2/3rds Beer + 1 part Nexus One = ?

Guest Chief Gribbler

Guest Chief Gribbler

SO out for my birthday dinner last night, my girlfriend being a few beers in, reaches across to grab the dessert menu, knocks my 2/3rds full beer RIGHT on top of my phone which is sitting face up... I grab the phone, turn it over, give it a shake, and a wipe, and then take the case off and take the phone apart.. I let it sit for about 30 mins, and then decided to take a closer look at it. The inside seemed dry, and it didn't look like any moisture under the screen. So I decided what the hell lets fire it up... And it's fine. Thank goodness. Great phone. Love it.. Miss a couple features from my BB Bold, like a keyboard, the voice dialling, speech recognition was fantastic, I also wish the Nexus had the sleep mode that the Bold has.. But, that beer dumped right on the screen survival is amazing. My Bold did survive a complete submersing in a toilet, well sort of survived. Anyway. :)

Guest hah2110
SO out for my birthday dinner last night, my girlfriend being a few beers in, reaches across to grab the dessert menu, knocks my 2/3rds full beer RIGHT on top of my phone which is sitting face up... I grab the phone, turn it over, give it a shake, and a wipe, and then take the case off and take the phone apart.. I let it sit for about 30 mins, and then decided to take a closer look at it. The inside seemed dry, and it didn't look like any moisture under the screen. So I decided what the hell lets fire it up... And it's fine. Thank goodness. Great phone. Love it.. Miss a couple features from my BB Bold, like a keyboard, the voice dialling, speech recognition was fantastic, I also wish the Nexus had the sleep mode that the Bold has.. But, that beer dumped right on the screen survival is amazing. My Bold did survive a complete submersing in a toilet, well sort of survived. Anyway. :)

Great story. There are certain things to miss from a Berry but I think Android is overall better and more functional. There is something about e-mail on a Berry though. Just so stupid easy. I use Touchdown and love it though. FroYo solves your voice dialing over Bluetooth problem though. It is FAST.

Guest thelucster

Heh, lucky save!

Could you elaborate more on what is better in Touchdown? For starters I've never used a Blackberry :) I understand there are a few issues with the standard email app, however I just use Gmail. What are the advantages over this?