HTC Desire Wi-Fi Problem

Guest petermoncrieff

Guest petermoncrieff

Had a wi-fi problem on my htc desire for a while now..

One time I went to turn wi-fi on and it just said "Unable to start wi-fi". It had worked totally fine up until that point.

I've tried doing a factory reset, rooted, updated rom but it's still not working.

When the problem happened I had not rooted the phone or changed anything really.. it just happened.

In logcat it says:

flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.android.settings/.wifi.WifiSettings bnds=[124,404][236,531] }

D/SettingsWifiEnabler( 548): Received wifi state changed from Enabling to Unknown

W/SyncAllWidget( 151): activeSynch is null false

I/ActivityManager( 79): Displayed activity com.android.settings/.wifi.WifiSettings: 495 ms (total 495 ms)

I/WifiHW ( 79): wifi_load_driver enter

D/SettingsWifiEnabler( 548): Received wifi state changed from Unknown to Enabling

D/dalvikvm( 1805): GC freed 3806 objects / 257536 bytes in 97ms

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 79): onCellLocationChanged [1363,22890]

I/WifiHW ( 79): wifi_load_driver end error 2

E/WifiService( 79): Failed to load Wi-Fi driver.

D/SettingsWifiEnabler( 548): Received wifi state changed from Enabling to Unknown

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

Phone software information:

Firmware version:

2.1-update1

Baseband version:

32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2

Kernel version:

2.6.29-97da29ed

htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Build number:

1.15.405.4 CL155070 release-keys

Software number:

Browser version:

WebKit 3.1

Edited by petermoncrieff

Guest petermoncrieff
Re-flash the radio or flash a different one.

Already tried that. If there's a specific one you would recommend though based on the current one I have (information posted in first post) then please let me know and I can try it out.

Guest petermoncrieff
Have you tried deleting wpa_suppliant.conf and restart the phone?

Thanks, just tried that and everything stays the same :/. Logcat report doesn't change and it's still saying "Unable to start wi-fi" :)

Guest ascot17

Several Orange users have had WiFi problems after installing an OTA update. The ones who had a goldcard in the phone for the update did not get the WiFi problem.

I am wondering therefore if flashing with a goldcard in the phone would help you......?

Guest petermoncrieff
Several Orange users have had WiFi problems after installing an OTA update. The ones who had a goldcard in the phone for the update did not get the WiFi problem.

I am wondering therefore if flashing with a goldcard in the phone would help you......?

I'm not locked to Orange though? It's sim free. Also I got the problem before doing any flashing or updating? The phone was working and then without updating it got the problem :/. It just seemed to come out of nowhere!

Guest craigcrawford1988
I'm not locked to Orange though? It's sim free. Also I got the problem before doing any flashing or updating? The phone was working and then without updating it got the problem :/. It just seemed to come out of nowhere!

I would recommend flashing a stock ROM (one of the executive flash tools) and see what that does.

Guest petermoncrieff
I would recommend flashing a stock ROM (one of the executive flash tools) and see what that does.

How do I do that? What's an executive flash tool?

Thanks.

Guest craigcrawford1988
Ok if I do a nandroid backup then install this rom, if I find that the rom doesn't fix it can I just restore the nandroid backup and will everything be back to normal like it is now? Without having to restore any contacts / settings etc?

Yep.

Guest srooks

I had this problem after the service update last week.

I've managed to rectify the problem without having to do a reflash.

First did a backup.

Then, I entered recovery mode, then performed a wipe-data / clear storage

reboot

wifi works again

Then recovered backup.

Wifi has been reliable so-far.

steve

Guest petermoncrieff

it didn't work, still have the same problem :/

I had this problem after the service update last week.

I've managed to rectify the problem without having to do a reflash.

First did a backup.

Then, I entered recovery mode, then performed a wipe-data / clear storage

reboot

wifi works again

Then recovered backup.

Wifi has been reliable so-far.

steve

didn't work either :/

Guest Nanux

I have the same problem, but mine phone get wet when I was returning from bike ride in heavy rain. Everything is OK except the wifi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest mythfish

The same problem with me. I have re-flash several ROM, but not change. I hope the new office ROM can solve. Or may be the hardware is fault. sadly....