Rooting the Streak

Guest ironaces

Guest ironaces

I've been trying to Root my Dell Streak following the instructions given at Modaco. However, I am unable to put my device into USB mode. I have tried (and failed) to install USB PC drivers however they fail every time I try. I did this using Android SDK.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: [FIX] Installed Dell Sync from device.

Edited by ironaces

Guest ironaces

Perhaps I didn't give enough detail:

Device: Dell Streak (OS1.6)

As my device will not enter FASTBOOT MODE I decided to see whether or not it was a driver issue. After searching round I came to the conclusion that I need the Android PC USB driver. Which I downloaded through Android SDK. When I plug my device into my PC and look in Device Manager I can see my Android 1.0 with an explanation point next to it. When I try and manually select the folder in which the USB drivers are held, it comes back as unable to update driver.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if there is a solution to it.

Guest clickspace
right click the device and choose 'Update Driver Software', then choose 'Browse my computer for driver software', then click 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. A list of categories should appear, choose 'Android Phone'. Another list will appear, choose 'Android Bootloader Interface'
Edited by clickspace

Guest courtlandre

When your phone is on the white screen, plug it in. Does it fail to recognize it or does your computer think its something? You aren't giving enough info for us to help you.

Guest ironaces
When your phone is on the white screen, plug it in. Does it fail to recognize it or does your computer think its something? You aren't giving enough info for us to help you.

Windows 7 would not recognise the device, or at least could not find suitable drivers for it. Which meant I could not enter FASTBOOT MODE on the device. However this has been resolved. Dell Suit most included appropriate USB drivers for the Streak.

Guest Eric.Druse
Windows 7 would not recognise the device, or at least could not find suitable drivers for it. Which meant I could not enter FASTBOOT MODE on the device. However this has been resolved. Dell Suit most included appropriate USB drivers for the Streak.

Did you do push Camera key and power key at same time to power your set into fastboot mode?

Guest chopper70

Hi I had the same problem. You need to install Dell Suite of the SD card in the device, re-boot your pc then connect your streak as normal (not in fast boot mode) it will now install the android drivers (ADB I think) and connect to dell suite. Now you can try and enter fast boot and search for the driver via device manager as previously documented.