battery pulled during update

Guest Yoda_Oz

Guest Yoda_Oz

today i tried to do the "official" update of 2.1 android on my htc hero.

the process was taking way too long, over 30 minutes! so i pulled my battery because that was the only thing that would turn the phone off.

anyway, now when i try to turn my phone on all i get is a white screen with some green writing on the top and then a big icon at the bottom of a chip with a cross behind it.

i've been googling for hours and ive tried many different things to do a recovery. i can access the phone through usb with fastboot but actually booting doesnt work. adb won't connect, ie "no devices found".

anyway got a solution to un-brick my phone? attached is a photo of the white screen.

i'd really like to get this phone working again... thanks :)

post-716394-1276274412_thumb.jpg

Guest Carl_Brummy
today i tried to do the "official" update of 2.1 android on my htc hero.

the process was taking way too long, over 30 minutes! so i pulled my battery because that was the only thing that would turn the phone off.

anyway, now when i try to turn my phone on all i get is a white screen with some green writing on the top and then a big icon at the bottom of a chip with a cross behind it.

i've been googling for hours and ive tried many different things to do a recovery. i can access the phone through usb with fastboot but actually booting doesnt work. adb won't connect, ie "no devices found".

anyway got a solution to un-brick my phone? attached is a photo of the white screen.

i'd really like to get this phone working again... thanks :)

What happens if you try to update the phone using an early RUU update? Not the later one as this screws up the root process?? Does this find the phone?

Guest Yoda_Oz
What happens if you try to update the phone using an early RUU update? Not the later one as this screws up the root process?? Does this find the phone?

ill give it a go and see what happens. im downloading it as we speak.

while im waiting though, the newest RUU still finds the phone it just gets stuck on the "erasing data" process.

any thoughts?

Guest Yoda_Oz
ill give it a go and see what happens. im downloading it as we speak.

while im waiting though, the newest RUU still finds the phone it just gets stuck on the "erasing data" process.

any thoughts?

the older RUU i just sitting on the "erasing user data" bit too... it's been on this for about 10 minutes now. see attached photo again:

EDIT: while the updater is trying to "erase user data" the screen on the phone looks like the photo in my first post.

post-716394-1276280275_thumb.png

Edited by Yoda_Oz

Guest Yoda_Oz
the older RUU i just sitting on the "erasing user data" bit too... it's been on this for about 10 minutes now. see attached photo again:

EDIT: while the updater is trying to "erase user data" the screen on the phone looks like the photo in my first post.

ok. i pulled the usb cable out because it was taking wayyyyy too long.

the updater took me through a recovery process so i followed the steps. i got to the end and i got a connection error. see screenshot. you'll notice in the background of the screenshot my device manager showing the My HTC in it.:

post-716394-1276281177_thumb.png

Guest acolwill
ok. i pulled the usb cable out because it was taking wayyyyy too long.

Congratulations for being impatient and breaking your phone. May you never have children.