30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dan Mullen
Works great, but if you bake a rom without "HTC Sync" you cant connect via usb (mass storage). In the Modaco 3.2 you have no "HTC Sync" but the USB connection work. :lol:

That is common with all 2.1 ROMs. Make sure you bake it with HTC Sync included if you want the USB menu.

Guest Yeth Mathter

Locked UK Orange. Flashed over the top of r4 without wipe - new radios but no a2sd and all seems fine. Two reboots, no FC's

No network locked message and data is working fine.

Awaiting delivery of 8GB class 6 card when I'll give a2sd+ a shot.

Just like everyone else here: many, many thanks Paul.

Guest Michael1

I don't think downgrade will work now. Give it a shot but I've heard that HTC fixed the backdoor that we used to downgrade and flash a new recovery.

Guest grasvater
That is common with all 2.1 ROMs. Make sure you bake it with HTC Sync included if you want the USB menu.

Ok, is a 2.1 "issue". A little warning in the kitchen would be great. :lol:

Guest mkrogh

Hi

did a full wipe Sys/dalwik/ext - installed R5.

App2SD does not work.

SD card setup with exd3 (worked on other roms)

Any help ?

Br.

MKrogh

Guest okdac
I had the same issue, rebaked reflashed, problem solved :lol:

Yep, did the same, with the default baking, eveything's fine now...strange but great.

okdac :D

Guest Colin B

Baked and installed forgot to wipe first so just doing a new install to get rid of the one widget which is still in Chinese.

Also maybe a stupid question but the default Calculator in 2.1 is worse than the one in 1.5 any chance that the kitchen can have the option for the 1.5 Calculator ?

But many thanks to Paul for this new EU version, I've updated to plus membership to get this :lol:

Thanks again

Colin

Guest papanatas
I don't think downgrade will work now. Give it a shot but I've heard that HTC fixed the backdoor that we used to downgrade and flash a new recovery.

well i ve downloaded the last rruu of android 1.5 for orange and downgraded succesfully and now i have a custom recovery installed and rooted.

Thanks.

Edited by papanatas

Guest Richard K. Szabo

Use RealCalc.

Baked and installed forgot to wipe first so just doing a new install to get rid of the one widget which is still in Chinese.

Also maybe a stupid question but the default Calculator in 2.1 is worse than the one in 1.5 any chance that the kitchen can have the option for the 1.5 Calculator ?

But many thanks to Paul for this new EU version, I've updated to plus membership to get this :lol:

Thanks again

Colin

Guest vaalva

Hi,

I've just flashed several times r4 build 3 with A2SD in my HTC Hero (no Orange version, just a factory-free one). I previously made an SD repartitioning (with ext3), a full wipe and a reboot. After flashing the ROM and rebooting, I fall in the boot loop with the following errors:

The process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

The application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

And never get out of here.

Any ideas on how to solve that?

Thanks in advance and great job!!

Guest Colin B
That's exactly what I use - I replace the default one with that every time I flash a ROM.

I could do but I quite liked the simple calculator, in 1.5 version from the menu key you could get some sciantific stuff like square root if you wanted.

Guest Colin B

I've re flashed after wipeing to factory and delvick but the chinese widget is still listed when I click add widgets

Any ideas how to get rid of this ?

Thanks

Guest Richard K. Szabo

Are you sure you've baked the r5 and not downloaded the r4?

I'm on r5 after a complete wipe and I have no such widgets.

I've re flashed after wipeing to factory and delvick but the chinese widget is still listed when I click add widgets

Any ideas how to get rid of this ?

Thanks

Guest Dan Mullen
I could do but I quite liked the simple calculator, in 1.5 version from the menu key you could get some sciantific stuff like square root if you wanted.

Just get Calculator.apk from MCR3.2 and put in in /system/app

Guest Colin B
Are you sure you've baked the r5 and not downloaded the r4?

I'm on r5 after a complete wipe and I have no such widgets.

Yep I only become a Plus member today to download the r5 and confirmed version number on my phone from the software information page.

I see the widget when I press the + to add widgets and then list the available widgets its the last one that shows.

Odd might have to re-bake and try again I guess. ?

Guest Björn_de

I flashed with a (complete) wipe a baked ROM with A2SD+ (Davlik-cache on SD).

But APP2SD doesn´t work.

Is it normal, when i use taskiller, the freespace is only 50mb ?

With MCR 3.2 i get at the beginning round about 104-107mb free. After a little time of usage there have been

80-90mb free.

htc-flip-clock&weather: in mcr3.2 i could delete all destinations. so i became the up2date weather about my actuall

destination. in this new release r5 i "must" type in an location.........., but nothing appears under the clock about weather-dates...........

@paul: will there be in the final release the possibility of 360° rotations ?

Edited by Björn_de

Guest Arcalius

Ok, so the process.gapp problem is solved. But is anyone else getting a settings force close when trying to.edit your apn settings? I have had to go back to r4 as I cannot see a way around it. Besides I am not really all that technically minded when it comes to these roms.

Guest crestj

Orange UK Locked. Flashed with baked version including Radios and I've got the Network Locked message.

This was over MCR version 3.2 with a wipe.

Any ideas?