[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Totyasrác
Woooooooow !!!

using flb 1.0, installed new a2sd 2.7.5 RC1...

then

a2sd lowmem-optimum

and "tweak" from here

Removing unneeded things from 2.1

35-51!MB free RAM

I must say that this setup seems the most stablest and fastest rom for now!!!!!!!

Two questions:

1. With only a2sd parametrization how much free RAM do you have?

2. Since Darktremor's a2sd 2.7.5 preview 2 (the one bulit into FLB v1.0) doesn't support this command - how can someone upgrade a2sd?

Sounds pretty promising!

Guest vasillek
Two questions:

1. With only a2sd parametrization how much free RAM do you have?

2. Since Darktremor's a2sd 2.7.5 preview 2 (the one bulit into FLB v1.0) doesn't support this command - how can someone upgrade a2sd?

Sounds pretty promising!

1. Not sure what are you asking about, 35-51MB - these are advanced task manager values, a2sd lowmem-optimum (it seems the same as setting it by autokiller, which does not work with rc1)

2. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7025105

just flash zip

I think that heaviest memory upgrade is to delete files as http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...hings-from-2-1/

if you dont need bluetooth...

One small bonus - the beautiest font http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=643544

Copy with rootexplorer to system/fonts

Guest Totyasrác
1. Not sure what are you asking about, 35-51MB - these are advanced task manager values, a2sd lowmem-optimum (it seems the same as setting it by autokiller, which does not work with rc1)

You got it right though - my question was how much free RAM did you have with only lowmwm-optimum setting (without erasing unnecessary system stuff).

Otherwise I think it should work some different way than Autokiller - or at least it should I guess :(

I'll try that, cheers - flash via recovery if I understand it right?

Will try the other stuff later on - I'm still awaiting some experiences from the other guys (and on the other hand I use BT with my car handsfree set every day so that's not really an option...

Guest vasillek
You got it right though - my question was how much free RAM did you have with only lowmwm-optimum setting (without erasing unnecessary system stuff).

Otherwise I think it should work some different way than Autokiller - or at least it should I guess :(

I'll try that, cheers - flash via recovery if I understand it right?

Will try the other stuff later on - I'm still awaiting some experiences from the other guys (and on the other hand I use BT with my car handsfree set every day so that's not really an option...

1. about 28-45

2. Yes, flash through recovery.

I think that it is great update to 1.0, when you want to keep Tre kernel. (seems much smoother for me, i have original sweden tre rom with huawei boot logo, i so hate PURPLE - espresso mod 2.0 vanilla)

Edited by vasillek

Guest MaToNeo

Hi guys,

watch this forum carefully but I have never seen such issue - I have automatic time synchronization through provider network and sometimes clock is shifted even a few hours (and once I saw minutes go backwards :( ). Then I have to switch off/on the network (airplane mode on/off for instance) and clock is synchronized properly again - temporarily. It doesnt matter if I am using 2G or 3G. It is weird and unpleasant since I use pulse as an alarm clock :(

I am on FLB-MOD 1.1 over HU official update without custom patch now but on 1.0 beta I have used before it was the same.

@flibblesan, do you think the Tre kernel could solve this issue? I doubt that it due to lack of RAM.

Guest brack
Hi guys,

watch this forum carefully but I have never seen such issue - I have automatic time synchronization through provider network and sometimes clock is shifted even a few hours (and once I saw minutes go backwards :( ). Then I have to switch off/on the network (airplane mode on/off for instance) and clock is synchronized properly again - temporarily. It doesnt matter if I am using 2G or 3G. It is weird and unpleasant since I use pulse as an alarm clock :(

I am on FLB-MOD 1.1 over HU official update without custom patch now but on 1.0 beta I have used before it was the same.

@flibblesan, do you think the Tre kernel could solve this issue? I doubt that it due to lack of RAM.

Have the same issue, thought its the provider problem but since im not alone, maybe it is not? I solved it by disabling automatic time and setting up clock synchronizer from market, don't remember what its called but I think something like clocksync.

Edited by brack

Guest sNaiL94
Had thisproblem too, unti i realised, that genie widget had stoped working and was restarting all the time. Also Fancywidget catches a a great part of mycpu time.

Waiting for 1.2 too :(

I have got no widget :(

Guest MaToNeo
Have the same issue, thought its the provider problem but since im not alone, maybe it is not? I solved it by disabling automatic time and setting up clock synchronizer from market, don't remember what its called but I think something like clocksync.

Yeah it is clocksync but its yet another application for something that should works natively. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

BTW, what kernel you have installed - HU or Tre ?

Guest Totyasrác
Mm the latest Darktremor works lovely. I'll add this to FLB :(

Yeah, appears to work nicely :(

Wondering if the "low level memory manager" will do the job - now it's set to "lowmem-optimum", we'll see :P

Guest fredewis
Thanks for the tip - I've installed ADW which seems to have resolved my problem - I'm going to wait for v1.2 which is going to have vanilla music player included, unless my issue reoccurs in which case I'll follow your advice

im glad i could help

Guest darkdevil1
Let's see this one :(

I'm feeling lucky, downloading now!

Also, Fibble, I love how you keep giving estimated release dates that are weeks ahead of your actual release dates :(

Edit: Is it required to have flashed Tre update before getting the FLB with tre kernel? I've only had T-Mobile Hu flashed

Edited by darkdevil1

Guest Totyasrác
Let's see this one :P

Boot seems to be stuck at red Huawei screen - been there for quite a few minutes now :(

Edit: well, took one more minute :P Let's set this up for myself :(

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest Simon O
I'm feeling lucky, downloading now!

Also, Fibble, I love how you keep giving estimated release dates that are weeks ahead of your actual release dates :(

Edit: Is it required to have flashed Tre update before getting the FLB with tre kernel? I've only had T-Mobile Hu flashed

Nope. Some people have reported that the Tre version works fine without having flashed the tre update. But if you have any problems then it might be a good idea to flash the official tre update. But you will need to use time machine and install 1.5 again then the tre update.

Guest Simon O
Boot seems to be stuck at red Huawei screen - been there for quite a few minutes now :(

Edit: well, took one more minute :P Let's set this up for myself :(

So it's finished booting now? It does take longer than normal as the caches need to be created.

Guest darkdevil1
Nope. Some people have reported that the Tre version works fine without having flashed the tre update. But if you have any problems then it might be a good idea to flash the official tre update. But you will need to use time machine and install 1.5 again then the tre update.

rgr thanks. Any pros to doing this before installing FLB, aside from if I run into trouble, or is it essentially the same as the hu-update apart from the branding?

Edit: I get the same problem loading widget message as the guy below me :(

Edit2: No touchscreen sadly, I'll have to timemachine back to 1.5 and then grab tre before grabbing FLB-tre. Oh well, tommorow! Gnight and thanks for another quick and awesome release :(

Edit3: Reboot seems to have fixed the touchscreen, strange

Edited by darkdevil1

Guest Totyasrác
So it's finished booting now? It does take longer than normal as the caches need to be created.

Yeah, contacts already arrived from gmail acc, just installing Market stuffa :(

What is the preinstalled widget? It says problem loading widget :(

Guest Simon O
Yeah, contacts already arrived from gmail acc, just installing Market stuffa :(

What is the preinstalled widget? It says problem loading widget :(

It's supposed to be Fancy Widget.. I guess I really messed up a setting somewhere. Just drag it to the trash and add it again, it'll work fine.

Guest Simon O

Oh one more thing, the dialer. Some people will probably not like the use of the old dialer as it's a bit boring looking. I will try and get this themed though :(

Guest ogiogi
Oh one more thing, the dialer. Some people will probably not like the use of the old dialer as it's a bit boring looking. I will try and get this themed though :(

This is the dialer from the original espresso theme. Looks better than the stock one :(. BTW why did you switch to the stock dialer. TRE's dialer contact search is the best.

post-656233-1280446586_thumb.png

Contacts.zip

Guest Simon O
This is the dialer from the original espresso theme. Looks better than the stock one :P. BTW why did you switch to the stock dialer. TRE's dialer contact search is the best.

post-656233-1280446586_thumb.png

Contacts.zip

It kept causing acore errors. And the stock has contact search too. Press Menu, click search. Type first letter and it'll show you all contacts that start with that letter etc.

I'm trying to get FLB-Mod back to being stable. Something since 1.0 was causing the Huawei/Tre dialer to have acore errors which seemed to be caused by some SIM process. The Pulse Mini custom rom changed back to the stock dialer for this reason. It seemed to break sim contacts also.

Anyway everything can be customised. I'd like the stock to be customised :(

Oh and that screenshot IS the stock dialer app. It's just been themed. I'll download it now and test it thanks :(

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
rgr thanks. Any pros to doing this before installing FLB, aside from if I run into trouble, or is it essentially the same as the hu-update apart from the branding?

Edit: I get the same problem loading widget message as the guy below me :(

Edit2: No touchscreen sadly, I'll have to timemachine back to 1.5 and then grab tre before grabbing FLB-tre. Oh well, tommorow! Gnight and thanks for another quick and awesome release :(

Edit3: Reboot seems to have fixed the touchscreen, strange

The touchscreen issue affects a few people. I would say that for those people you should use time machine and roll back to 1.5 then upgrade the phone with the official 2.1 Tre update, then install recovery and FLB-Mod again.

Guest ogiogi
Oh and that screenshot IS the stock dialer app. It's just been themed. I'll download it now and test it thanks :(

I did dial 352663(flbmod) :(

Edited by ogiogi