Wireless connection unsuccessful

Guest TomDroid

Guest TomDroid

Anyone having problems connecting to WiFi? I am sitting next to my router, have entered the wep key, and the Streak says it's obtaining an address fom my router - then it comes back & says unsuccessful!!

Is there a update that I need to apply that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance, guru's :)

Guest courtlandre

Is your router setup to only let certain mac addresses connect? Also, you may want to try and change the channel on the router.

Guest TomDroid
Is your router setup to only let certain mac addresses connect? Also, you may want to try and change the channel on the router.

Cheers, I tried changing the channel to Auto, and the router shows MAC address filtering disabled.

I guess I can update the firmware on the router, but you can bet that that will bugger up some of my other connections :)

Guest TomDroid
Cheers, I tried changing the channel to Auto, and the router shows MAC address filtering disabled.

I guess I can update the firmware on the router, but you can bet that that will bugger up some of my other connections :)

ok, following the oldest IT trick in the book....delete the remembered connection, turn off & on again!! seems to have worked

Guest Andy Garton

I have this problem also, only deleting the remembered connection (or rebooting, or anything else I've tried) doesn't fix it. It worked using the same router for a few days, then suddenly stopped :) Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Guest Loconinja
I have this problem also, only deleting the remembered connection (or rebooting, or anything else I've tried) doesn't fix it. It worked using the same router for a few days, then suddenly stopped :) Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Mine will sometimes not re-connect to a remembered connection. Turning Wi-Fi off and on seems to fix it.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

I suddenly noticed i was experiencing this problem maybe it's been there all the time and i just hadn't noticed I'm not sure anyway i think I've now fixed it. Go into more settings then to Wireless Controls then choose WiFi settings then press the Menu button and choose Advanced and there you will see the WiFi sleep policy mine was set to when screen turns off and have now changed it to never and that seems to of fixed it I will report back if it hasn't.

Marc

Guest craigdabbs
Hi all,

I suddenly noticed i was experiencing this problem maybe it's been there all the time and i just hadn't noticed I'm not sure anyway i think I've now fixed it. Go into more settings then to Wireless Controls then choose WiFi settings then press the Menu button and choose Advanced and there you will see the WiFi sleep policy mine was set to when screen turns off and have now changed it to never and that seems to of fixed it I will report back if it hasn't.

Marc

i think that could kill your battery tho ;)

Guest Dogmann55

@craigdabbs

Well my battery hasn't suddenly run down any faster then previously and i haven't seen the no Internet problem again either so far so it's all good again from my point of view.

Marc

Guest Logoria
Anyone having problems connecting to WiFi? I am sitting next to my router, have entered the wep key, and the Streak says it's obtaining an address fom my router - then it comes back & says unsuccessful!!

Is there a update that I need to apply that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance, guru's ;)

It's possible type wrong wep key, obtain ip address according to wep key fail three times and it won't retry anymore.

Maybe forget the connection and try again.

Guest Logoria
I have this problem also, only deleting the remembered connection (or rebooting, or anything else I've tried) doesn't fix it. It worked using the same router for a few days, then suddenly stopped ;) Any ideas greatly appreciated.

How about other devices connect to the router? works well except "Streak"?

Suggestion:

1. reset the router.

2. Maybe change router security to wpa intead of wep then check again

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Just a quick update well with my new WiFi sleep policy i haven't lost the connection at all and after 16hrs of uptime still have 48% battery level I'm more than happy with the battery life on the Streak along with the fact that it also charges so quickly to IMO it dispels all this talk of Android has rubbish battery life and all this whilst still only on 1.6 obviously not all devices are created equal. I can't imagine what it's going to be like and how much better it will get once we get the better optimised 2.2 update.

Marc

Guest TomDroid

NIce work, Dogmann!

Changed my settings and all is hunky dory too! I forgot & left my streak on all night last night on about 60% battery - been playing music all morning, had the CoPilot on and done some surfing - battery now shows 48% !!!

Not too shabby..... ;)

• 2 months later...
Guest streakuser
Hi all,

Just a quick update well with my new WiFi sleep policy i haven't lost the connection at all and after 16hrs of uptime still have 48% battery level I'm more than happy with the battery life on the Streak along with the fact that it also charges so quickly to IMO it dispels all this talk of Android has rubbish battery life and all this whilst still only on 1.6 obviously not all devices are created equal. I can't imagine what it's going to be like and how much better it will get once we get the better optimised 2.2 update.

Marc

• 4 months later...
Guest displaynameofme

Hi guys . same problem with me. I've changed wifi policy but not fixed. I 've checked it up from my router . my phone can obtain ip from my router and suddenly disconnect.

Guest kirkla79
Hi guys . same problem with me. I've changed wifi policy but not fixed. I 've checked it up from my router . my phone can obtain ip from my router and suddenly disconnect.

I've had this problem twice with my streak. First when I went to 2.2 and recently with 1.6.1 . The only thing that fixed it was resetting the router. Not sure why it happens, and I have even changed routers since the first time it happened.

You can also try this to see if it works:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1572360

Didn[t work for me but it cant hurt to try

Guest displaynameofme
I've had this problem twice with my streak. First when I went to 2.2 and recently with 1.6.1 . The only thing that fixed it was resetting the router. Not sure why it happens, and I have even changed routers since the first time it happened.

You can also try this to see if it works:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1572360

Didn[t work for me but it cant hurt to try

didn't work for me , too . In router dhcp list I can see my phone mac adr. I cannot solve that there is a thing in router system log. it says access succesful and logout. this log is same for my pc but pc doesn't disconnect. namely problem is related with phone. phone cannot understand what router says. and disconnect.

approximately 5 seconds , my phone is seen on router device list.

I don't know what problem is , disconnects and seen a text under wifi on phone "unsuccesful"

Edited by displaynameofme

Guest kirkla79
didn't work for me , too . In router dhcp list I can see my phone mac adr. I cannot solve that there is a thing in router system log. it says access succesful and logout. this log is same for my pc but pc doesn't disconnect. namely problem is related with phone. phone cannot understand what router says. and disconnect.

approximately 5 seconds , my phone is seen on router device list.

I don't know what problem is , disconnects and seen a text under wifi on phone "unsuccesful"

Mine was doing something similar. Only by doing a hard reset of the router was I able to get back on. It annoying to have to redo all the settings on my router but is was the only way I could connect to my wifi with my streak again. It probably is a phone issue since it happened with 2 different routers for me. So if you haven't tried a reset of your router maybe you can try that.