NFX-JC4 with/without extra apps Lite rom

Guest NewForce

Guest wittanny
Seems like my phone just cannot "auto" update weather data of the spb mobile shell & the XTRA -data when connect to the PC internet.

The setting for the both was as per previous which will allow me to auto-updates the above when connect to my PC. ;)

Any one have the same issue??

I'm not using Spb Mobile Shell but XTRA update is working just fine.

Guest NewForce
hey i am curious.. so is GinKage opengl drivers and SDK certs cooked into the lite rom with apps??

No

Hello! The ROM from 06/12 (lite) has the samsung dialer enabled by default?

Thanks

Yes

Guest athulag

Hello

Can someone who has the Singapore rom installed please upload the mainmenu.exe ?

I went from Singapore rom to 6.5.3 JE3. But now I am missing the samsung mainmenu. I do not know how to extract it from the .MST or .nb0 without flashing.

thanks

Guest froggyman
I'm not using Spb Mobile Shell but XTRA update is working just fine.

Thanks for your feedback.

Seems like only mine have the problem.

Will re-check the setting 1 more time.

Thanks.

Guest NewForce
icic thanks... what about mortscript?? i am guessing no??

No also.

Last checked with folks around, they opt for no extra apps. That's how I've cooked my JC4 lite rom.

Guest cjl2010
No also.

Last checked with folks around, they opt for no extra apps. That's how I've cooked my JC4 lite rom.

Hi New Force,

I am newbie. Firstly thanks for your NFX-JC4 lite ROM. It is my 4th time flashing ROM, Original (IJ9)->(JD3)->(IJ9)->(JC4)->(NFX-JC4). Your lite ROM works great, I am looking for this lite ROM for quite some time. One thing I notice that Opera behave very strange, bookmark(s) that save in folder can't be open, unless in 3Dbookmarks mode. This problem also happened in full ROM (JC4). Original ROM (IJ9) won't have this problem. Do you or (anybody) have this problem? My experience is Opera 10 is slower than Opera 9.5 so I don't use it. Any solution for this problem?

Anyway thanks for all your hard works.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Haruji

Hi NewForce.

Thanks for your ROM, I finally flashed this ROM due to the original JC4 being very heavy on bloatware.

So far so good, but I have a few question.

Where can I reinstall back the Samsung Messaging app? I got used to the Samsung threaded messaging software so would appreciate if you can point me to a cab or a link where i can reinstall it back.

I also tried running Ompass World Cities and allow it to connect to internet but i still get Error Code 11, Not Activated.

Thanks for the great ROM.

EDIT : I manage to get Ompass to work by reinstalling it from KIES Samsung Apps. Would appreciate is someone can point me which cab to install to regain the Samsung Messaging threaded SMS/MMS.

Edited by Haruji

Guest NewForce
Hi New Force,

I am newbie. Firstly thanks for your NFX-JC4 lite ROM. It is my 4th time flashing ROM, Original (IJ9)->(JD3)->(IJ9)->(JC4)->(NFX-JC4). Your lite ROM works great, I am looking for this lite ROM for quite some time. One thing I notice that Opera behave very strange, bookmark(s) that save in folder can't be open, unless in 3Dbookmarks mode. This problem also happened in full ROM (JC4). Original ROM (IJ9) won't have this problem. Do you or (anybody) have this problem? My experience is Opera 10 is slower than Opera 9.5 so I don't use it. Any solution for this problem?

Anyway thanks for all your hard works.

I'm not sure about he solution to this Opera problem. Sorry...

Anyone having any remedy to this?

Guest NewForce
Hi NewForce.

Thanks for your ROM, I finally flashed this ROM due to the original JC4 being very heavy on bloatware.

So far so good, but I have a few question.

Where can I reinstall back the Samsung Messaging app? I got used to the Samsung threaded messaging software so would appreciate if you can point me to a cab or a link where i can reinstall it back.

I also tried running Ompass World Cities and allow it to connect to internet but i still get Error Code 11, Not Activated.

Thanks for the great ROM.

EDIT : I manage to get Ompass to work by reinstalling it from KIES Samsung Apps. Would appreciate is someone can point me which cab to install to regain the Samsung Messaging threaded SMS/MMS.

Yuo're welcome! :)

Use a registor editor app go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\JINBOX" and change "ThreadedViewDisabled" value from 1 to 0.

Then for Samsung Messaging, go to \Windows folder to look for "jinbox.lnk" shortcut file and copy and paste it to Windows\Start Menu\Program folder.

You might also want to rename the jinbox.lnk to Message.lnk for that it look familiar to you in Start Menu.

Guest Haruji
Yuo're welcome! :)

Use a registor editor app go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\JINBOX" and change "ThreadedViewDisabled" value from 1 to 0.

Then for Samsung Messaging, go to \Windows folder to look for "jinbox.lnk" shortcut file and copy and paste it to Windows\Start Menu\Program folder.

You might also want to rename the jinbox.lnk to Message.lnk for that it look familiar to you in Start Menu.

Thanks. Got it working. BTW anyway to set the shortcut so it opens up in Inbox default cause right now it open up on folder view mode first =D

Thanks again!

Guest NewForce
Thanks. Got it working. BTW anyway to set the shortcut so it opens up in Inbox default cause right now it open up on folder view mode first =D

Thanks again!

Strange, mine open sms inbox straight away.

Ok, maybe you go to "Windows foklder again and copy "jinboxinbox.lnk" file and paste it to "Windows\Start Menu\Program".

Guest Haruji
Strange, mine open sms inbox straight away.

Ok, maybe you go to "Windows foklder again and copy "jinboxinbox.lnk" file and paste it to "Windows\Start Menu\Program".

Yeah that did the trick.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Xanthou
2010-06-12 update

Finally, after hours of trying, new files upload to Multiupload completed... :)

As per some users requested, I had make another,

I8000NFXJC4 Lite ROM with NO extra apps, Pagepool = 15MB.

Please see below for the download links. Thanks!

New NFX-JC4 Lite ROM no apps memory screenshots

post-31662-1276352680_thumb.png

2010/06/06 - NFX-JC4 WM6.5 Lite rom based on Singapore I8000NXXJC4 rom.

Firstable, many thanks to master twu2.

With his brilliant i8000lite script package file help and some user request,

I had cooked my second English only rom on my own desire with added some extra freewares.

This is a JC4 Lite rom under WM6.5 OS. It is more apps bottom screen icons & battery energy friendly than a WM6.5.3 rom.

My main objective was, to cook a rom with apps that maximise phone resources/abilities to a better extent,

so that most user can use it straight out of the box without installing much softwares, and of course at legal way.

I had cooked my Lite rom's different from what all other rom master has did.

It's with 18MB pagepool, Storage = 174MB, Program memory = 144MB, Free = 83MB.

With 174MB phone memory freespace, one could still install many phone memory hunting apps.

As some of us know, I love to use most of the Omnia2 original apps like, Main Menu, Cube, Samsung WidgetPlus and so on...

So I had kept almost all Omnia2 original built-in apps intact in this lite rom.

Except for changes like below,

Removed apps, files (borrow some of master twu2 mentioning) :

*.rgu files, sample music, sample picture

Help, i8000 book, power on/off sound,

Most mp3 ring, only keep 'Cloudy Tone .mp3', because tclock use this one (as twu2 mentioned)

Google Map (you can get the new version from Google)

My Phone (you can install it from built-in Marketplace)

My Files (you can download this cab from twu2 JE2 Lite thread)

Microsoft IME (you can download this cab from twu2 JE2 Lite thread)

Video Editor (you can download this cab from twu2 JE2 Lite thread)

Smart Search (you can download this cab from twu2 JE2 Lite thread)

Smart Sync (you can download this cab from twu2 JE2 Lite thread)

- master twu2 JE2 Lite thread here, http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-lite-20100514/

Added apps : (Many thanks to all the apps creator's)

Auto-Rotate Config

- a auto-rotate configurator to i8000 built-in Auto Rotate app freeware from Samsung Application Store

Flash Light

- not sure who's the creator, original from this thread, http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...98/flashlight/#

MobileAP

- a phone GPRS/3G/3/5G connection sharing with other devices through Wi-Fi, freeware from Samsung Application Store

Mocha Ftp server

- a phone ftp app that allow you browse/copy/move/paste phone contents on Wi-Fi connection.

- freeware from http://www.mochasoft.dk. (License to=freeware, License key=111425)

OMPASS World Cities

- a Compass/City view feeware from Samsung Application Store

PIM-Data Backup

- a Contact/Msg/Email/Task/Call Log/Data backup freeware PPCPIMBackup from www.dotfred.net

psShutXP

- a phone soft-reset/display-off freeware from ppcsoft.narod.ru/english

Total Commander v2.52b

- a file manager freeware from www.ghisler.com

YouTube Play

- a YouTube video downloader, was able to extract the video sound to a mp3 file after download. (Many thanks to Milesmowbray)

Rename :

Unit Converter from Smart Converter

Schedule from Touch Calendar

Media Player from Touch Player

Changed :

Button 1 = Main Menu

Button 1 Hold = OK/Close

Button 2 = Task Switcher

Button 2 Hold = Flash Light

Silent most camera, screen clicking & system prompting sounds, Disable touch vibration and sound by default

Start menu to 3 rows 12 icons grid with Blue color Hexagon highlighter app selection

Disable XTRA auto GPRS/3G/3.5G connection download when data expired.

Enabled XTRA auto download when ActiveSync and Wi-Fi connected.

Backlight in Automatic mode

MinimumTapTime to 0

Enable vibration for all notification by default

Disable hardware buttons tone by default

Wake up button set to Lock or Power by default

Enable etiquette mode by default

Enable front camera support by default

Set HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneNetSelMode\timeout to 0 by default

Set HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SimContacts\RadioEnableDelay to 0 by default

Enable unicode support for SMS by default

Disable install app security warning

Disable error report function

Enable WM Settings icon

Set HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LowMem\ProgramMem to 96

Enable sound alarms even when the device is set to silent or vibrate

Note:

1. Please use OCTANS Downloader 2.14 or later version to flash this rom.

Download links:

2010-06-12 update - I8000NFXJC4 Lite ROM with NO extra apps, Pagepool = 15MB.

Multiupload links,

Part 1 of 2, http://www.multiupload.com/MGF20HAPJM

Part 2 of 2, http://www.multiupload.com/56YDOIQA6D

Mediafire links,

Part 1 of 2, http://www.mediafire.com/?yjydllm404z

Part 2 of 2, http://www.mediafire.com/?zdtoezztgwk

********************************************************************************

2010-06-09 - I8000NFXJC4 Lite ROM with extra apps, Pagepool = 15MB.

Multiupload links,

Part 1 of 2, http://www.multiupload.com/O1WCASGXCH

Part 2 of 2, http://www.multiupload.com/WWBKUNUX1W

Some screenshots for this NFX-JC4 Lite rom,

hello?

can anyone help me download this file?

as i have seen it has the best battery drain.

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!