Huawei allowed us to return to 1.5 or whereever we want

Guest gusthy

Guest makmondeja
Makmodeja, did you tried on your chilean u8220-6?

Makmodeja, trataste con tu u8220-6 chileno?

Yep, and I could get back to 1.5 without issues, and there 3G worked :). Back to 2.1 now. 3G not working but I love everything else!!

Guest gusthy
Yep, and I could get back to 1.5 without issues, and there 3G worked :). Back to 2.1 now. 3G not working but I love everything else!!

The forum comes to me with a beer... :)

Guest twrock
Especially I used hungarian T-Mobile 1.5 Dec Update, but you could use any official 1.5 I think...

Sorry, I wasn't clear. After you install this updata, what is the rom?

The standard T-mobile 1.5 rom will not work on my device.

As far as I know, Huawei did not release the 1.5 rom for the CHT8000.

Guest gusthy
Sorry, I wasn't clear. After you install this updata, what is the rom?

The standard T-mobile 1.5 rom will not work on my device.

As far as I know, Huawei did not release the 1.5 rom for the CHT8000.

I think they did, try to search huaweidevice

Guest Richard_Arkless

Very interesting question

if I downgrade to 1.5 you know that a newer version of 1.5 fixed the vibrate for leaked 2.1 users, is there a newer 1.5 version than that so we can use that and get it to be stable then flash a stripped down version of 2.1 so then it wont reboot all the time

Guest DanWilson
Very interesting question

if I downgrade to 1.5 you know that a newer version of 1.5 fixed the vibrate for leaked 2.1 users, is there a newer 1.5 version than that so we can use that and get it to be stable then flash a stripped down version of 2.1 so then it wont reboot all the time

No...

I think... I don't really get the question, is it;

"Is there an Android 1.5 UPDATA.APP which will increase stability of the leaked 2.1 ROMS (Or a stripped down official version...)?"

In which case,

No...

Guest _melchett

i'm guessing this can also be done by the in os update option? My volume up rarely works so i'm a little concerned about that being the only option to do this.

At least this means everyone can give the official 2.1 a go without fear of never being able to return to 1.5! Happy days

Guest Richard_Arkless
No...

I think... I don't really get the question, is it;

"Is there an Android 1.5 UPDATA.APP which will increase stability of the leaked 2.1 ROMS (Or a stripped down official version...)?"

In which case,

No...

ok thanks I was hoping there was a newer 1.5 updata.app and then to install my stipped down version of official 2.1 so I can put the extra free space to good use in the data partition

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest DanWilson
ok thanks I was hoping there was a newer 1.5 updata.app and then to install my stipped down version of official 2.1 so I can put the extra free space to good use in the data partition

Can't you install it anyway?

And just cos I can, and no one has read it,

Do you know we have the second highest threads and replies in the Android section of MoDaCo? Behind the HTC Hero. That makes me proud of my random posts!

Guest Richard_Arkless
Can't you install it anyway?

And just cos I can, and no one has read it,

Do you know we have the second highest threads and replies in the Android section of MoDaCo? Behind the HTC Hero. That makes me proud of my random posts!

No what I mean is if I downgrade to the december update then flash a stripped down official 2.1 update.zip then vibrate wont work and we will have reboot problems which is why I wanted to know if there is a newer 1.5 so it will fix vibrate and increase stability

Guest DanWilson
No what I mean is if I downgrade to the december update then flash a stripped down official 2.1 update.zip then vibrate wont work and we will have reboot problems which is why I wanted to know if there is a newer 1.5 so it will fix vibrate and increase stability

I don't know about stability but the vibrate fix is 1.5... :)

Guest Richard_Arkless
I don't know about stability but the vibrate fix is 1.5... :)

well this talks about how to fix vibrate for the leaked 2.1 (which is the same as the official one) and back then the reboots were caused because we had a older firmware part than it was looking for

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...your-2-1-pulse/

so if we find a newer 1.5 then we could update to that and it will fix the reboot problems when we flash 2.1 update.zip

Guest gusthy

Yup, it is possible

If you install any 1.5 after April (personally I recommend the Taiwan 1.5 ROM), and then you build a stripped 2.1, or use this forum's ROMs based on leaked one, it will be stable. And with this tool you can come back to warranty.

Guest DanWilson
well this talks about how to fix vibrate for the leaked 2.1 (which is the same rom as the official one) and back then the reboots were caused because we had a older firmware part than it was looking for

so if we find a newer 1.5 then we could update to that and it will fix the reboot problems when we flash 2.1 update.zip

Wait, why not just install the stock 2.1 .APP?

Cos it sounds like what you mean is extracting just the needed firmware part (radio I think...) then put it into it's own .APP, sign it, flash it then flash a 2.1 ROM. Just too easy... :)

Guest gusthy
well this talks about how to fix vibrate for the leaked 2.1 (which is the same as the official one) and back then the reboots were caused because we had a older firmware part than it was looking for

With the above mentioned Taiwan 1.5 firmware 2.1 was totally stable for me, I guess it uses the same firmware as official Pulse Eclair.

Guest Simon O

Um, why don't you just use the T-Mobile 2.1 update so your firmware is updated, then install a custom 2.1 ROM. Then you will have working vibration, some space on /data and the ability to use a2sd if you want to.

And if you ever want to go back to 1.5 you can use this tool from Huawei to reset the device IDs, then use the T-Mobile December 2009 update to revert the phone back to 1.5 with original partition sizes.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Cos it sounds like what you mean is extracting just the needed firmware part (radio I think...) then put it into it's own .APP, sign it, flash it then flash a 2.1 ROM. Just too easy... :)

Because if we flash a 1.5 updata then it resize the partitions back to normal so we have more space on data and then we could flash a stripped down version of 2.1 and it will fit the system size and we will have more space for data

no just install this tool

install a newer 1.5 and install custom recovery

flash stripped 2.1 update.zip

and vibrate and the reboot problem is fixed

Guest gusthy
Because if we flash a 1.5 updata then it resize the partitions back to normal so we have more space on data and then we could flash a stripped down version of 2.1 and it will fit the system size and we will have more space for data

no just install this tool

install a newer 1.5 and install custom recovery

flash stripped 2.1 update.zip

and vibrate and the reboot problem is fixed

I quessed this is the reason, but it has to be a _very_ stripped down 2.1 to fit to /system....

All the ROMs based on "leaked" copied itself partly to /data.

Guest Richard_Arkless
I quessed this is the reason, but it has to be a _very_ stripped down 2.1 to fit to /system....

All the ROMs based on "leaked" copied itself partly to /data.

I managed to make the system folder fit down to under 85mb just fine and all the system stuff is still in system, no symbolic links removed most huawei apps and 2 or 3 stock android apps, moved a few apps to the data part

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...lla-2-1-rom-v9/

Guest Jan M

no it isn't...we have no way of signing .app updates.

Guest Jan M
I managed to make the system folder fit down to under 85mb just fine and all the system stuff is still in system, no symbolic links removed most huawei apps and 2 or 3 stock android apps, moved a few apps to the data part

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...lla-2-1-rom-v9/

rather than moving system apps to data...why not just use the firmware with the larger system partition? :)

Guest DanWilson
no it isn't...we have no way of signing .app updates.

Sarcasm... :)

Caught you out there didn't I :)

Although I thought Bobo/Daniel Williamson was working on it?

Guest Richard_Arkless
rather than moving system apps to data...why not just use the firmware with the larger system partition? :)

because all apps are up-datable through the market meaning if I moved them to system then space will be used in system and then when there is an update there will be space used in data as well, id rather have the system resized so I have more space in data

Guest gusthy
because all apps are up-datable through the market meaning if I moved them to system then space will be used in system and then when there is an update there will be space used in data as well, id rather have the system resized so I have more space in data

sure, but with A2SD it is not a big problem