First screenshot of JG1 (6.5.3) (was JF (June) ROMS?)

Guest peter_pg

Guest viewdetails
I have flashed my device dozens of times including the official releases and there are hardly any differences concerning batttery life. And I don't have a continuous WIFI connection nor a continuous data connection.

So you figured out that SPB is the cause... I see.

Guest pbrand
So you figured out that SPB is the cause... I see.

Indeed I have. Without it, battery lasts longer than with it. Not to difficult to test :lol: Other users report other results so it differs from device to device. It's that I find mobile shell too nice a program not to use it. So I bear the fact that battery lasts just one day.

Edited by pbrand

Guest everson
Indeed I have. Without it, battery lasts longer than with it. Not to difficult to test :lol: Other users report other results so it differs from device to device. It's that I find mobile shell too nice a program not to use it. So I bear the fact that battery lasts just one day.

Hello guys,

I never updated the EBOOT and PHONE. I always upgraded only the CSC and the PDA.

Using the SPB MS and other heavy programs and I can guarantee that it is NOT because of them that the battery dies faster. My battery lasts more than three days!

The only problem I had with the battery was when I changed my provider and its 3G network (also used for voice calls) began to consume lots of battery. At this time, my battery does not last a day. So I disabled it the 3G (I do not use for data!) and everything was resolved.

Edited by everson

Guest HugoB
Hello guys,

I never updated the EBOOT and PHONE. I always upgraded only the CSC and the PDA.

Using the SPB MS and other heavy programs and I can guarantee that it is NOT because of them that the battery dies faster. My battery lasts more than three days!

The only problem I had with the battery was when I changed my provider and its 3G network (also used for voice calls) began to consume lots of battery. At this time, my battery does not last a day. So I disabled it the 3G (I do not use for data!) and everything was resolved.

That is correct!

With me is the same thing. 3G consumes more battery than the usual.

Guest Yury_A

Do try to disable GPRS Monitor. Previously my battery could last 3 or 4 days. Then I enabled GPRS monitor and then noticed noticeable drop in the battery life. Since then I've disabled GPRS monitor and the battery life seems to be back to its normal 3 to 4 days.

Guest Astracat_95
I hope Samsung will improve battery use on the next Rom, as JE5/JE3 isn't very good compared to the one before, JE1.

I have been using JE5/JE3 since last Sunday and it drains the battery within a day! I have to charge almost twice a day!

So I am going back to JE1 for the time being.

Stuff running on my Omnia 2:

SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5

Sygic Mobile Maps 10 (only when req'd, of course)

CleanRam

Opera Mobile 10

S2U2

Update: I have reflashed to JE5/JE3 but now the battery seems to last much longer than before, I don't know why that is. But even with 3G on most of the time it seems better now.

I was told it could have been the way it was flashed.

Guest y17dt
WOW... hoping for new JG roms.

Do you know if is 6.5 or 6.5.x?

The one on the picture looks like WM 6.5.x (no X-button on the top right corner...)

Guest Lancez
WOW... hoping for new JG roms.

Do you know if is 6.5 or 6.5.x?

sorry, HugoBoss. no more info can be provided at this point :D but do keep faith and be patient :angry:

Edited by Lancez

Guest HugoB
sorry, HugoBoss. no more info can be provided at this point :D but do keep faith and be patient :angry:

thanks man...

will wait 4 your news.

Guest cicciosprint

Samsung truly is impressive.. I mean, they pump out new ROMs like there's no tomorrow. Take that, HTC.

My opinion is that if we were to obtain full access to Samsung's update/dev servers, we would find countless experiments ongoing with our Omnia II, perhaps even the source for the wireless heart monitoring and medical care equipment that's being distributed to a select hospitals across Italy.

I've tried it, it's impressive.