Do I need to update my patched recovery image?

Guest saintadam

Guest saintadam

I have previously rooted and installed a patched recovery image (RA-1.2.2 I think) on my Orange UK Hero and installed a custom ROM (can;t remember which one, but it was around the time of the mentioned recovery image and was an Orange UK RUU specific one, if I remember correctly.

I fancied updating to a more recent ROM, so yesterday flashed MCR3.2 onto the phone and all seems still to work OK, with the phone generally running quicker, but I have only had it running for a day.

As I want to flash the new MCR4.0 that Paul has recently posted, reading through all of the posts it says to root with a PRI RA-v1.5.2 or CM-hero-recovery image. I have tried to upgrade my PRI via PC running ADB/Fastboot etc (both Linux and Windows) and via installing the pfalsrec .apk on the phone, However, whatever I do I am getting errors like (PC) < waiting for device >, boot.img'... FAILED (remote: not allow and on the phone app, cannot execute command.

My question is, do I actually need to upgrade the PRI or will the MCR4.0 flash without it? BTW, I had no problems with the radio after flashing MCR3.2 (without radio) so is it likely this will also work with MCR4.0?

Sorry for the long winded question, but I am getting a little frustrated with these PRIs!!

Guest saintadam

PhilUK,

Thanks for the guidance, I used the ROM manager program mentioned in that thread and managed to flash the ClockworkMod Recovery image onto the phone. I have since tried the RA 1.6.2 image as well but have not managed to get MCR4.0 to load without lots of reboots, crashes and general lack of stability.

Thanks again for your help. At least the first step in the long road to re-flashing is complete! :)