30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Richard K. Szabo

You can with the Custom Ingredients.

/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip

Being able to add a boot logo would be super wicked for the kitchen.

I had one on MCR 3 that was a sort of channel tuning in and finished on MoDaCo, I loved that boot animation, but the update.zip doesn't work with mcr4 pr ;)

Guest toxic-hero
Thanks for the link, but I use a Ext3 (not 4) partition...??

just wipe the damn ext partition and all will be ok i think. ;-)

Guest lemmingzappa

Can anyone tell my why my phone takes a while to update the clock when I unlock the screen ?

I have to wait a few seconds until it shows the real time, could it be related to JuiceDefender ?

Guest sik_gerar

ok, tried this release. with the a2sd version i had the same loop problem as a lot of people, it seems like it will not mount ext partition under /system/sd so it cannot create the folders and so on. tried the non-a2sd version and it is working fine, but it still won't mount the ext partition so cannot do a2sd by hand.

i had this very same problem on a spica, and couldn't solve it until next version was released. if you paul could fix this it would be awesome..

Guest toxic-hero
reflashed and got it working, but still have no idea where should I install the updated radio. I from Malaysia.

you install the radio the same way you installed the rom.

Edited by toxic-hero

Guest zefer

I flashed this r4 build 3 a few days ago and it has been great. I came from MCR 3.2, but this new ROM feels much snappier. I didn't mess around, I formatted and partitioned my SD and wiped everything (using latest AmonRA recovery), flashed the Apps2Sd ROM and the radio, and it booted first time.

My only issue is that the Facebook for Sense application keeps failing to sync my Facebook contacts, so all my contacts are missing my linked Facebook profile pictures - a small issue but a feature I really like.

Thanks for you hard work.

Opss the default build doesn't have chinese input in it.

Do I need to pack with the online kitchen and reflash again or there's another way to add in?

My android market doesn't seem to show any application, why is that?

Guest Rashidi Zin
Opss the default build doesn't have chinese input in it.

Do I need to pack with the online kitchen and reflash again or there's another way to add in?

My android market doesn't seem to show any application, why is that?

For the chinese input, you can download the zip file and flash it.

As for Android market, have you flash the radio? I'm not sure if that help.

For the chinese input, you can download the zip file and flash it.

As for Android market, have you flash the radio? I'm not sure if that help.

My android market working already.

which zip file do I download? I downloaded 1 from xda-developer, after flash my touch input not working

"the application touch input (process com.htc.android.htcime) has stopped unexpectedly" Do I need to reflash again or just update with the correct zip file?

I'm at the verge of reflashing it again >_<" now I can't bring up the keyboard.

Edited by nles

Guest AzMean
You can with the Custom Ingredients.

/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip

i did this but my custom boot animation did not appear, it was just playing the boot up sound and a blank screen.

What i did was, i copied the original bootanimation.zip and copied onto my PC desktop, extracted it, unset the Read-only attributes and edited the original HTC boot animation (added some text, frame by frame).

I saved the edited PNG into the zip file with its original filename and folders. But nothing came up. What gives?

NOTE: i did "mirror" the folder directories as stated for a custom ingrediant.

Guest Skywrit3r
i did this but my custom boot animation did not appear, it was just playing the boot up sound and a blank screen.

What i did was, i copied the original bootanimation.zip and copied onto my PC desktop, extracted it, unset the Read-only attributes and edited the original HTC boot animation (added some text, frame by frame).

I saved the edited PNG into the zip file with its original filename and folders. But nothing came up. What gives?

NOTE: i did "mirror" the folder directories as stated for a custom ingrediant.

When you zip you can't compress it. I did one with normal compression and got a black screen. New zip without compression works

Guest T39andcounting

Finally got this update to work!

I was on MCR 3.2. Tried to update with no Wipe, but got lots of FCs. Tried a wipe and it got stuck in a boot loop. Tried various different versions of the update (with/without A2SD, etc) but they did the same.

Finally, I upgraded my Recovery Image to the latest Amon RA version (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=530492) and it worked!

Anyone having issues with this upgrade, suggest you check you have the latest Recovery Image.

Guest Rashidi Zin
My android market working already.

which zip file do I download? I downloaded 1 from xda-developer, after flash my touch input not working

"the application touch input (process com.htc.android.htcime) has stopped unexpectedly" Do I need to reflash again or just update with the correct zip file?

I'm at the verge of reflashing it again >_<" now I can't bring up the keyboard.

I believe Paul mentioned that you can't have both input methods at the same time. Try uninstalling HTC IME, see whether it works.

Remember to Nandroid first ;)

I believe Paul mentioned that you can't have both input methods at the same time. Try uninstalling HTC IME, see whether it works.

Remember to Nandroid first ;)

I re-flashed already. So now I need to do it the correct way.

Uninstall HTC IME and install HTC CIME is it? anyone care to guide me on this? Thanks.

How to uninstall the HTC IME and which HTC CIME should I download from?

Guest Rashidi Zin
I re-flashed already. So now I need to do it the correct way.

Uninstall HTC IME and install HTC CIME is it? anyone care to guide me on this? Thanks.

How to uninstall the HTC IME and which HTC CIME should I download from?

Try to browse in XDA forum. I think it should be there.

By the way, I've just flash the ROM. I seem to bumped into number of problems:

1. I can't change my lock screen wallpaper, the settings keep on crashes.

2. It doesn't detect my 3G connection.

3. A process called *.bg keep on crashing as well.

FYI, I'm using Kitchen version without installing Sense. Could that be the reason?

Guest theFRAGGLE
Finally got this update to work!

Anyone having issues with this upgrade, suggest you check you have the latest Recovery Image.

So which version did you use? With A2SD, A2SDplus or without?

Even with the latest Recovery Image I am still getting the bootloop. Just tried the A2SDplus version with the latest recovery...

Try to browse in XDA forum. I think it should be there.

By the way, I've just flash the ROM. I seem to bumped into number of problems:

1. I can't change my lock screen wallpaper, the settings keep on crashes.

2. It doesn't detect my 3G connection.

3. A process called *.bg keep on crashing as well.

FYI, I'm using Kitchen version without installing Sense. Could that be the reason?

I tried the one from xda-developer, after I flash im getting this error msg

"the application touch input chinese (process com.htc.android.cime) has stopped unexpectedly"

Guest Rashidi Zin
I tried the one from xda-developer, after I flash im getting this error msg

"the application touch input chinese (process com.htc.android.cime) has stopped unexpectedly"

It force closed. Perhaps try to get the log using adb logcat and see what actually happens.

Guest T39andcounting
So which version did you use? With A2SD, A2SDplus or without?

Even with the latest Recovery Image I am still getting the bootloop. Just tried the A2SDplus version with the latest recovery...

It worked for me using A2SDplus, although I did do a full wipe before the install in the end. Maybe there's a problem with your SD card config?

Guest Kytrix

I have a question:

When I try the first Taiwanese 2.1 repack ROM, and this R4b3 I get the same "problem":

before flashing I backup, then wipe, and then try to clear Dalvik Cache and it doesn't work, I get a message "clear failed, try clear Dalvik Cache from adb"

Is it normal ?

Guest Dr. dre
I have a question:

When I try the first Taiwanese 2.1 repack ROM, and this R4b3 I get the same "problem":

before flashing I backup, then wipe, and then try to clear Dalvik Cache and it doesn't work, I get a message "clear failed, try clear Dalvik Cache from adb"

Is it normal ?

Upgrade your Recovery image to v1.6.2, and you won't face this problem because any version before v1.6.2 sometimes face this problem.

Guest AzMean
When you zip you can't compress it. I did one with normal compression and got a black screen. New zip without compression works

Thanks for the reply.

You mean i need to Bake and Reflash my Hero again? :( can Titanium backup my entire phone including the prefs?

Kind of lazy to go thru the whole process again. ;)

Regards

Edited by AzMean