Possible to update a nandroid backup onto another hero

Guest Winston69

Guest Winston69

If i put the recovery image onto my girlfriends Hero would it be possible to just use my nandroid backup and copy it to her sdcard and restore it onto her phone? If you follow me?

Guest Winston69

Yeah it makes sense as the phones are identical but wasn't sure what details the nandroid backup used...

Would save me having to copy all the apps etc to her phone after flashing a rom

Guest mkrogh
Yeah it makes sense as the phones are identical but wasn't sure what details the nandroid backup used...

Would save me having to copy all the apps etc to her phone after flashing a rom

Use app monster.

Easy to backup and fast to reinstall apps :)

MKrogh

Guest Zane Lee
Use app monster.

Easy to backup and fast to reinstall apps :)

MKrogh

Nope, that sucks. No market links. Get Titanium Backup for $3.99, batch backup and restore. By the way, perfectly okay to restore a nandroid to another Hero, also extremely easy to remove all Facebook links, and delete contacts. But if your sole purpose is just to transfer apps, you'll be better off with Titanium Backup. I'm sure your phones are already rooted. PM me if you don't want to pay for full version.

26963824.th.png97342065.th.png92318446.th.png26264146.th.png42086079.th.png

They are all backed up to the "TitaniumBackup" folder in your sdcard, then you can transfer that folder to your girlfriend's sdcard and use the "Restore all apps with data" option in your girlfriend's Hero and it will restore all the apps including their settings. They will include market links, meaning your girlfriend can go to the Market and under "My downloads", she will be able to see all the apps there and notified when there's an update available. This is something only Titanium Backup can do, and not the shitty App Monster.

Edited by Zane Lee

PM me if you don't want to pay for full version.

I'd rather not pay for my gas & electric. Can I PM you too? A lot of Android devs are small time. Piracy kills them. Kill the devs & you kill the platform. They also tend to be responsive helpful & generally nice people. Shame on you. I think GWB was at his most eloquent when he summarised: "There's an old...saying in Tennessee...I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once...(3 second pause)... Shame on...(4 second pause)...Shame on you....(6 second pause)...Fool me...Can't get fooled again." -- Nashville, Tennessee, Sept. 17, 2002.