30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest toxic-hero

with r5 i can't mount SD card to my (ubuntu linux) computer. i have debugging checked, but when i connect my phone to my computer i don't get the choice what to do like on r4b3. i don't have pc sync installed because i also haven't needed it to mount SD on r4b3. any suggestions?

Edited by toxic-hero

Guest Richard K. Szabo

I am currently on Linux "reaktor4 2.6.32-22-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 3 22:02:19 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux"

and had no problems mounting my sdcard through the phone.

Verify

Menu > Settings > Connect To PC =

Default connection type: Charge only

Ask me [checked]

with r5 i can't mount SD card to my (ubuntu linux) computer. i have debugging checked, but when i connect my phone to my computer i don't get the choice what to do like on r4b3. i don't have pc sync installed because i also haven't needed it to mount SD on r4b3. any suggestions?

Guest Richard K. Szabo

You should do a "adb logcat" during the boot-process or when the program was first detected (when the program launcher shows your programs)

i first deleted 2.1 calculator and than put 1.5 version to /system/app but i can't find it among installed applications. any suggestions?

Guest Arcalius
Ok, so the process.gapp problem is solved. But is anyone else getting a settings force close when trying to.edit your apn settings? I have had to go back to r4 as I cannot see a way around it. Besides I am not really all that technically minded when it comes to these roms.

Nobody else getting this?

Guest crashd

I have this problem too, I think it's a problem with Sense+2.1 generally as I didn't get it on Vanilla roms (AOSP)

I listen to synced playlists (both local and Spotify files) whilst the phone is in my pocket, asleep, whilst I'm commuting on the London Underground, but find that Spotify seems to stop/pause after a song has ended.

Reaching into my pocket and tapping a button to bring the phone out of sleep seems to trigger the next song to start.

I've also noticed that any network activity, or phone activity (gmail syncing, wifi going out of range, incoming emails or even just the weather widget doing it's 2.1 full screen sense thing) makes the music crackle, stutter, pause and very rarely force close...

Anyone else experiencing this? (I got NONE of the above with MCR 3.2)

Just tried to bake with some ingredients and got errors.

The uploaded ZIP file is smaller than 10MB.

See ScreenShot with the content ...

Has anyone an idea, what went wrong?

post-198502-1277987507_thumb.png

Edited by Paul

Guest Björn_de

You should replicate your device's directory structure (i.e. /data, /system etc.) in the ZIP file <<<--- see this line in the online kitchen @ site one of this thread.

You should replicate your device's directory structure (i.e. /data, /system etc.) in the ZIP file <<<--- see this line in the online kitchen @ site one of this thread.

it is replicated, look at the top line on the screenshot. To show the content, I moved to /data/app/ in the zip file ...

Just made a new update.zip without WaveSecure, but after flashing WS is still there. I wiped everything ...

Deinstall in the application settings won't work.

How can I get rid of it? Is the kitchen broken?

Edited by hpk

No, I just confirmed wavesecure is only in the wavesecure package!

P

Hmm, thanks for checking it. So I download it again and reflash.

Did a nandroid restore -> no Wavesecure, then I reflashed update.zip and it was back again ...

Guest TheMrMay

Flashed my Hero with Modaco r5, and the A2.1 update is excellent.

However, when I turn the phone on, it enters a never ending boot loop, when the SD card is in the phone. Without an SD card in the slot, it boots as normal.

An issue for Paul to fix? Has anyone else had this?

And how can I fix it!

Guest e2zippo

However, when I turn the phone on, it enters a never ending boot loop, when the SD card is in the phone. Without an SD card in the slot, it boots as normal.

And how can I fix it!

I tried flashing twice and it ended up in boot loops, installed another rom in between and now it boots correctly.

Thanks Paul!

I did a nandroid backup, wipe and then repartitioned my SD card with the recovery console, mounted and copied over the update.zip and flashed MCR 4 r5 with no problems at all.

2.1 is noticably more responsive than 1.5 once it has booted at least for me.

Guest lycrawearer

Couple of things that I have noticed with R5;

I'm getting an awful lot of FC error messages relating to Google Apps ... and I also use Juice Defender & Ultimate Juice. The latest version cannot auto-detect the CPU frequencies (whereas the latest version of VillainRom does) - guessing it must be something to do with the custom kernel ?

Any idea's ?

Lycrawearer

Guest philos64

I've a problem with my bluetooth connection. When I try to be connected I've this message:

java.io. IOException: java.io. IOException: socket failed to connect.

I had the same problem with MCR4 R3

Guest merccyboy
I have this problem too, I think it's a problem with Sense+2.1 generally as I didn't get it on Vanilla roms (AOSP)

I got this with Spotify on Modaco r4 but don't get it using the 2.1 version 42turkeys posted.

And how can I fix it!

try http://android.modaco.com/content-page/310...-2-1/page/560/#

TBX

Edited by TBX

Guest Kytrix
Upgrade your Recovery image to v1.6.2, and you won't face this problem because any version before v1.6.2 sometimes face this problem.

Thank you :lol: it works after Recovery Update

Guest mkrogh
Me too, what is this process anyway ??

Same error here....

Rom was /is really buggy.

Installed Villain instead.

Much better at this time.

Maybe Paul has left the Hero Behind :lol:

BR

MKrogh

Can anyone think of a reason why when I try to use adb with 2.1 r4 I get a 'device not found' error i have usb debugging switched on.

:lol: No driver installed on PC, problem solved.

Edited by hp1