Guest bindi
google maps are updated, can we have this in the next release? :(

Apologies if it sound like a stupid question but are we supposed to update google maps from market or this is included in system apps? What may happpen if I update from market like normal apps?

Guest Azurren
Apologies if it sound like a stupid question but are we supposed to update google maps from market or this is included in system apps? What may happpen if I update from market like normal apps?

Just update it from the market.

Same goes to all pre-installed FLB apps (That I know of)