Huawei allowed us to return to 1.5 or whereever we want

Guest gusthy

Guest Jan M
because all apps are up-datable through the market meaning if I moved them to system then space will be used in system and then when there is an update there will be space used in data as well, id rather have the system resized so I have more space in data

ok...but interestingly enough, I was getting a 'problem logging in' when I trying to run brut's Maps.apk from /data...but no problem running it in /system...so not all system apps are meant to run from /data...

Guest Richard_Arkless
sure, but with A2SD it is not a big problem

I find most of my problems are down to A2SD, it will be easier to use the data partition to store apps and then use the space which would normally be for a2sd to go to storing things like music, pictures, etc

ok...but interestingly enough, I was getting a 'problem logging in' when I trying to run brut's Maps.apk from /data...but no problem running it in /system...so not all system apps are meant to run from /data...

all apps that are in data seem fine for me

Guest gusthy
I find most of my problems are down to A2SD, it will be easier to use the data partition to store apps and then use the space which would normally be for a2sd to go to storing things like music, pictures, etc

all apps that are in data seem fine for me

There are apps definitely which cannot run from /data, but it can be managed.

what is the problem with a2sd? I never had any problem with it using an old class 2 sandisk card.

Guest Richard_Arkless
There are apps definitely which cannot run from /data, but it can be managed.

what is the problem with a2sd? I never had any problem with it using an old class 2 sandisk card.

I got a class 4 4gb microsd (cant think of the make but its a real one) and whatever reason sometimes I go into my apps and I dont see any apps installed I tried going into recovery and repairing and those other things and it wont show up so I have to format it, ive even tried different sd cards same problem, sometimes I install an app and its unsuccessful then I restart it and try again and then it works lol, the last time I used it was like a couple of days ago so I know its not fixed lol

lol its too much hassle id rather just use data to store the apps, dont store that many anyway and use the sd card for my media

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest twrock
I think they did, try to search huaweidevice

I have searched, and searched, and searched, and.......

I haven't found the original CHT8000 ROM on the Huawei website.

(And, yes, I will feel both happy and embarrassed if someone replies right away with the link.) :)

But I still haven't understood the answer to my other question.

For those of you who have applied this updata, is the phone immediately bootable (without installing any other updata or flashing any other ROM)?

If so, what is it you are booting into? Is it a T-Mobile ROM or some other ROM (i.e., is it a "vanilla" ROM, the Taiwan ROM, the China ROM, some other ROM)?

All I have been able to understand so far from reading this thread is that the partitioning reverts to the 1.5 partitions, and that you can then flash "some other 1.5 rom" on top of it. I'm trying to understand what "it" is before you flash any other rom on top of it. Sorry for being such a noob, but I apparently just don't get it. :)

Incidentally, Huawei has announced an update to 2.1 for the CHT8000 to be available in July. I'll be curious to see what the partitioning looks like on that device.

Guest Simon O
I have searched, and searched, and searched, and.......

I haven't found the original CHT8000 ROM on the Huawei website.

(And, yes, I will feel both happy and embarrassed if someone replies right away with the link.) :)

But I still haven't understood the answer to my other question.

For those of you who have applied this updata, is the phone immediately bootable (without installing any other updata or flashing any other ROM)?

If so, what is it you are booting into? Is it a T-Mobile ROM or some other ROM (i.e., is it a "vanilla" ROM, the Taiwan ROM, the China ROM, some other ROM)?

All I have been able to understand so far from reading this thread is that the partitioning reverts to the 1.5 partitions, and that you can then flash "some other 1.5 rom" on top of it. I'm trying to understand what "it" is before you flash any other rom on top of it. Sorry for being such a noob, but I apparently just don't get it. :)

Incidentally, Huawei has announced an update to 2.1 for the CHT8000 to be available in July. I'll be curious to see what the partitioning looks like on that device.

The update doesn't provide any rom. It just resets the device IDs to allow original firmware to be flashed again.

Guest twrock
The update doesn't provide any rom. It just resets the device IDs to allow original firmware to be flashed again.

Thanks much. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

One more question for clarification then. I'm guessing that the ROM one flashes after applying this updata can be from a previous nandroid backup of the device, and doesn't need to be an official Huawei rom (in the form of an updata), right?

Thanks again.

Guest nomadsoul

I have a u8230 (TMN A1) with swiss 2.1 rom from huawei, unfortunatly while trying to root my 1.5 stock rom i used the wrong superboot file (i had both files in same folder for rooting 1.5 and 2.1).

So i wasnt able to go back to 1.5 after that but was still able to install the swiss 2.1 rom and i have the superuser permission and quickboot icons in the menu but unfortunatly none of them work.

When i try to open the super permissions it just hangs till i try to close it and get the "force close" option.

When i enter the quick boot icon i get a menu with the recovery,normal and bootloader icons but none of them work i simply get an error (siriusapplications.quickboot stopped working) and get the force close option again...

Applying the superboot again (on the blue bootloader screen) has no effect. Does anyone know if this file from huawei will fix my phone and allow me to go back to 1.5 to do it right this time? Or if theres any other solution to fix this?

Guest gusthy
I have a u8230 (TMN A1) with swiss 2.1 rom from huawei, unfortunatly while trying to root my 1.5 stock rom i used the wrong superboot file (i had both files in same folder for rooting 1.5 and 2.1).

So i wasnt able to go back to 1.5 after that but was still able to install the swiss 2.1 rom and i have the superuser permission and quickboot icons in the menu but unfortunatly none of them work.

When i try to open the super permissions it just hangs till i try to close it and get the "force close" option.

When i enter the quick boot icon i get a menu with the recovery,normal and bootloader icons but none of them work i simply get an error (siriusapplications.quickboot stopped working) and get the force close option again...

Applying the superboot again (on the blue bootloader screen) has no effect. Does anyone know if this file from huawei will fix my phone and allow me to go back to 1.5 to do it right this time? Or if theres any other solution to fix this?

Try it :)

btw, I think, yes, it will.

Guest nomadsoul
Try it :)

btw, I think, yes, it will.

The "I think" part scares me cause if it doesnt work ill land up with a pretty paper weight :)

Guest DanWilson
The "I think" part scares me cause if it doesnt work ill land up with a pretty paper weight :)

It's got to work, it's Huawei's backup plan :)

Guest tuxuy

Hi you all.. I have a u8220-6 (latin american) and I have heard that the hungarian update doesn't work in all countries down here.. but, let's suppose in mine works and I have no problems with 3G if I apply the hung. update to 2.1 and then a custom rom.. (and here comes the question): If I want to roll back to 1.5 because X reason.. I couldn't find the original rom for my country (not even for anyone in Latin American), Can I use the UK 1.5 rom to roll back and then apply a nandroid restore from a backup made of the phone in the "original" (when I bought it) state ?.. or it's the same about 3G ? .. because the firmware still won't be for L.A....

Guest gusthy

The only reason for "i think" was that is is originally for 8220, and you have 8230.

But meanwhile many people could fix their 8230 and 8220-6 with that tool.

Guest twrock
Hi you all.. I have a u8220-6 (latin american) and I have heard that the hungarian update doesn't work in all countries down here.. but, let's suppose in mine works and I have no problems with 3G if I apply the hung. update to 2.1 and then a custom rom.. (and here comes the question): If I want to roll back to 1.5 because X reason.. I couldn't find the original rom for my country (not even for anyone in Latin American), Can I use the UK 1.5 rom to roll back and then apply a nandroid restore from a backup made of the phone in the "original" (when I bought it) state ?.. or it's the same about 3G ? .. because the firmware still won't be for L.A....

This is almost the same question I have been asking, but I can't seem to get a clear answer. After applying just this update (and no other updata), can we restore our previous nandroid backup and have a working system again?

In other words, does tuxuy even need to use the UK 1.5 rom, or can he just use this update and his previous nandroid backup?

This is almost the same question I have been asking, but I can't seem to get a clear answer. After applying just this update (and no other updata), can we restore our previous nandroid backup and have a working system again?

In other words, does tuxuy even need to use the UK 1.5 rom, or can he just use this update and his previous nandroid backup?

I am wondering this too, it would be great to be able to go back to a nand backup.

Guest gusthy

I don' like to write things like this, but RTM!!!

It was described several times that this patch does nothing else but resets firmware ID to an initial value so that you can go back to your original ROM. It does not do anytning else, no repartitioning etc.

And it is good that it works like this.

If you want to go back to your nandroid, you dont need to do anything (if hardware drivers and partitioning is okay for that backup), or you have to time-travel back to the original 1.5 upfata.app, then go forward with other ROMs needed.

It would be nice if people would read the descriptions, topics etc before asking.

It was described several times that this patch does nothing else but resets firmware ID to an initial value so that you can go back to your original ROM. It does not do anytning else, no repartitioning etc.

If you want to go back to your nandroid, you dont need to do anything (if hardware drivers and partitioning is okay for that backup), or you have to time-travel back to the original 1.5 upfata.app, then go forward with other ROMs needed.

It would be nice if people would read the descriptions, topics etc before asking.

Excuse me for being stupid but are you saying that it should work just to:

1. Use Huaweis back-to-1.5 method

2. Nandroid restore with Amon-RA (or install 1.5 rom used before then nandroid restore)

No Wiping required or anything?

Edited by Guest

Guest DanWilson
Excuse me for being stupid but are you saying that it should work just to:

1. Use Huaweis back-to-1.5 method

2. Nandroid restore with Amon-RA (or install 1.5 rom used before then nandroid restore)

No Wiping required or anything?

1. Install the "Time Machine" UPDATA.APP

2. Install the December Update UPDATA.APP

3. Install Amon-Ra recovery

4. Wipe just in case. (Probably not needed...)

5. Nandroid restore

6. ????

7. PROFIT!! :) :)

Guest twrock

RTM? lol! What manual? If there was a manual, maybe it would be clear. :)

But thank you. This explanation has actually answered my question. Since I don't have an "original ROM" for my device, I needed to figure out if there was a way back to my device's 1.5 ROM if I wanted to play around with some of the 2.1 ROMs.

Guest gusthy
RTM? lol! What manual? If there was a manual, maybe it would be clear. :)

But thank you. This explanation has actually answered my question. Since I don't have an "original ROM" for my device, I needed to figure out if there was a way back to my device's 1.5 ROM if I wanted to play around with some of the 2.1 ROMs.

Any 1.5 T-Mobile 1.5 will do, indeed.

The only reason for looking after your provider's original is that if you want warranty, it is important.

"Manual" is in the huawei forum link :) It describes 4 steps of usage, and this tool really does not do anything else.

Btw, I only wrote this because here in this forum topic you could read all I wrote here.

Guest tuxuy
1. Install the "Time Machine" UPDATA.APP

Sorry about the question, but, what do you mean with this?.. there is actually a rom called that way or you are talking in a figurative way and you refer to a 1.5 updata.app (somebody knows where can I get one of this?).

Thanks again

Guest tuxuy
Any 1.5 T-Mobile 1.5 will do, indeed.

The only reason for looking after your provider's original is that if you want warranty, it is important.

"Manual" is in the huawei forum link :) It describes 4 steps of usage, and this tool really does not do anything else.

Btw, I only wrote this because here in this forum topic you could read all I wrote here.

Another thought.. I'm thinking to myself.. "if I apply the hungarian update (wich changes my firmware, and could eventually give me problems with the 3G band cause I'm in Latin America) and something screws up.. so I have to roll back, get a 1.5 updata.app (uk one, because there isn't one for latin america in the huaweidevice site) I will end up in the same problem with 3G.." Wouldn't I ?..