[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Ellia
What is your problem with AutoKiller? It does nothing else than what fibble does with th

weaking init.rc, but it is more flexible.

You can do the same with command line, but it is more difficult.

AutoKiller forces a FC for me after each reboot, that's annoying. That are the only FC which I get with FLB.

Guest Theme Ishere

Ok, I bet you are fed up with all the people telling you how brilliant you are fibblesan, but here is another one:

You are brilliant.

I remember when I first put 2.1 on my Pulse and thought "Wow, this is a new phone", but the new 1.2 Version beats that easily. It is snappy as it has never been before, GPS Signal comes instantly and apps open faster than ever.

Ok, in summary:

Thanks!

Guest Simon O
Thanks a lot. I installed it but found the touchscreen doesn't work. Any solution? Thanks.

Touchscreen is known to not work for some people IF you have flashed the Tre version and have never flashed the official Tre update in the past. Sorry. You may have to keep using the TMO version

Flible.....

Do we need to install tre update first for 1.2 tre_ROM ( I did have installed Tre update once)

No. Your phone should be fine with the 1.2 tre version.

i have updated to 1.2 Tre rom. Autorotating is not working for me now, do you have the same experience? Also battery seems to be still weak point.

2flibblesan do you plan to integrate any wired tether (usb) into the rom?

Auto rotation should work. Try it inside an app. If it doesn't work disable the setting from the Settings app and enable again. If it still doesn't work then you will have to either use the TMO version or downgrade to 1.5 and flash the 2.1 Tre ROM before installing FLB.

Wired tether has always been available. Just download the PC Suite available with the official 2.1 rom and install the dialer application for Windows.

The moderate memory management settings is still applied to the init.rc or was there any reason to remove it? I just ask because I don't like AutoKiller.

They are still applied but I've tweaked them slightly due to the low ram in our devices. AutoKiller shouldn't be crashing for you :(

Ok, I bet you are fed up with all the people telling you how brilliant you are fibblesan, but here is another one:

You are brilliant.

I remember when I first put 2.1 on my Pulse and thought "Wow, this is a new phone", but the new 1.2 Version beats that easily. It is snappy as it has never been before, GPS Signal comes instantly and apps open faster than ever.

Ok, in summary:

Thanks!

Thank you! I never get fed up of any feedback good or bad. Good feedback keeps me going, bad feedback lets me know if something is wrong and I do my best to fix it.

Swype's now working :(

Yup, one of the first things I made sure works. LauncherPro really DID take up a lot of memory. And the only 'solution' from Fede was to use a really old LauncherPro version as he won't make a leaner version any more :P

Guest pavlis42
Auto rotation should work. Try it inside an app. If it doesn't work disable the setting from the Settings app and enable again. If it still doesn't work then you will have to either use the TMO version or downgrade to 1.5 and flash the 2.1 Tre ROM before installing FLB.

thx, enabling/disabling doesnt work for me. I am going to flash TMO version and we will see...

Wired tether has always been available. Just download the PC Suite available with the official 2.1 rom and install the dialer application for Windows.

ok, but i think tether which doesnt need any additional sw on the pc side. But in any case i will test it.

Guest meinnit

I could never work out how much RAM LauncherPro was using, it didn't show up as a process.

Fib, what are the memory settings you use for 1.2? I would like to create this as a custom setting in AutoKiller.

Not installed 1.2 yet btw but 1.0 worked pretty well apart from the low memory issues :(

Guest Simon O
Tmo doesnt wont to boot, installing stock 2.1 hungary xD

Might be worth you doing a full time machine wipe and install 1.5 again then 2.1 etc

The phone booted and I typed in my google account info, once I was done, the screen turned black, only the notificationbar showing...

EDIT: There we go.

Edited by Guest

Guest dodge-167
Might be worth you doing a full time machine wipe and install 1.5 again then 2.1 etc

Ok, did that. Now im again installing 1.2 tre....

EDIT: Tre still doesnt wont to boot...

Edited by dodge-167

Guest kxfiles

Just flashed TRE 1.2. Good Rom and fine. But I like 1.1 Dialer and Launch Pro more. The following is my update arrange in order:

Hong Kong PCCW U-Android (1.5) -> U8 -> Dload (CHT8000 repair dload - 334k) -> UK T-Mobile rom (24-5-2010) -> 2.1 Hungarian Rom -> FLB 1.0 -> FLB 1.1 -> FLB 1.2

Each FLB rom is fine and nothing problem in boot, install and run.

thanks flibblesan.

Guest demetr1os

Until now I didnt have any problem with your previous ROM, but with version 1.2 I cannot install none of them, after Installation Reboots all the time..

I will go back to version 1.. thanks for your help and your work...

Guest stealthstealer

is there gonna be a flashable launcherPro zip, or have you decided that it's actually not a good move and causes problems with the rom?

In ADW is there a way to have the nice froyo style icons on the dock, or 3D drawer, thats my main reason for preferring launcherPro.

oh and any way to wipe dalvik/ext 3 from Amon ra??

Thanks

Edited by stealthstealer

Guest Totyasrác
is there gonna be a flashable launcherPro zip, or have you decided that it's actually not a good move and causes problems with the rom?

It was stated ~100 times that LP consumes too much memory causing problems... Please read, or use the search function on Modaco.

oh and any way to wipe dalvik/ext 3 from Amon ra??

Thanks

There IS a way to wipe data+ext, and also to wipe Dalvik. It can be found (tadammmm) under Wipe in AmonRA. Have you ever seen Amon before?

Guest stealthstealer
It was stated ~100 times that LP consumes too much memory causing problems... Please read, or use the search function on Modaco.

There IS a way to wipe data+ext, and also to wipe Dalvik. It can be found (tadammmm) under Wipe in AmonRA. Have you ever seen Amon before?

i think you'll find thatt attempting to wipe dalvik gives an error "run in abd", for me anyway. Same with wiping "ext". And i am very aware launcherPro is using lots of memory and causing some issues, but i directly asked whether it's been decided that it is not worth using in the rom anymore.

Guest whackster
i think you'll find thatt attempting to wipe dalvik gives an error "run in abd", for me anyway. Same with wiping "ext". And i am very aware launcherPro is using lots of memory and causing some issues, but i directly asked whether it's been decided that it is not worth using in the rom anymore.

No one is stopping you from using what ever launcher you prefer... until there is a system version (if there ever is one) it makes no difference if you download it from market and use it like that... and you can do that anytime you feel like it :(

And if amon-ra doesn't work for you can delete the dalvik cache manually, its located in /data/dalvik-cache/ just delete everything and reboot.

Edited by whackster

Guest stealthstealer
No one is stopping you from using what ever launcher you prefer... until there is a system version (if there ever is one) it makes no difference if you download it from market and use it like that... and you can do that anytime you feel like it :(

And if amon-ra doesn't work for you can delete the dalvik cache manually, its located in /data/dalvik-cache/ just delete everything and reboot.

does it make no difference if i just download it from the market then? 'cus before i've always pushed it to system/app, manually deleting the launcher already there, and renaming launcherpro to just "launcher.apk". Thought this sped things up?

Thanks

Guest whackster
does it make no difference if i just download it from the market then? 'cus before i've always pushed it to system/app, manually deleting the launcher already there, and renaming launcherpro to just "launcher.apk". Thought this sped things up?

Thanks

Other than a placebo effect, Ich don't think so... It might speed things up a little simply because its not being read from the sd card, other than that, no difference whatsoever.

Guest nick_sub

Sorry, this is a very similar question to goce.nakov's but if I have never installed the 2.1 Tre update before should I do that first before installing the FLB Tre-based version? Thanks.

Guest sbadger
Sorry, this is a very similar question to goce.nakov's but if I have never installed the 2.1 Tre update before should I do that first before installing the FLB Tre-based version? Thanks.

I haven't either (only ever used T-Mobile HU 2.1) and the Tre-based version is working perfectly well.